cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

mc*mama
Enthusiast
Hi There
Found this older Dumbo
How old do you think he may be? I was thinking 70's but by the tag trademark - someone pointed out it would be much later - more like 90's
I would just like to know anything you have to share
and of course if he has any resale value

he is about 2 feet tall and quite solid & heavy 3-4 lbs anyway

has a real cotton twill collar with embroidery and the eyes are on top of the fabric with little felt lashes in really great condition - just needs a light cleaning

Any and ALL of your expertise is appreciated!
TIA
Dana

Message 436 of 1,793
latest reply

redcesare
Enthusiast
I have an original watercolor of an Bambi picture signed by Walt Disney in the middle 1940th. The watercolor is about 7x9 inches. I like to know the value and I am interested in selling it. franksabine@aol.com
Thank you, Frank
Message 437 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Found this older Dumbo. How old do you think he may be? I was thinking 70's but by the tag trademark - someone pointed out it would be much later - more like 90's. I would just like to know anything you have to share and of course if he has any resale value

ANSWER:
This item has little resale value; as is true with most plush animals. It was sold in the late 1980's or early 1990's at Disneyland and WDW.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 438 of 1,793
latest reply

redcesare
Enthusiast
Dear Saturdaystoys. I am Frank Bushell with the “Bambi” picture signed by Walt Disney. I received your e-mail through e-bay, but was not able to reply through e-bay because we are new members. Here is our correct e-mail franksabina@aol.com. ( mixed up the a with the e at sabina) I also did not know how to attach the image in the e-bay reply box. I scanned the “Bambi” picture and can send you a 50K jpeg file. Thank you, Frank Bushell
Message 439 of 1,793
latest reply

So even Saturdaystoys hasnt seen these ornaments 😞 ?

Guess Im REALLY outa luck Take a walk on the Darkside...
Message 440 of 1,793
latest reply

bingosugar
Enthusiast
Hi, I could use your help...I know you prefer vintage Disney, but I have looked everywhere...I just got the Disney Magic Town Square PlaySet(from the mid 80s - Sears Exclusive) for my birthday. I have seen these all over Ebay lately, and had to have one. Well MOM came through, she picked up the set plus all 11 accessory sets. Every set including the main one is still sealed in package with very minimal wear. This set is so cool I don't want to play with it now, I wanted a trashed one I could have fun with. Anyhow, I cannot find values anywhere, and I have gone through every Disney Guide in the county. I wanted to know if the set had a greater value as it is complete and NIB. I was going to list it on Ebay and use the money to get a junk one -- but if it has a decent value then I would either reserve it or just keep it. I don't want to part with it for low dollar when I could have gotten much more in a different venue. Thanks for any help or guidance you can offer.
Message 441 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have looked everywhere...I just got the Disney Magic Town Square PlaySet(from the mid 80s - Sears Exclusive) for my birthday.

ANSWER:
The full set brings no special premium in regard to price; though Mint in Mint Box is always preferred. Typically, the Town square pieces are the most popular (Fire Station w/ Walt's apartment above it). The set really doesn't have a great likeness, and the most popular set is the amazing recreation of Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A. collection currently being sold by Olszewski.

The prices for the Sears set is all over the map; and the prices are bouncing up & down... $25 or more per piece, but usually not much more than that... although sometimes bidders drive the price up for an auction now & then.

But selling such a thoughtfully chosen gift from your mother? Think twice before you make a final decision on that...

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 442 of 1,793
latest reply

supersquiggy
Enthusiast
Walt Disney was a wanna be. CARL BARKS and Al TALLIAFERRO are the real heros. so it is!
Message 443 of 1,793
latest reply

I purchased a approximaely 5 inch tall Pooh sugar bowl or honey pot I is marked with Walt Diseny Productions on the bottom and is quite a plump little bear in this pottery. It has very pronounced eye brows and a fire truck red shirt and sunfower yellow everywhere else. I shaped like the bear no a cylinder or bowl shape. I has a "V" shaped notch in the top part for a spoon or something else. the only downside to the piece are two tiny superficial chips in ear no more than 1-2mm accross each. Not knowing much about disney stuff as a complete quess i would put the age at early 60's to early 70's. I tried looking at the web and ebay past a present sales and found no matches to it. Thanks for any help.
Message 444 of 1,793
latest reply

jkehew
Enthusiast
hi Dave,
It has been a real pleasure reading all this board about the neat Disney items we've all collected over the years!

Here's mine: As a child I received, (and wore!) an adorable swiss made Minnie Mouse watch w/pink leather wristband. It was produced by Bradley Time, A Division of Elgin Natl Ind. Inc. and the face has Minnie wearing a purple dress w/yellow polka dots, yellow hair bow, orange shoes and gloves. I still have it in it's roomy pink plastic storage case. Inside the lid there is a piece of cardboard that says "Minnie Mouse wrist watch" "Product of Bradley Time", copyright "Walt Disney Productions" and a Minnie w/green skirt and green shoes. The back has a guarantee and where to send for repairs (9 W 24th St., NY, NY).

I think I got it in the early 70's. Does that sound right to you? Has it appreciated significantly?

I have a son right now, but if I have a daughter someday it might be fun to pass it on to her! Thank you very much for any info you might have on this watch.
Message 445 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
As a child I received, (and wore!) an adorable swiss made Minnie Mouse watch w/pink leather wristband. It was produced by Bradley Time, A Division of Elgin Natl Ind. Inc. and the face has Minnie wearing a purple dress w/yellow polka dots, yellow hair bow, orange shoes and gloves. I still have it in it's roomy pink plastic storage case.

I think I got it in the early 70's. Does that sound right to you? Has it appreciated significantly?

ANSWER:
Bradley (Elgin) held a Disney license from 1972 - 1985. This period saw a tremendous resurgence of popularity in Disney watches, including the Minnie Mouse watch you have. Though the watches are not in great demand today, they remain sentimental favorites among kids of the 1970's, and typically sell for $35 or more. Usually, the most popular watches are valued today for their unique display boxes, including special ceramic figurines of the characters.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 446 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi Dave, Here is a 1932 Mickey Mouse cloth that is to be made into a pillow, side measures 16 and a half, by three feet long. It is suppose to be embroidery, then filld with pillow stuffing. Is this worth anything? Thank You,

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Message 447 of 1,793
latest reply

Another picture.

Message 448 of 1,793
latest reply

tspl-04
Enthusiast
Hello Dave,I would like to know if you could help me id.my disney piece?The name of the piece,age & value.I don't have the box.Thank you :-). .The bottom reads Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM "BIG DIG IN THE BONEYARD"
Message 449 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Here is a 1932 Mickey Mouse cloth that is to be made into a pillow, side measures 16 and a half, by three feet long. It is suppose to be embroidery, then filld with pillow stuffing. Is this worth anything?

ANSWER: The Vogue Needlecraft Co. was only licensed to manufacture Disney merchandise in 1931 and 1932. Surviving needlepoint from their company is quite rare indeed. It's very difficult to estimate value on this piece, as it is not commonly sold; nor is it very popular today. Even so, it's a scarce Disney item. We'd estimate value at $25 - $50; and it has the potential to bring quite a bit more if there are competitive bidders.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 450 of 1,793
latest reply