cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

pooh_bear00
Enthusiast
Hello:
Could you give me the names of these seven dwarfs. Are these worth anything?
They are made by MATTEL No. 5184

Thank you!

poohbear 🙂
Message 136 of 1,793
latest reply

usarmybratz
Enthusiast
Hi, I found this cute ceramic Bambi head wall hanging today and can't find another one like it on Ebay. It has some crazing and is stamped Walt Disney productions on the back along with some other words I can't make out. The elderly lady who sold it to me stated she has had it since her kids were babies, I'm guessing it is at least 40 years old. Just wondering if anyone has any info about this Bambi?? Thanks!!! (Hoping my picture shows up!!)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 137 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I recently ran across a plush horse, looks like a clydesdale to me. I'm wondering who he is, tag says Walt Disney Company Sri Lanka. Also, I asked this earlier, I have a Peter Pan figurine that says in the bottom 1972, Hilton-Chicago, 60643 2113-950, Made in Hong Kong. I just thought it was odd that it said Hilton-Chicago. Could this be a convention piece? Thanks.

ANSWER:
I'd need to see a picture to be sure, but it's likely that the horse you saw is the one from MULAN. It was one of the most beautiful plush animals that Disney produced, and is very well designed piece.

As far as the Peter Pan figurine, I am not really sure about that. If I find any other information, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 138 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Could you give me the names of these seven dwarfs. Are these worth anything?
They are made by MATTEL No. 5184

ANSWER:
Though the characters aren't well defined on the top row, here are the names: Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Grumpy.

In our experience, Dopey is always the most popular, followed by Doc (people love giving "Doc" to doctors and PHD graduates).

This set isn't very old, and would likely sell for $10-20 for the set.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 139 of 1,793
latest reply

jarannika
Enthusiast
Hi...

just started a new thread on Snow White and 7 Dwarfs figures, but am thinking I should have posted it here for Dave's help.
Is it okay to re-copy it here?
Message 140 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Just came from a neighborhood sale where there was a rubber snow white and at least 15 rubber dwarfs, some of them with squeakers, but I don't think all... some just rubber figures I think...didn't look over all.

The copyright on some was just Disney (Made in China)
and on some others Walt Disney Productions (Made in Hong Kong).

They were about 5 " high - just guestimating... Snow White was sitting on something.. don't remember what. A couple of the dwarfs were real small.

Know this is sketchy, but didn't want to draw too much attention to them. Is there money to be made if I got them all for 27.50?

ANSWER: The older (Walt Disney Productions) squeakers may be the most desirable. I would be surprised if these bring $5 to $10 each; while the newer ones might only bring $3 to $5.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
auctions@SaturdaysToys.com
Message 141 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a Donald Duck figurine, circa, 1930's... he is about two and half inches tall and is holding a horn, and he has the long bill like the cartoons had when Donald was first introduced. He is marked across his behind with Walt. Disney, it says nothing of Japan. I only saw him in a book once years ago, and it said that he was worth $150.00. Do you have any reccomendations as to it's price?

Also, I have a factory sealed box of Disney Collector Cards, 15 cards per pack, no idea how many packs are in box. The cover of the box has three types of cards, they are 'Family Portraits', 'World Tour', and 'Favorite Stories'. They were made by the Walt Disney Company and printed in the USA. Produced and distributed by: Impel Marketing Inc. Research Triangle Park, NC. If I opened the box I am sure that I would be able to find when they were made, but then I loose value, don't I? What do you suggest? Any clue as to how much I should ask for them?

ANSWER:
As far as the Donald figurine, it's hard to say without looking at a photo of the piece. My guess is that it's a Borgfeldt ceramic bisque, but can't be sure at this point. Keep in mind that the Disney Company made reproductions of several early bisques just a few years ago; and sold them at deep discount at Disneyland Hotel ($5.00). It can be tough to tell the different... You'll want to show yours to an experienced collector of vintage figurines. Watch for a top quality antiques fair or show to come to your area, and take it with you. They often have free appraisals there!

As far as the series of cards, they proved not to be very popular. Last year's series of trading cards are wonderful quality; and are still not as popular as one would have guessed. Your cards have some wonderful images on them; and yet are not very valuable. Often they sell for .25 to $1 per pack. There isn't much of a premium for a sealed box of these cards. It's simply too soon for them to be considered rare. There is a nice image of Mickey Mouse on the Russia card; before the Soviet Union fell. It's a nice collector's piece from the end of an era!

Best to you,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 142 of 1,793
latest reply

aslave45
Enthusiast
Hello Dave, I have a Minnie Mouse doll that I can't find out anything about. She is I guess a shelf sitter. Her head, hands, and shoes are plastic or rubber, and she has a plush body. She has on a red and white polka dot one-piece dress and white underpants, which are sewn right onto the body. Her shoes are yellow with red bows. She is 6 inches tall in the seated position from her bottom to the top of her head. She has a blue Applause plastic tag and also has a Disney Playmates by Applause cardboard tag that introduces her as Minnie on the inside. She has a cloth Applause tag and a cloth Walt Disney Company Made In China tag on her bottom. There is no date on either tag, but it says she is Item 14751 Disney Playmates Minnie. Any help you can give me in dating this great doll would be appreciated. Thank you!
Message 143 of 1,793
latest reply

While this thread is intended for vintage Disneyana (thru 1966), we can say that the item questioned in Post #142 was made by Applause after 1985.

New merchandise is outside of our area of specialty, and we don't have much good news in relation to value for recent merchandise. Most Disney items produced in the past 20 years were made in such abundance, that the resale market is rather depressed when compared to original retail values. Sorry we can't be more encouraging...

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 144 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION: (Post #136)
Hi, I found this cute ceramic Bambi head wall hanging today and can't find another one like it on Ebay. It has some crazing and is stamped Walt Disney productions on the back along with some other words I can't make out. The elderly lady who sold it to me stated she has had it since her kids were babies, I'm guessing it is at least 40 years old.

ANSWER:
While we can't give you a definitive answer, this ceramic Bambi head appears very similar to those sold at the souvenir shops along Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland in the 1950's and early 60's. We can't find any record of who the manufacturer was for this piece. We'd estimate their value at approx. $25 - $50.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 145 of 1,793
latest reply

lildebbysnakncake
Enthusiast
VALUABLE OR NOT?

TAG AND BOTTOM OF FOOT READS-R DAKIN & CO.SAN FRANCISCO
WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS
PRODUCT OF HONG KONG
ALSO HAS N0. 3525(revised)
thanks ahead for any info
Message 146 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
TAG AND BOTTOM OF FOOT READS-R DAKIN & CO.SAN FRANCISCO
WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS
PRODUCT OF HONG KONG

ANSWER:
The Mickey & Minnie pieces your reference were made in 1974 - 1975 by R. Dakin. While they are not very valuable, their condition makes them very collectible for Mickey Mous collectors. We'd estimate their value at $10 - $25 each.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 147 of 1,793
latest reply

lildebbysnakncake
Enthusiast
THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE INFO!
Message 148 of 1,793
latest reply

onceuponadime
Enthusiast
Hello Dave, can you tell me anything about this vintage HAPPY Dwarf (I assume Christmas ornament)?

He is 4 inches tall; hard plastic; no moveable parts; green "flocking"(?) on body, vest-belt-hat made of felt; pipe cleaner-type beard; only 4 fingers on hands; red plastic shoes come off; both shoes imprinted on bottom with: (c)WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS and MADE IN HONG KONG. Paper strip on back of vest says HAPPY. Eye color has rubbed off.

Pictures below; thanks for your time!

Message 149 of 1,793
latest reply

onceuponadime
Enthusiast
I also have this little Mickey change/coin purse, vinyl, zipper at bottom. Back imprint (c)DISNEY and MADE IN CHINA. Approx 3-4" diameter.

Thank you!
Message 150 of 1,793
latest reply