cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

rhythmdancemom
Enthusiast
Wow! I was cleaning out my grown son's closet and found an old metal and plastic Mickey Mouse Club pinball type game. It is approx. 15 inches tall, 10 inches wide and is marked "copyright Walt Disney Productions" "Wolverine Toy".
You pull the red lever back and shoot the balls up to the top past images of Mickey in a balloon, Goofy, Minnie and Pluto.
Do you have any suggestion about it's age or how to title it should we decide to list it? I believe it may have come from one of our parents who saved it from our childhood to give to the children but my son has no interest in keeping it since he's on his own and has limited space, the teen doesn't want it either and it's probably not a good thing to let the three year old play with although I bet SHE'D love it...
Message 16 of 1,793
latest reply

You will be able to view this item currently selling on eBay, as follows:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3178974982&category=2533

The Mickey Mouse Club pinball game is fairly common; as it was widely distributed during the 1960's and 1970's. We've seen them sell on eBay in the $10 - $25 price range on a fairly consistent basis.

Hope that's helpful...

Dave

Message 17 of 1,793
latest reply

rhythmdancemom
Enthusiast
That's it! I was searching under Mickey Mouse Wolverine Toy. Another senior moment I suppose. I must need a bit more pixie dust in the air around here.
Don't know why I didn't think of searching for Mickey Mouse Club items.
Knowing it's not especially collectible makes me feel better about letting the preschooler play with it now.
Thanks so much.
Message 18 of 1,793
latest reply

giznoid
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I think I have a question that you will enjoy. What I have is a small booklet from the Disney studios titled Dispatch From Disney's, that was sent to employees who were stationed overseas during world war two. The cover shows Donald Duck throwing a tomato into Hitler's eye. It is a first edition, and I believe was the only edition ever sent out. There is also a foldout in the center that shows nude and semi nude girls as drawn by some of the Disney artists, and on the back is a list of all the guys serving overseas, including Hank Ketcham. The book is in great shape and has some fantastic articles pertaining to the valiant struggles of world war two. Any ideas on value? I am sure it is quite rare. Thanks in advance...Jeff P.S. I have other things to ask you about, if you dont mind
Message 19 of 1,793
latest reply

Jeff,

Yes, your "Dispatch from Disney" item is a very scarce item. It's a wonderful reminder of the commitment that Walt Disney and his studio made in supporting both the war effort and their employees who were serving overseas.

We have seen copies of this publication sell for $100 - $500. It usually just depends on the available buyers / bidders at the time of the auction. An eBay auction would likely sell in the $100 - $250 range; while an in-person auction (Disneyana Convention; Sotheby's; Christie's; etc.) could hit $500+.

In our opinion... it's worth holding on to! Pieces like this don't come around every day!

Best wishes,
Dave

Message 20 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Greetings,
I have a Disneyland related question.
I have two black and white Disneyland postcards that appear to be from the early 50's. One is of "Jungle Boat" and the other is "Rocket To The Moon". Both are unmailed and in amazing original condition. Would you happen to know the value of these cards?
(an eBay bidder)

ANSWER:
These are quite valuable cards. There were a couple that sold on eBay two weeks ago for approx. $150 - $200 each. If they're the ones I'm thinking of, they have an edge similar to an old 50's photograph; and were made in Germany.

The condition of the cards really does matter; ie. clean backs, no creases, no glue, etc.

Also, the Adventureland card is one of the least popular; while the Rocket to the Moon is one of the most popular.

Our recommendation is to stay the course... let the auction run a full 10 days... They're wonderful items...

Good luck,
Dave

ps. These are special enough that you might just want to hang on to them & offer them later when Disneyland's 50th Anniversary publicity blitz begins (July 17, 2005). great fun...

Message 21 of 1,793
latest reply

p38_charlie
Enthusiast
Hi: I have a Donald duck it is made of rubber and plastic material. c Walt Disney Productions, R. Oakn & Company, Product Hong Kong on the foot, he has no cloth on him just a blue hat can you tell me how old he is?

Thanks
Message 22 of 1,793
latest reply

yvonne*bob
Scout
I have a vintage children's stool the seat looks very much like #9's post and has black wooden legs, can't find it in any Disney collectable books. It's in MINT condition, just wondering the age and maybe price range for an item like this?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 23 of 1,793
latest reply

The Mickey Mouse Club footstool that is mentioned typically sells on eBay for $25 - $50. It was actually reproduced in the 1960's / 70's, but is a wonderful likeness of the original MMC logo. There is usually at least one offered for sale on eBay. Watch & see how they're doing. Hopefully, it'll increase in value. It's a great piece!

Dave

Message 24 of 1,793
latest reply

The Donald Duck toy is actually by R. Dakin of San Francisco. It was manufactured in Hong Kong; likely in the 1970's.

It commonly sells on eBay for $10 or less. Still, it's an affordable entry-level collectible for those who are new to Disneyana.

Thanks for asking,
Dave

Message 25 of 1,793
latest reply

giznoid
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, another one of my treasures is an old sled made by the S.L. Allen co. It is a Mickey Mouse no.80. The top has a decal of Mickey and Minnie sledding in the snow, and the steering handle has Mickey Mouse in red lettering. It is structurally sound. The wood and all the decals are in great shape. The runners are a little rusty, but really just add to the old look of the sled. It really is a lovely old piece. I guess my question would be about rarity and value, but anything else would be great. Thanks...Jeff
Message 26 of 1,793
latest reply

The S.L. Allen Company of Philadelphia, PA made these Mickey Mouse sleds between 1935 and 1940.

It is a wonderful display piece, although sadly the size keeps many of the surviving sleds tucked away in a garage or attic.

The price of these sleds varies wildly, depending upon condition of the decals, and upon local demand. The bulk of their size also limits the number of collectors seeking this type of piece.

Placing a value here really depends upon the number of interested buyers who are available at the point of sale. The sleds can reasonably bring $250 - $750; depending on condition and circumstances.

Personally, we feel like it's a collectible that all fans of vintage Mickey will appreciate seeing. Find a good place to display it, and wait to sell it until the Antique Roadshow announces that it's reached $2,500++ in value!

Best wishes,
Dave

Message 27 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:

Dear Dave,

I am interested in purchasing or bidding on a Disney postcard folder produced in 1961 entitled "Adventureland" which consisted of real photos and arranged in accordian style. The folder should be in near mint condition or better and be postally unused. Also, do you know if a similar postcard folder was produced in the same year (1961) for the theme park attraction known as "Main Street?"

ANSWER:
Though we don't have one of the Adventureland postcard foldouts that you mention, they pop up often on eBay, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding one at a very reasonable price.

We've never seen one of the "Main Street" postcard foldouts. Personally, I doubt that one was ever marketed. I know that ViewMaster had a few sets of Main Street reels, but most Main Street images sold at Disneyland were on single postcards.

Dave

Message 28 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
We are moving and in our cleaning found an old ceramic Mickey Mouse figurine, maybe from the '40's. He is about 3" tall and holding a "golden" horn in front of him. He has wear. We don't know whether to give to the grandchildren to play with or not. Does it have value?
Thanks, Sue

ANSWER:
These are likely the porcelain bisque figurines that were manufactured by George Borgfeldt Co.; circa 1931 - 1941.

Mint condition figurines from this era, though very difficult to find, can often require a premium of $100 or more.

Keep in mind that Disney recreated these figurines in the early 90's; and they were widely sold at the Disney theme parks. The pieces were almost identical to the originals; and were sold at clearance for only $5.00 approx. 5 years ago. Watch out for these reproductions! They're nice... but not truly vintage.

Thanks much,
Dave

Message 29 of 1,793
latest reply

april8506
Enthusiast
Hi- I wrote in another topic, but I think this one better suites my questions. I was recently given a Snow White and Seven Dwarf's metal ironing board. It has some markings. Made in 1926 by Wolverine. I was wondering if this is a rare piece and how much it is worth. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

my email is aprilkebberly@yahoo.com

Thank you, April
Message 30 of 1,793
latest reply