eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

saturdaystoys
Community Member

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

in reply to saturdaystoys
QUESTION:
Hello everyone. I am actually not a Disney collector or anything, but I do have a Disney duck I am curious about. He's holding a blue plastic gun, wearing a green felt shirt, and has a bandana wrapped around his head with a nautical theme on it. There is a tag attached that says "Licenza Walt Disney Lars Schio Italy" all on one side, and on the other side it says "Art" under which there appears to have once been a sticker, followed by a number 8212/27 it looks like, and underneath that there is a scripted letter L.

ANSWER:
We're not familiar with this; but we'd guess that it's from one of the international Disney theme parks; possibly EuroDisney or Tokyo Disneyland. It was unlikely sold in the USA. Sorry, but we can't estimate value on this one; but we wouldn't think it's worth a great deal.
Please use plain text.
m-marie
Community Member

Sorry, copied the wrong thing for the picture:

Please use plain text.
m-marie
Community Member

Hello everyone. I am actually not a Disney collector or anything, but I do have a Disney duck I am curious about. He's holding a blue plastic gun, wearing a green felt shirt, and has a bandana wrapped around his head with a nautical theme on it. There is a tag attached that says "Licenza Walt Disney Lars Schio Italy" all on one side, and on the other side it says "Art" under which there appears to have once been a sticker, followed by a number 8212/27 it looks like, and underneath that there is a scripted letter L.

Just curious as to who this duck is, how old it is, and whatever other info anyone might have. Thank you!

Hopefully this picture will work:

Please use plain text.
saturdaystoys
Community Member

QUESTION:
I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the value of a Disney (Gund) Danny the black lamb purse? I was told it was purchased the first year Disneyland opened and is a character from the movie (So Dear To My Heart).

ANSWER:
Unfortunately, the Disney Studio has all but abandoned the promotion of this wonderful Disney gem. The characters are largely forgotten now, dramatically reducing their potential resale value. Even so, we'd estimate this piece as selling on eBay for approx. $25 - $50; possibly more on a good day.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi,

I have a Donald Duck Blackboard it has numbers and letters around the edge in red and donald duck in different posses on the sides in white it has c in a circle with wdp underneath it. I have looked in any antique or vintage toy books I can find and looked on the internet but I havent found one just like this.

Can you help? Thank you
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the value of a Disney (Gund) Danny the black lamb purse? I was told it was purchased the first year Disneyland opened and is a character from the movie (So Dear To My Heart).
Please use plain text.
saturdaystoys
Community Member

QUESTION:
Thank You so much for your information on the signed Pinocchio book. I have had it for a long time. I have another question for you. Where would be the best place for me to try to sell it to get that kind of money for it?

ANSWER:
Keep in mind that it must be authenticated first. There are so many mistaken Disney signatures on eBay that we can't advise enough caution. The eBay market is soft for most Disneyana right now... The glut of merchandise from Disneyland's 50th Anniversary has left most collectors with a deluge of unused collectibles. However, the vintage collectibles do retain the highest percentage of their potential value. You can try eBay at a fixed price... or any of the major auction houses (at 35% commission or more!) would be interested in your item. A nice Disney piece in any auction is a prize! It's unlikely that you'll find any sellers paying those prices though unles they happen to be searching for that particular piece. Expect dealers to offer 35% - 50% of retail prices...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thank You so much for your information on the signed Pinocchio book. I have had it for a long time. I have another question for you. Where would be the best place for me to try to sell it to get that kind of money for it?
Please use plain text.
saturdaystoys
Community Member

QUESTION:
I am trying to find out what the value of a 1939 Walt Disney's Version of PINOCCHIO Hardbook would be. It was also signed by Walt Disney. The book is in very good condition. Hope someone can give me an idea. Thanks!!

ANSWER:
The book would normally sell for $25 - $75; but with Walt's signature authenticated, it would sell for $1,500 - $2,500; possibly more if other animators had also signed in 1939 / 1940 as well.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am trying to find out what the value of a 1939 Walt Disney's Version of PINOCCHIO Hardbook would be. It was also signed by Walt Disney. The book is in very good condition. Hope someone can give me an idea. Thanks!!
Please use plain text.
estates-r-us
Community Member

Thanks so much for your information! I don't have possession of the Small World Figures yet, so couldn't post a photo.
The owner was pretty excited when I told her I would sell them on ebay. Her neighbor had offered her $20 for all twelve. This will be a real help to her. Your knowledge is amazing!
Please use plain text.
saturdaystoys
Community Member

QUESTION:
I have had this figurine since the 60's and think it could be Disney since I visited Disneyland often as a child. There are no markings of any kind that I can find. It stands about 2 1/2" tall.

ANSWER:
There is a faint resemblence to the squirrels in Disney's animated feature, Sleeping Beauty. It's a possibility that it came from Disneyland during that period. We aren't familiar with the maker, but will post more information should we come across any definitive reference.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Please use plain text.
saturdaystoys
Community Member

QUESTION:
I just won this vintage Disneyland Hotel Bank. I was wondering if you could tell me approximately when it was made and any other information you may have.

ANSWER:
This would likely have been created when the Sierra Tower (originally known as the "Tower Building") was added in 1962. It was a standard souvenir issue; not produced by a major ceramics manufacturer.
Please use plain text.
saturdaystoys
Community Member

QUESTION:
Hi, I'm wondering about a set of twelve 'It's A Small World' small porcelain doll figurines - each depicts a child from a different nation. Each is MIB marked Disney 1964.

ANSWER:
It's always difficult to confirm without a photo, but this sounds like the ceramic bisque figurines produced by Goebel for Disney. They were boxed; with hang-tags; released during the 1964 New York World's Fair. We've seen them sell for $25 - $75 each... depending upon demand at the time of eBay auction.

Good luck!
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi Dave-

I just won this vintage Disneyland Hotel Bank. I was wondering if you could tell me approximately when it was made and any other information you may have.

Thanks in advance! Nicole

Auction 270094699721

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270094699721&rd=1&rd=1
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have had this figurine since the 60's and think it could be Disney since I visited Disneyland often as a child. There are no markings of any kind that I can find. It stands about 2 1/2" tall.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
estates-r-us
Community Member

Hi, I'm wondering about a set of twelve 'It's A Small World' small porcelain doll figurines - each depicts a child from a different nation. Each is MIB marked Disney 1964.

The owner bought them in Disneyland in the 60's. She is going to a care center & maybe selling them to a neighbor CHEAP.

I have sold dolls for her on ebay, and have been trying to research the set without success. Any help would be appreciated! Jeanine
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thank you so much!
Please use plain text.
saturdaystoys
Community Member

QUESTION:
I was wondering if you could help me. I found this older stuffed Pluto today. His tag says:
PLUTO
PRODUCT OF KOREA (14)--14 is in a circle--
CONTENTS: SHREDDED CLIPPINGS
(c)WALT DISNEY PRODS

I was just wondering what year he could be from and what he is worth.

ANSWER:
We'd assume it's from the late 70's / early 80's. Earlier ones from Disneyland usually had a tag from California Stuffed Toys in Los Angeles. We'd estimate $10 - $20... as there were so many produced and many are still available today.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I was wondering if you could help me. I found this older stuffed Pluto today. His tag says:
PLUTO
PRODUCT OF KOREA (14)--14 is in a circle--
CONTENTS: SHREDDED CLIPPINGS
(c)WALT DISNEY PRODS

I was just wondering what year he could be from and what he is worth. Thank you so much!!

~Nikki~
Please use plain text.