cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

evilqueen123
Enthusiast
Hi! I recently found a Minnie Mouse in a box in my garage and hopefully you can help me ID it. She is molded plastic with removable red shoes and a removable red bow. The bow fits into holes in the top of her head and one hole in the back. She is wearing a dress that is yellow on the top and red and white polka dot on the bottom. It says Walt Disney Productions stamped into the back of her head. There is a tag on the back of the dress with stock no. 0223-3001 Minnie Mouse. She is 8" tall. I can almost say for sure that she came from the Magic Kingdom in Florida not too long after they opened. I went there a lot as a child and I vaguely remember getting her there. There is no year on her anywhere. Thanks for any info you can give me about her! Love to read the posts to this board!
Message 121 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I recently found a Minnie Mouse in a box in my garage and hopefully you can help me ID it. She is molded plastic with removable red shoes and a removable red bow. The bow fits into holes in the top of her head and one hole in the back. She is wearing a dress that is yellow on the top and red and white polka dot on the bottom. It says Walt Disney Productions stamped into the back of her head. There is a tag on the back of the dress with stock no. 0223-3001 Minnie Mouse. She is 8" tall. I can almost say for sure that she came from the Magic Kingdom in Florida not too long after they opened.

ANSWER:
These toys are somewhat hard to pin down, though this one was likely sold through Walt Disney Distributing. They were headquartered in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, and provided much of the early WDW toys and souvenirs for the first decade of operation.

As far as value, there isn't much we can offer for this piece. They typically sell on eBay for $10 - $20, and seem to be more valuable for sentimental reasons. Our recommendation: hold on to it and let it become a family keepsake. It's worth the memories!

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 122 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I came across this collection of somewhat vintage Donald Duck figurines and was wondering if they had any sort of collectible value?

ANSWER:
These Donald Duck plastic / rubber figures typically sell for $10 - $20. The wind-up toy may be worth a bit more... possibly $25 - $35 or more. Mechanical toys tend to bring the best prices; and metal toys in their original box are the most sought after. Keep in mind that an avid Donald Duck collector would LOVE to have this lot. Our recommendation: Sell them in an eBay store for one price; and make it worth your while. The right buyer will find these to be a great catch!

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 123 of 1,793
latest reply

freetogonow
Enthusiast
Dave ~

You're awesome!!!

Kate
Message 124 of 1,793
latest reply

islandfille88
Enthusiast
Hello!
I am looking for some info on some old Christmas ornaments I came across.

http://www.imgmag.com/images/islandfille/VintagexChristmasxOrnaments.jpg
I also have Pluto Mickey Pinnochio and Dale.
Wondering if you knew their worth. They are marked with the copyright sign and Walt Disney Productions Made in Hong Kong and the name of the character on the bottom. Some are missing paper eyes or a hand but they are looking pretty good. I am thinking they are from the 70's.

Would they sell better to list them individually or separate? Should I wait until closer to Christmas?
Message 125 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I am looking for some info on some old Christmas ornaments I came across. I also have Pluto, Mickey, Pinocchio, and Dale. Wondering if you knew their worth. They are marked with the copyright sign and Walt Disney Productions Made in Hong Kong and the name of the character on the bottom. Some are missing paper eyes or a hand but they are looking pretty good. I am thinking they are from the 70's. Would they sell better to list them individually or separate? Should I wait until closer to Christmas?

ANSWER:
If the manufacturer mark was present, I might be able to give you some more information. Without that, they do appear to be vintage 1960's (or late 1950's) ornaments.

I would guess their value to be approx. $20-$25 each, although they could easily go higher.

I would sell them separately, as there are collectors of each character that may not want the whole set.

We typically offer Christmas items from October thru November. People are generally in the Christmas mood by then, and this can allow for sufficient time to ship the item prior to Christmas display.

Good luck!
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 126 of 1,793
latest reply

gaspode38
Enthusiast
Hiya,

Would anyone know anything about this Minnie?

Her tag reads:
Disneyland ®

Walt Disney World ®

© Disney

All new materials polyester fibres

NE 1525: PA 1378: OHIO PA 1378:MASS T-616

CANASA TRADING CORP. BURBANK, CA.

PRODUCT OF KOREA MFR - 103.

Thanks in advance for any and all help
Cya,
Gaspode

Message 127 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Would anyone know anything about this Minnie? Her tag reads:
Disneyland ® / Walt Disney World ® / © Disney. All new materials polyester fibres

NE 1525: PA 1378: OHIO PA 1378:MASS T-616 CANASA TRADING CORP. BURBANK, CA. PRODUCT OF KOREA MFR - 103.

ANSWER:
According to the picture you provided, it looks to the Minnie Mouse plush that was sold at Disneyland in the 1980's for their "Blast to the Past" 1950's nostalgia promotion. Resale on these is fairly limited; mostly in the $5 to $15 range...

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 128 of 1,793
latest reply

jaapthejeep
Enthusiast
I just started a new thread with this question, but it looks like "saturdays toys'" thread is the place to be! Sorry for the dupe.

I don't quite know what to call this toy. It is stuffed but not "plush" or furry on the outside. It feels kind of like a textured (foamy?)rubber and appeared to have the details painted on.

I looked for them when I was in Disney this Spring, but didn't see anything like it.

Any suggestions on how to describe it? Anyone seen anything like them or have an inkling about value?

I appreciate the help!

Message 129 of 1,793
latest reply

jaapthejeep
Enthusiast
"I don't quite know what to call this toy. It is stuffed but not "plush" or furry on the outside. It feels kind of like a textured (foamy?)rubber and appeared to have the details painted on."

I realized I needed to add that the zebra is from Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Thanks!
Message 130 of 1,793
latest reply

In regard to the above zebra toy, there is very little collectible value for the piece. It's a nice toy for zebra collectors, but without much value.

It wouldn't qualify as vintage Disney, and was likely sold at Animal Kingdom within the past 5 years.
Message 131 of 1,793
latest reply

jaapthejeep
Enthusiast
Thank you, "saturdaystoys"!

I guess they weren't a big hit with the kids, because I couldn't find anymore at Disney.

I am actually looking for them on Ebay and wanted to be sure I didn't pay too much. I saw a really big elephant listed, but the seller thought it was possibly a valuable vintage item and listed it for $100. I guess he/she didn't realize that Animal Kingdom only opened a few years ago! LOL

I'd appreciate any suggestions on key or descriptive words to try. I haven't had much luck with "not plush."
Message 132 of 1,793
latest reply

jaapthejeep
Enthusiast
saturdaystoys - may I email you privately?

Thank you.
Message 133 of 1,793
latest reply

figment0000000
Enthusiast
Hi Dave Mason,
I recently ran across a plush horse, looks like a clydesdale to me. I'm wondering who he is, tag says Walt Disney Company Sri Lanka. Also, I asked this earlier, I have a Peter Pan figurine that says in the bottom 1972, Hilton-Chicago, 60643 2113-950, Made in Hong Kong. I just thought it was odd that it said Hilton-Chicago. Could this be a convention piece? Thanks.
Message 134 of 1,793
latest reply

shargal40
Enthusiast
Hi Dave.. have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

I have a Donald Duck figurine, circa, 1930's... he is about two and half inches tall and is holding a horn, and he has the long bill like the cartoons had when Donald was first introduced. He is marked across his behind with Walt. Disney, it says nothing of Japan. I only saw him in a book once years ago, and it said that he was worth $150.00. Do you have any reccomendations as to it's price?

Also, I have a factory sealed box of Disney Collector Cards, 15 cards per pack, no idea how many packs are in box. The cover of the box has three types of cards, they are 'Family Portraits', 'World Tour', and 'Favorite Stories'. They were made by the Walt Disney Company and printed in the USA. Produced and distributed by: Impel Marketing Inc. Research Triangle Park, NC. If I opened the box I am sure that I would be able to find when they were made, but then I loose value, don't I? What do you suggest? Any clue as to how much I should ask for them?
Message 135 of 1,793
latest reply