cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

QUESTION:
Hello. I was wondering if you would be able to give me some information on how I would find out the date of my Disney item. I know that the logo Disney Productions was used between 1939 and 1984 however I have been unable to find out any other information regarding my lamp. It does not have a year on it anywhere. I have a Mickey Mouse Lamp MM-1 and have absolutely no idea when it was made. If you could please help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

ANSWER:
We're aware of a Mickey Mouse lamp; Mickey is grinning from ear to ear and waving. He stands over 9" tall and sits on a 4" x 4" black base. Mickey's body is made of very durable rubber and is removable leaving his feet to reveal a light bulb and metal stand with spring attached for mobility. Marked "Walt Disney Productions" behind Mickey's feet on the base top, the base bottom is has a round gold label that reads "MODEL: MM-1 120 VOLT AC 50/60 CYCLE. Walt Disney Character Lamp Division of Universal Lamp Co, Inc, Tokyo Japan."

This company held a Disney license from 1969 - 1971.

We'd estimate current value at $60 - $80.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 91 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
DOLL CAN NOT BE FOUND ANY WHERE ELSE ON EBAY, IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN A GOGGLE SEARCH OR IN ANY ANTIQUE DOLL BOOK IT'S NOT ONE OF A KIND BUT IT IS RARE AND THE CONDITION OF THE DOLL MAKES IT AS CLOSE TO ONE OF A KIND AS YOU CAN GET. HE IS CIRCA -1960

HE IS 10 INCHES TALL AND 4 ACROSS THE SHOULDERS THE HAT IS FELT AND HAS THE ORIGINAL FEATHER, THE FACE IS RUBBER WITH NO CRACKS OR WARE OF ANY KIND. STAMPED ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNDER THE BOTTOM OF THE HAT ARE THE WORDS WALT DISNEY PRODUCT

ANSWER:
We're not familiar with this piece, and without a maker's mark, we may have difficulty pinpointing value.

We'd guess it to be made in Europe. It looks remotely like one of the 1950's Schuco wind-up toys, though the key for most of those toys was on the back of the item, and the key is usually marked "Schuco". It's possible that it was produced in Spain. The red nose is rather unusual for a Pinocchio item, and it's also possible that this was an unauthorized Pinocchio look-alike. More likely, it's an authentic item (in great condition!) that we're just unfamiliar with. Without more definitive information, we'd estimate it's value at $50 - $75.

If we find any other information, we'll be sure to post it here.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 92 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi, and thanks in advance for your time! Found this cute little Mickey Mouse milk glass (pedestal) mug in my thrifty travels.

I've seen others list it (can't remember if it was
eBay or elsewhere) as Federal and pre 1976, but I
haven't come across a reliable reference that
would help me to determine just who made it and when.
It measures: 4 3/4" high, 2 3/4" across

It reads: MICKEY MOUSE © WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS

The base reads HEAT PROOF U.S.A. and has the number 24

ANSWER:
This piece was widely sold at Disneyland and Walt Disney World during the 1970's. It was distributed by Walt Disney Distributing in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The sheer numbers sold have tended to keep the value down; typically $5 to $10.

Thanks,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 93 of 1,793
latest reply

redbioflame
Enthusiast
Hello to all,
I recently listed two (I hope my question is allowed) official Donald Duck entry blank contest forms from 1960's. My main question is: are they rare? i researched and could not find them anywhere online. They are in NM condition.

Thanks so much
Message 94 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
HI.......... I HAVE A SET OF WALT DISNEY RECORD ALBUMS 33 1/3 WITH BOOKS ATTACHED (24 TO BE EXACT) THEIR FROM THE MID 60'S IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE. COULD YOU TELL ME ABOUT THEM & IF THEIR WORTH HANGING ON TO? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME!

ANSWER:
These records were among the most treasured Christmas gifts my brothers and I ever received from our parents. It was Christmas, 1966. We were attending Walt Disney School, and our school had just suffered the worst loss imaginable. Walt Disney had passed away earlier that month, leaving a tremendous void for those of us who felt so close to all that he had created in our hometown of Anaheim, California.

Somehow this special gift from our parents was just what we needed. Not only did we play the records over and over, it also gave us something from our school's founder that we could hold onto. Today, those same record albums line the bedroom shelf in our parents home where they have been for the past four decades.

They aren't really worth much ($5 - $15 each), but the home movies we have of the records laid out before our Christmas tree that year make our earliest Disneyana memories... nothing less than priceless.

Thanks Mom & Dad.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com

Message 95 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I recently listed two (I hope my question is allowed) official Donald Duck entry blank contest forms from 1960's. My main question is: are they rare? i researched and could not find them anywhere online. They are in NM condition.

ANSWER:
See Response #87, as above.
Message 96 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I got a few from garage sales on Saturday, and they were records about Robin Hood, Pinocchio, and Peter Pan.

So will the records mentioned above sell well here? I am, after all, a college student tight on funds.

ANSWER:
Our experience is that vinyl records and their covers do not bring very strong prices on eBay. That doesn't mean they're not worth collecting though! The cover art for many of the record jackets / sleeves is wonderful. They are great on display in any home, and an instant conversation piece.

It's best not to pay more than $1.00 for any record; with the hopes that you may be able to sell some of the records for $10 - $25. Many will never sell at all... so you'll need to make your money on the few that are of interest to die-hard collecors (ie. theme park attraction records; etc.).

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 97 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello-
I am looking for information on Disney Stuffed Animal line of toys from the 1960's (?), tagged "Walt Disney's It's a Small World",distributed by Goebel.
Are these listed in any collector books or websites? Have you ever heard or seen them?!
Thank you for any help-
:-)

"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies” ― Dr. Seuss

Message 98 of 1,793
latest reply

oh- tag also says The Walt Disney Company

"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies” ― Dr. Seuss

Message 99 of 1,793
latest reply

bigoldredbarn
Enthusiast
I believe we have some "rare" Disney figures because I’ve been unable to find other examples of them online. Through the 80's and early 90's, while our children were young, we visited Disneyland and Disney World several times. All of the following was purchased at Disney World.

1. Ceramic Mickey and Minnie faces. Each one is about 10 inches high and 9.5 inches wide and the relief from the wall is about 5 inches deep. They’re very bright with a shiny glaze. The back of each is stamped ©DISNEY JAPAN. They are in perfect condition with no chips, marks, or flaws in the glaze.

2. Full figure Mickey and Minnie ceramic wall art. They are in a kind of dance mode with one kicking foot. Each is 5.5 inches tall. Mickey is 3.5 inches wide and Minnie is just under 3 inches wide. Mickey is kicking his left leg and Minnie is kicking her right leg. Her hands are clasped together under the right side of her chin. They are about 2.5 inches deep. Each is stamped ©DISNEY JAPAN and in perfect condition.

3. Ceramic scene of Mickey and Minnie sitting together at the movies sharing popcorn. They’re sitting on brown and green movie seats (sharing an arm-rest) on top of a gray film can 6 inches in diameter. Minnie is wearing pink shoes with blue bows, pink skirt with white dots, blue shirt, and white bow with pink dots on her head. Mickey has one arm around Minnie’s shoulders and his other hand is over the popcorn that Minnie is holding. The bottom is stamped ©DISNEY JAPAN. The sculpture is about 5 inches high and has a beautiful bisque finish.

I don't want to be piggish so I won't ask about any more. They were very good years for us and we have wonderful memories. Life has changed quite a bit since then and frankly I want to hear they’re worth lots and lots of money. I look forward to your reply.
Message 100 of 1,793
latest reply

karriblue
Enthusiast
Dave,

I was hoping you could give us an idea on what kind of value our vintage disneyland record collection might have.
Thanks in advance.
Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes w/ Sterling Holloway 1964
Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree 1965
Western Songs for Children sung by Fess Parker, Rex Allen, & Stan Jones 1963
Fun with Music 30 Favorite Disney Songs 1961
The Little Engine That Could 1964

Thanks again
Karri
Message 101 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was hoping you could give us an idea on what kind of value our vintage disneyland record collection might have.

ANSWER:
We'll refer you to post #96 above. Our answer would generally be the same. We did, however, find a resource that might be very helpful to record collectors. "The Golden Age of Walt Disney Records (1933 - 1988)" by R. Michael Murray can be purchased on eBay and Amazon; approx. $10 - $15.

Hope that's helpful,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 102 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I am looking for information on Disney Stuffed Animal line of toys from the 1960's (?), tagged "Walt Disney's It's a Small World",distributed by Goebel.
Are these listed in any collector books or websites? Have you ever heard or seen them?! Tag also says Walt Disney Company.

ANSWER:
If the tag says Walt Disney Company, it would have to have been produced after 1985. Prior to that, all tags read "Walt Disney Productions". Plush / stuffed animals made during the 80's & 90's tend not to have much resale potential, but may return in popularity as that generation's children try to recover the toys of their youth.

We're not aware of a specific web site or book that details stuffed animals from this era. You might want to watch Tomart's Disneyana Magazine that is produced every 2 months. It sells at most major book stores, and can be an excellent resource. (visit www.tomart.com)

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 103 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I believe we have some "rare" Disney figures because I’ve been unable to find other examples of them online. Through the 80's and early 90's, while our children were young, we visited Disneyland and Disney World several times. All of the following was purchased at Disney World.

ANSWER:
While the items you mention in post #99 are very nice, it may be a bit too soon for them to have appreciated greatly. The modern Disney Company has produced such a glut of merchandise that the sheer volume of very nice collectibles (including high-end merchandise and even original Disney art) has overwhelmed the resale market, except for very unique items.

You might visit www.disneyanaexchange.com

They have an extremely wide variety of porcelain and ceramic Disney figurines from all eras, and they'll be likely to have at least one of your items so you can make a good comparison of current values.

Good luck!
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 104 of 1,793
latest reply

webbuying
Enthusiast
Hello. I need help iding this mug. I believe it is from Babes in Toyland but I'm not sure. It is hard plastic and has a 4 and 1 on the bottom. Thanks for your help.

http://home.comcast.net/~shaig2/soldier1.JPG
Message 105 of 1,793
latest reply