cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

chevycruiser67
Enthusiast
Top of the day to you all, I have, what is turning out to be a rather rare item as i can find nobody with any info on it. What it is,is, a plaque that commorates the inaugural flight of space mountain at d-land 1977 as an official astronaut.it's about 8 3/4" x 12" made of wood and covered with an allmost aqua colored metal and features an image of a few of the cars from the ride. Also. at the bottom...ish is a raised plastic image of the outside of the ride. So got any clues or thoughts on this matter?? You would be the first. please, if you would reply with anything that would be GREAT! thanks, chevycruiser67
Message 46 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Top of the day to you all, I have, what is turning out to be a rather rare item as i can find nobody with any info on it. What it is,is, a plaque that commorates the inaugural flight of space mountain at d-land 1977 as an official astronaut.it's about 8 3/4" x 12" made of wood and covered with an allmost aqua colored metal and features an image of a few of the cars from the ride. Also. at the bottom...ish is a raised plastic image of the outside of the ride. So got any clues or thoughts on this matter?? You would be the first. please, if you would reply with anything that would be GREAT!

ANSWER:
This plaque is an authentic piece of Disneyland memorabilia from the opening of Space Mountain. Though it is a very desirable piece, it is not really "rare."

It was given to VIP's and special guests who rode the attraction during the premiere, and Disneyland Group Services was known to provide the plaque to some of their clients at the time.

It used to sell for $200+ at Disneyana shows, but in recent years has been available on eBay for $50 - $100. It's definately a piece worth having in your vintage Disneyland collection!

Best regards,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 47 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi, I'm wondering what the approximate value of this children's table set is. It is dated 1977 Walt Disney Productions. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy & Donald are on the table. Mickey is on each of the chairs. The set is in great shape, there is one 2" crack at the corner of one of the chair seats.

ANSWER:
While this set is not very common today (many were destroyed or broken as children played!), it does not yet hold significant value on the secondary market.

The table and chairs pictured would likely sell today for $25 - $50 in mint condition. The crack in one of the chairs would bring down the price somewhat.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 48 of 1,793
latest reply

emagma
Enthusiast
QUESTION: I have up for auction.... Lady and the TRamp puppets with rubber heads. Not sure if I have too much, not enough, just right on them. Auction number 3185593560.
THanks for your help!
Message 49 of 1,793
latest reply

giznoid
Enthusiast
Hey Dave, since you dont seem to mind answering these questions I'll throw another at you. I have a program from the world premiere of Song Of The South. It has a glossy color cover depicting a scene of people on a plantation porch. There is an open book with the words, Walt Disney presents an epochal event in screen history...Song Of The South...His first live action feature...a great musical drama in technicolor including animated tales of Uncle Remus. On the bottom there is a small cartoon of the animated critters with the words...World Premiere, November 12, 1946 Atlanta, Georgia. It is 9-1/2"x13" Inside are ads from all over Atlanta, and of course, stories about Disney,the actors, Joel Chandler Harris,etc. The back has a color ad from Coca Cola.The inner booklet is smaller than the cover. It has some wrinkles and dings, but is otherwise in great condition. I have never been able to dig up any info on this. I picked it up on e-bay a few years back for around 100 dollars. I would bet the farm that it is worth more than that. Any ideas Dave? Thanks...Jeff
Message 50 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a program from the world premiere of Song Of The South. It has a glossy color cover depicting a scene of people on a plantation porch. There is an open book with the words, Walt Disney presents an epochal event in screen history...Song Of The South...His first live action feature...a great musical drama in technicolor including animated tales of Uncle Remus. On the bottom there is a small cartoon of the animated critters with the words...World Premiere, November 12, 1946 Atlanta, Georgia. It is 9-1/2"x13" Inside are ads from all over Atlanta, and of course, stories about Disney,the actors, Joel Chandler Harris,etc. The back has a color ad from Coca Cola.The inner booklet is smaller than the cover. It has some wrinkles and dings, but is otherwise in great condition. I have never been able to dig up any info on this. I picked it up on e-bay a few years back for around 100 dollars. I would bet the farm that it is worth more than that. Any ideas?

ANSWER:
Ahhhh... "Song of the South." While one would expect this film to slip quietly into oblivion due to the Disney Company's moritorium on it, those who appreciate significant achievement on film over the past century are keeping the film's future alive.

Certainly, this program ranks high among those programs with future appreciation in the collector's market. More importantly though, is the program's historical significance. The program for "Gone With the Wind" seems to overshadow this program among collectors, but SOTS programs are much more scarce.

$100 seems like to be on the high end of current eBay values for this item, but the future is bright. If/when the film is ever re-released (hopefully uncensored), this item could one day bring $500 or more in the right market. It's a wonderful item, and certainly worthy of the finest Disneyana collections.

Sincerely,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 51 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have up for auction.... Lady and the TRamp puppets with rubber heads. Not sure if I have too much, not enough, just right on them. Auction number 3185593560.

ANSWER:
That's a fantastic pair of vintage Lady & The Tramp puppets. While your starting price is realistic, we find that customers prefer not to see a "reserve" on any item. We have found that they would rather see a higher starting value than to wonder if their bid will meet the reserve. It tends to cause people to avoid auctions, rather than to provide an incentive for them to buy. Reserves are effective in protecting the seller, but are often discouraging to the buyer. Best of luck to you though... Lady & Tramp puppets of this vintage are getting tough to find! Hope your auction goes well...

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 52 of 1,793
latest reply

mikenpeach
Enthusiast
I purchased 3 Walt Disney Cells at an Estate Sale last week, I know nothing about them, but thought that it was a good deal. Is there a place on the web that I can get information about vintage cells? Each cell is matted in a cream color and on the back of each one is a gold label that says This is an Original Celluloid drawing actually used in a walt disney production, copyright walt disney productions. then is is stamped in black ink: this souvenir is from the art conner at disneyland 1313 harbor blvd. Anaheim, california.
I do not know the value of cells and I am trying to get some information on them. I purchased a Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and J. Cricket, which seems to be the oldest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
Message 53 of 1,793
latest reply

mikenpeach
Enthusiast
I would be willing to send you a picture of the cells in question
Message 54 of 1,793
latest reply

donnagail52
Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I have a question about a Winnie the Pooh Jack in the Box. I have seen other Pooh Jack in the Boxes on ebay but I haven't seen this particular one offered for auction as of yet. I don't even know if it's a Walt Disney Jack in the Box but if you could look at it for me and provide any information as to age and value, I'd greatly appreciate it. I posted a request for an ID in other categories on these message boards but you seem to be very knowledgeable about this sort of thing so I'd appreciate your opinion.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4067275&uid=2077070&members=1

I think it's very nice of you to help others learn about their collectibles.

Donna
Message 55 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I purchased 3 Walt Disney Cells at an Estate Sale last week, I know nothing about them, but thought that it was a good deal. Is there a place on the web that I can get information about vintage cells? Each cell is matted in a cream color and on the back of each one is a gold label that says This is an Original Celluloid drawing actually used in a walt disney production, copyright walt disney productions. then is is stamped in black ink: this souvenir is from the art conner at disneyland 1313 harbor blvd. Anaheim, california.
I do not know the value of cells and I am trying to get some information on them. I purchased a Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and J. Cricket, which seems to be the oldest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

ANSWER:
You have certainly found some authentic cels from the Walt Disney Studio in Burbank; likely circa 1950's. These were sold at Disneyland's Art Corner (Tomorrowland; Main Street USA) during the 50's and 60's. They are likely from Disney animated shorts of that era; with Jiminy Cricket being the most popular. It's likely that they'll sell for $350 - $650 on eBay, although galleries tend to charge quite a bit more for them. They're a wonderful find!

Congratulations,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 56 of 1,793
latest reply

Re: Animation Research

In relation to our previous message, we neglected to mention an excellent source for learning about Disney animation history.

www.srlabs.com

This company is known for restoring animated cels, and often sells them through their auctions. While we can't speak as to the authenticity of the items offered at their site, we can say that they have done an outstanding job of helping people to learn about the art of animation.

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 57 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
have a question about a Winnie the Pooh Jack in the Box. I have seen other Pooh Jack in the Boxes on ebay but I haven't seen this particular one offered for auction as of yet. I don't even know if it's a Walt Disney Jack in the Box but if you could look at it for me and provide any information as to age and value, I'd greatly appreciate it. I posted a request for an ID in other categories on these message boards but you seem to be very knowledgeable about this sort of thing so I'd appreciate your opinion.

ANSWER:
What a wonderful find! While this might not seem like such a rarity, the condition is fantastic. This will be a collectible that is valued long into the future; and one that is sought after by every Pooh collector. Congratulations!

While the current values tend to vary widely for this Carnival jack-in-the-box of Winnie the Pooh, based on condition we wouldn't sell it today for less than $250. It has a great upside potential. Don't let anyone try to steal it from you... it's very hard to find, and worth every penny! (and more!!)

Best,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com

ps. don't fix the paint on his nose!
Message 58 of 1,793
latest reply

Dave, thank you so much for all this information, I love reading about the history of souvenirs (I have a weakness for Disney AND souvenirs in particular). I came here looking for the copyright dates information, as to what name it is printed under for what dates, and found what I was looking for immediately. I will continue checking back and hope that you are planning to go to eBay live in New Orleans this year!

Diane
Message 59 of 1,793
latest reply

donnagail52
Enthusiast
Dear Dave,

Thanks so much for your assessment of my Pooh Jack in the Box. I was hoping you could identify it. I was lucky enough to purchase it in an antiques and collectibles type of store for $35.00 and am very pleased that it could have the kind of value you have estimated. And, yes, the exterior is in very good condition and I promise not to touch his nose! The music mechanism is a little off, it doesn't seem to be playing a recognizable tune and Pooh pops up rather quickly but I have no way of knowing if this could be repaired or not. It doesn't have any markings that I could see except for a number on the bottom so that's why I wasn't sure whether it was a DISNEY sponsored item. The graphics look like Disney but I can't find any Disney info on it. Thanks again, Dave for the information.

Donna
Message 60 of 1,793
latest reply