cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

something_so_bright
Enthusiast

I was wondering if you could help me. I found this older stuffed Pluto today. His tag says:
PLUTO
PRODUCT OF KOREA (14)--14 is in a circle--
CONTENTS: SHREDDED CLIPPINGS
(c)WALT DISNEY PRODS

I was just wondering what year he could be from and what he is worth. Thank you so much!!

~Nikki~
Message 1036 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was wondering if you could help me. I found this older stuffed Pluto today. His tag says:
PLUTO
PRODUCT OF KOREA (14)--14 is in a circle--
CONTENTS: SHREDDED CLIPPINGS
(c)WALT DISNEY PRODS

I was just wondering what year he could be from and what he is worth.

ANSWER:
We'd assume it's from the late 70's / early 80's. Earlier ones from Disneyland usually had a tag from California Stuffed Toys in Los Angeles. We'd estimate $10 - $20... as there were so many produced and many are still available today.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 1037 of 1,793
latest reply

something_so_bright
Enthusiast
Thank you so much!
Message 1038 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi, I'm wondering about a set of twelve 'It's A Small World' small porcelain doll figurines - each depicts a child from a different nation. Each is MIB marked Disney 1964.

The owner bought them in Disneyland in the 60's. She is going to a care center & maybe selling them to a neighbor CHEAP.

I have sold dolls for her on ebay, and have been trying to research the set without success. Any help would be appreciated! Jeanine
Message 1039 of 1,793
latest reply

I have had this figurine since the 60's and think it could be Disney since I visited Disneyland often as a child. There are no markings of any kind that I can find. It stands about 2 1/2" tall.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1040 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi Dave-

I just won this vintage Disneyland Hotel Bank. I was wondering if you could tell me approximately when it was made and any other information you may have.

Thanks in advance! Nicole

Auction 270094699721

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270094699721&rd=1&rd=1
Message 1041 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi, I'm wondering about a set of twelve 'It's A Small World' small porcelain doll figurines - each depicts a child from a different nation. Each is MIB marked Disney 1964.

ANSWER:
It's always difficult to confirm without a photo, but this sounds like the ceramic bisque figurines produced by Goebel for Disney. They were boxed; with hang-tags; released during the 1964 New York World's Fair. We've seen them sell for $25 - $75 each... depending upon demand at the time of eBay auction.

Good luck!
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 1042 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I just won this vintage Disneyland Hotel Bank. I was wondering if you could tell me approximately when it was made and any other information you may have.

ANSWER:
This would likely have been created when the Sierra Tower (originally known as the "Tower Building") was added in 1962. It was a standard souvenir issue; not produced by a major ceramics manufacturer.
Message 1043 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have had this figurine since the 60's and think it could be Disney since I visited Disneyland often as a child. There are no markings of any kind that I can find. It stands about 2 1/2" tall.

ANSWER:
There is a faint resemblence to the squirrels in Disney's animated feature, Sleeping Beauty. It's a possibility that it came from Disneyland during that period. We aren't familiar with the maker, but will post more information should we come across any definitive reference.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 1044 of 1,793
latest reply

Thanks so much for your information! I don't have possession of the Small World Figures yet, so couldn't post a photo.
The owner was pretty excited when I told her I would sell them on ebay. Her neighbor had offered her $20 for all twelve. This will be a real help to her. Your knowledge is amazing!
Message 1045 of 1,793
latest reply

dylan123red
Enthusiast
I am trying to find out what the value of a 1939 Walt Disney's Version of PINOCCHIO Hardbook would be. It was also signed by Walt Disney. The book is in very good condition. Hope someone can give me an idea. Thanks!!
Message 1046 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I am trying to find out what the value of a 1939 Walt Disney's Version of PINOCCHIO Hardbook would be. It was also signed by Walt Disney. The book is in very good condition. Hope someone can give me an idea. Thanks!!

ANSWER:
The book would normally sell for $25 - $75; but with Walt's signature authenticated, it would sell for $1,500 - $2,500; possibly more if other animators had also signed in 1939 / 1940 as well.
Message 1047 of 1,793
latest reply

dylan123red
Enthusiast
Thank You so much for your information on the signed Pinocchio book. I have had it for a long time. I have another question for you. Where would be the best place for me to try to sell it to get that kind of money for it?
Message 1048 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Thank You so much for your information on the signed Pinocchio book. I have had it for a long time. I have another question for you. Where would be the best place for me to try to sell it to get that kind of money for it?

ANSWER:
Keep in mind that it must be authenticated first. There are so many mistaken Disney signatures on eBay that we can't advise enough caution. The eBay market is soft for most Disneyana right now... The glut of merchandise from Disneyland's 50th Anniversary has left most collectors with a deluge of unused collectibles. However, the vintage collectibles do retain the highest percentage of their potential value. You can try eBay at a fixed price... or any of the major auction houses (at 35% commission or more!) would be interested in your item. A nice Disney piece in any auction is a prize! It's unlikely that you'll find any sellers paying those prices though unles they happen to be searching for that particular piece. Expect dealers to offer 35% - 50% of retail prices...
Message 1049 of 1,793
latest reply

vipurr93
Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the value of a Disney (Gund) Danny the black lamb purse? I was told it was purchased the first year Disneyland opened and is a character from the movie (So Dear To My Heart).
Message 1050 of 1,793
latest reply