cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

I bought this at an estate sale today. I know it's rare, but don't know how rare it is. It's a proposal (by General Electric I believe) for Edison Square in Disneyland. I think it's from the 1950s, but am not 100% sure. Does anyone know how rare this book is? Also, any ideas on how to list this? Any info or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks!!

Message 1531 of 1,793
latest reply

bushkanaka
Enthusiast

I have a pair of cups:  One is a Mickey Mouse Spaceship with red lid, red handle and red fins on the base of the cup.  The other is Donald Duck's face, with a blue sailor hat lid and yellow feet/shoes for the base.  I can find no information regarding the second cup online.  I would just like to know whether they have any value.

Thanks

Message 1532 of 1,793
latest reply

jerrysafediver
Enthusiast

Dear Dave,

I have an item that I found in the attic, and cannot locate another like it anywhere on the internet, so figured I'd contact you as a last ditch effort.  It is a Walt Disney Productions Pinocchio Night light.  It is approximately 8 1/2" x 11", has a yellow plastic cover depicting Pinocchio, with a metal back that attaches with 4-screws.  It was made by Norman Industries, and uses a max 7.5 watt bulb.

This was my night light when I was a child (so is at least 45-years old).  I don't know if my mom bought this new or used...so I was hoping you might be able to give me some info on it.  When it was made, and approximate value.

Thanks!

Jerrysafediver

Message 1533 of 1,793
latest reply

jerrysafediver
Enthusiast

Sorry, forgot to attach pic.

Jerrysafediver

Message 1534 of 1,793
latest reply

ttocs12321
Enthusiast

i havent used ebay in a while, i was searching for forums or some way to figure out exactly what i have and this seems to be the best ive found. now what i have is a Donald Duck from Character Novelty Co. from searching it on google and even reverse image searching i havent been able to find one exactly like mine. close, but not exact. im guessing its from the 40s because the ones i see like it say thats when theyre from, but mine looks slightly more primitive than those. the main difference seems to be the eyes where mine has buttons instead of colored fabric. i took high quality pics of it and will attach a few.
this duck has a very long history in my family. i would be the 4th person it has been passed to. my grandmother, who is no longer with us, i remember telling me a story where she inquired about it to disney many years ago and said they actually sent someone out to her home to view it and offered her a nice chunk of change for it, claiming the disney museum doesnt even have one and they still wanted it even though the man believed it was missing its hat but wasnt sure it had one in the first place being he had never seen one quite like it. regardless, she declined and i cant recall the offer or much else, i was fairly young then and could care less about some stuffed duck haha. but now the more i try to find out the more questions i have. ill stop wasting your time with stories, hopefully you can shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance, Scott. (it would only let me attach 2 pics but i have more and can take any of a specified area if needed.)

Message 1535 of 1,793
latest reply

craigers44
Enthusiast

i have came across these two pics and have looked all over to find out what they could be worth.  the bottom says from the art corner at disneyland also has copyright stamp if someone could tell me anything that would be a big help thank you

Message 1536 of 1,793
latest reply

in the early 1960's my parents gave me a Cinderella figurine with a Timex watch, and gave my sister a Snow White figurine also with a Timex watch.  Were there any other figurine similar to these?

Message 1537 of 1,793
latest reply

I own the mirror pictured here; and have had it for about twenty years.  It says © Walt Disney Productions at the bottom.  The frame appears to be composed of Bakelite.  I've been searching online for years, but have never come across a picture of another one.  Any ideas?

Message 1538 of 1,793
latest reply

cyberhowl
Enthusiast

Hello-

I was wondering if you could provide any information on a complete 6-piece children's dinner place setting. Attached is a picture, the back of each piece reads “Sango Japan © Walt Disney Productions 1957”. Each piece is in mint condition, although there is no box for them. . My older brother brought it back from overseas when I was a little girl, probably 1958-1960. Unfortunately, he is now deceased and and cannot provide any information about where the set was purchased. I’ve tried to research the set myself, but have come up empty. I’ve also taken the set to 2 different appraisers who have each told me that they’ve never seen another set like it and have given me a “guesstimate” of what the value MIGHT be. I believe that Sango was not selling in the USA at that time, which is why there is little known about this line of china.I would really appreciate any information you might be able to provide...

Message 1539 of 1,793
latest reply

The Mickey Bandleader mirrors were sold through the early 1970's and while they formerly would sell on the secondary market for $150 or more (in mid-1990's)... they can more often be found now for $50 - $75.  They are more common than one might think... and turn up on eBay from time to time.

Message 1540 of 1,793
latest reply

The Tinker Bell and Lady & Tramp illustrations pictured were sold at Disneyland in the 1950's.  They were sold at the Art Corner (Main Street & Tomorrowland).  This was a more affordable way to obtain a Disney image for one's home withone investing $3.00 in the original animated cels they were offering at the time!

Message 1541 of 1,793
latest reply

As for the booklet on Edison Square... you've found a gem!  It should sell for $200 or more... and is extremely rare... from a "Land" that Disney never got around to building at Disneyland... as they got distracted with the 1959 expansion (Monorail; Submarines; Matterhorn Bobsleds, et al)... with Audio-Animatronics (Tiki Room / Lincoln)... the 1964 New York World's Fair...  construction of Pirates of the Caribbean and New Orleans Square... the 1967 "new" Tomorrowland... and ultimately ... Walt Disney World in Florida.

Message 1542 of 1,793
latest reply

Re: the Donald Duck stuffed toy...  The Character Novelty Company produced these starting in 1940.  This is likely one of their earlier efforts... as Donald's bill would not be in compliance with character standards for that time.  The look represents Donald when he first debuted in the 1934 short, The Wise Little Hen.  The character had significantly evolved by 1940 so it's unlikely that this style would have been offered after that time.

Message 1543 of 1,793
latest reply

We've received the following question:

Q:  I have an old 1938 WDE Snow White and the 7 dwarfs cast iron I believe set of figures. Snow white(stamped 1938 wde on the bottom) is about 5.5 inches tall and almost 3# and the others are about 2.5 inches and .5#. I have not been able to find this exact set online but I have found similar ones but not with the marking of wde and 1938. Would you be able to give me any info on this?

A:  Here's my understanding as to what you have. The pieces were likely made by J. L. Wright Inc. (aka L. Wright Inc.) of Chicago, Illinois. The company's founder, John Lloyd Wright was the son of architect Frank Lloyd Wright.

Typically, the cast iron pieces were painted. The company also sold plaster "make at home" molding sets... and also a set of metal salt & pepper shakers featuring Dopey and Sneezy. The pieces were authorized for sale only in 1938 - 1939. To my knowledge, no other companies produced cast iron pieces for Snow White... though there have been unauthorized reproductions of the pieces since that time.

J. L. Wright Inc. was better known as the original maker of Lincoln Logs. The company was purchased by Playskool in 1943.

Message 1544 of 1,793
latest reply

shellydc1972
Enthusiast

Hi i have a full pack of silly symphony playing cards featuring clarabelle cow horsecollar horace clara cluck,, pluto, mickey mouse ,,and old style donald duck. Iwould appreciate any info on this item.

Message 1545 of 1,793
latest reply