eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

in reply to saturdaystoys

Hi, Thank you Dave for all the info. Yes the other word on the back is "Disney", sorry the pic is not more clear.

Community Member

in reply to sculpin333

This one is somewhat difficult to pinpoint...  Without an identifying mark on the reverse... it's really tough to say.  I can't see what the other text says on Mickey's ear...  the 14k is clear... but there is another word... possibly "Disney" but I can't tell.

It's possible that collector Stan Pawlowski could have created something like this... as he specialized in unique gold and silver Disney jewelry / display pieces.  It also could have been produced by Mickey & Co.... as they produced a line of 14k gold jewelry featuring Mickey.  However... the addition of the jewels, while adding value to the piece... doesn't necessarily add to the beauty... as the shape of the jewels doesn't work perfetly for eye pupils, etc.

They could also have been one-of-a-kind pieces sold in jewelry shops at a Disney theme park.

We'll see if anyone else has a match... and can provide a more specific backstory.  Sorry I couldn't help more...

Dave Mason

for SaturdaysToys.com  

Community Member

Hi, I recently aquired this 14k solid gold, diamond, ruby and sapphire Mickey Mouse pin and cannot find any info on it anywhere. Can someone please help me identify this little guy?

Mickey 3.jpg
Mickey 4.jpg
Community Member

in reply to dmsbsn

The 1986 ABC television special was actually called "Disney's Fluppy Dogs"... and this pin appears to feature "Fanci Flup."

The characer of "Fanci" didn't appear in the episode... but was likely intended for future episodes as she was featured in various products launched in association with the series.  Even so... Fanci did have the distinction of having her own "Golden Book" (from Western Publishing).

Though it aired as a pilot for the series... after ranking as the lowest network broadcast of that week... the remainder of the series was cancelled and the remaining episodes never aired. 

This was part of a group of Disney animated programs produced and directed by Fred Wolf.

As for the pin... is may qualify as the rarest of all Disney pins... though hardly anyone knows it even exists.  That reality will likely hurt the potential value of the pin... but its rarity could create some eventual demand.  Unfortunately... it does appear to have been previously damaged.  It's also possible that it was simply a prototype that was never produced.

I'd guess that you have more of a novelty... desired by few collectors... but contributing to an informative back story behind Disney's 1980's television animation attempts.

Community Member

What do you do when you can find no reference to a piece and nothing to compare it to? This is Fanci Fulp from Disney's book series associated with a Disney Thanksgiving special in 1986 called Fuppy Dogs. I can't tell if it was damaged and repaired or if it was converted from a pendant to a pin.

IMG_20160206_054356.jpg
IMG_20160206_054541.jpg
IMG_20160206_054738.jpg
Community Member

in reply to d.a.m.knick-knacks

The most thorough listing of early Disney merchandise licensees (including city & state... and years of production... 1930 - 1984) is found in the appendix for Volume 4 of Tomart's Disneyana Catalog.  Also...  Cecil Munsey's "Disneyana" book is an excellent resource for dating early merchandise.

yell dis03.JPG
Community Member

in reply to mmjewelersknoxville

The front side of the piece does explain it!

That's the Contemporary Hotel at Walt Disney World... circa 1971.  A rather hard to find piece of jewelry!!  Congratulations...

Community Member

in reply to mmjewelersknoxville

This charm / pendant is consistent with similar jewelry previously sold at Disneyland...

I can't see the front of the piece... but I'm guessing that's a gold shamrock?  In that case... it's possible it was sold at the Jewelry Shop on Main Street sometime around the release of "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" (1959).

If it is a shamrock... it could also have been sold at a later time... as the shamrock would have been a popular item to sell in the jewelry shop... even without a connection to the film... as Disneyland had quickly become an international destination.

Finally... it's also possible that it was created for the "La Boutique d’Or" (gold) shop in New Orleans Square after it opened in 1966.  

Either way... it's a specialty item... as the 14k merchandise would have likely been behind glass in one of the shops.

Sorry I can't be more definitive... but without a manufacturer's mark... it's tough to trace.  That's what leads me to believe that it was made for Disneyland (or possibly even later a shop at Walt Disney World; circa early 1970's).    Those early shopkeepers did produce some customized jewelry in the early years... and someone obviously wanted this piece to be identified with the Disney copyright mark.

Community Member

This is the front of the pendant.

DSCN1278 (800x600).jpg
Community Member

Hello,

I am hoping to get some help identifying this pendant. It is marked Walt Disney Productions with the copyright. It has a small Pearl and Ruby as well. I have searched google and ebay and I can not find anything that resembles this. If you have any advice that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance! 

DSCN1279.JPG
Community Member

in reply to tigerkatywhit

He's either Huey, Dewey, and Louie, the nephews of Donald Duck.  Try googling their names. 

Community Member

in reply to tigerkatywhit
This piece doesn't appear to be from Fantasia... though it does have a 1940's apperance. Are there any marks or labels on the bottom of it? Possibly it's a European figurine? We'd need more information in order to assist on this one.
Community Member

in reply to mrpage0705
Unfortunately, there is no across-the-board valuation for Disney books. In general... their books have been extremely popular and therefore often in plentiful supply... holding prices down. However... there are exceptions... particularly on those books produced during Walt's lifetime (1901-1966). Those released before 1950 tend to have the strongest potential for appreciation.
Community Member

in reply to brirobbis42

Unfortunately... these serigraphs were printed in such tremendous supply in the 1980's / 1990's... that their value has fallen sharply since they were released.  While they used to sell for $250 or more...  today, the serigraph (printed) cels rarely bring more than $50 on a good day.  There are exceptions... but only the uninformed would tend to pay more for a serigraph.  Original animation art has now become the standard for most collectors.

Community Member

I have a bunch of disney books, some of them are signed. Not sure what would be a good price to sell them.

Community Member

Hi

Im after some help in working out what my walt disney fantasia figurine is. I think its from early 40's but can find very little about him or anything similar.20150409_210807.jpg

Community Member

in reply to darlinp669

IMG_20150317_220227.jpg

IMG_20150317_215818.jpg
Community Member

in reply to darlinp669

IMG_20150124_155845.jpg

Community Member

I need HELP. I found in my great grandma's hope chest these old Mickey Mouse white gloves ear muffs. She had them in a sealed bag. They have never been worn, prestine mint condition. The label is old Mickey. It says, Tokyo Disneyland.
I can not find these ear muffs anywhere. I have searched everywhere and nothing. Does anyone have any information on them at all?
Community Member

Hi I have a 1930s doll with a copyright walt disney productions faded stamp on foot. it is a mickey mouse doll. can someone tell me who may have mad e this doll thankyou