cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

olponfrk
Enthusiast
Hi Dave, I have read each entry in this thread and have not seen anything mentioned of some Disney items I have. They are iron on transfers marked W.D. Ent. 1938 I have 5 of them from various Silly Symphony movies. Do they have any particular value? Not sure how to post pics here, but the characters are Country Cousin, Toby the Tortoise, Check-Room Girl, Elmer Elephnat and Robber Kitten. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Message 826 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have bought a few of the 'Tobler' Postcards from what I think are the 50's or 60's. I would like to collect the whole set but don't know how many were produced. I have also started to collect other vintage disney postcards.

ANSWER:
In our opinion, early Disneyland postcards are the most fun to collect. Though many are still available for $5 or less, some of the rarer ones sell for over $500! Looks for the book, "Disneyland: The Nickle Tour" - a history of Disneyland postcards. The early black & white postcards from Germany are especially sought after.

As far as French Tobler chocolate cards, they typically sell for $10 or less, and are available in plentiful supply. They're fun to collect, but not particularly valuable.

Enjoy!
Message 827 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi Dave, I have read each entry in this thread and have not seen anything mentioned of some Disney items I have. They are iron on transfers marked W.D. Ent. 1938 I have 5 of them from various Silly Symphony movies. Do they have any particular value? Not sure how to post pics here, but the characters are Country Cousin, Toby the Tortoise, Check-Room Girl, Elmer Elephnat and Robber Kitten. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

ANSWER:
Though not particularly sought after, these rare treasures are certainly worth collecting (and they don't take up much room!). They often sell for $10 - $20, and are a fine example of early Disney merchandising under the rare "Walt Disney Enterprises" trademark.

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 828 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I have a card of sewing buttons and this picture is sure gonna help. Above grumpys head dated 1939 and three other marks which I'm not sure of.They state in the middle of bottom patent in U.S. they are tied on with a string type , there is nothing on the back.

ANSWER:
This is a tough one! Our guess is that these buttons weren't actually manufactured for Disney, in that Snow White had nothing to do with a giraffe! However, the incredible sales of Snow White merchandise may have encouraged some manufacturers to place unrelated buttons on a card like this in order to move them off the shelves! We're not certain who the manufacturer might have been, but we suspect there was some funny-business with this one. Likely, a large supply of these nice Snow White backer cards were distributed to various button suppliers, who then attached whatever button they wanted to the card.

Regardless, we'd value the card at $20-$30; it's still a cool vintage card!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 829 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
I was looking for some info on a couple of Official Davy Crockett Indian Fighter Hats. They were in the basement of my grandparents' old toy store, so their in their original (yellow) boxes and have never been used. The boxes are a little tattered but intact, and the hats are in mint condition. What seems strange to me is that the hats are slightly different (different lining and tail patterns), but I don't know if this is normal. They both still have the circular labels stapled on (I have pics if is helpful).

ANSWER:
You have a treasure! They usually sell for more than $100++, and even rarer to have with the original boxes! We're all still fortunate to have Fess Parker here in California, and a trip to his winery (near Santa Barbara) is always a treat. If he's at the winery when you visit, I'd bet that he'd be willing to let you take a picture of him with your hat!

By the way.... the basement of an old toy store?! How cool!!

Enjoy,
Davy Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 830 of 1,793
latest reply

Thank you so much Dave for your help, I think they are very cool too. E.
Message 831 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
hi, i need some info about a disney shirt. it has walt disney productions label. was bought 2nd hand in charity shop some years ago as a paisley shirt, but if you look closely ,it has little pictures of mickey,minnie mouse within the pattern.have not been able to find any others to get any info on it.

ANSWER:
These shirts were produced between 1970 - 1977 by Kennington, and sold at varoius department stores and men's shops. Their value today often exceeds $50 or more (in mint / near-mint condition).

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 832 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hi - I am having a heck of a time finding information on values of a collection of disney rarities mint coins (medallions).

Is there a price guide?

ANSWER:
Rarities Mint was in Anaheim, California, and produced a variety of silver merchandise for Disney; mostly coins. They went out of business shortly after they began, and after a burst of enthusiasm for their products, they ended up with a huge supply of silver that glutted the market in recent years. Some of the earlier coin sets (Snow White & all 7 dwarfs; etc.) can sell for $100++, but most coins sell for $25 - $50 individually.

There is no price guide for these coins that we know of.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
Message 833 of 1,793
latest reply

dstyhnt
Enthusiast
i have a question and thought maybe you could help. i have a disney pin that says disneyland 35 years of magic sleeping beauty castle on the front with a picture of the castle and it says the walt disney company on the back.. i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it. thanks
Message 834 of 1,793
latest reply

rnagata
Pathfinder
Dear Dave,
Do you how to tell the difference between an authentic and counterfeit Disneyland opening day ticket? I read that about 10,000 counterfeit tickets were produced resulting in the overcrowded "Black Sunday". I can find little information on it doing internet searches. The opening day Disneyland tickets sell for quite high prices on eBay so authenticity is very important.

Thanks,
Russell
Message 835 of 1,793
latest reply

skg1145
Adventurer
Hello - I was curious if you had any info on a Walt Disney Productions step stool featuring Donald Duck. It is the same design as the Mickey Mouse Club foot stool. Thank you.
Message 836 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Hello - I was curious if you had any info on a Walt Disney Productions step stool featuring Donald Duck. It is the same design as the Mickey Mouse Club foot stool. Thank you.

ANSWER:
These were likely produced in the late 70's / early 80's; around the time of Mickey's 50th Birthday (1978), and during the "New Mickey Mouse Club" era.

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 837 of 1,793
latest reply

QUESTION:
Do you how to tell the difference between an authentic and counterfeit Disneyland opening day ticket? I read that about 10,000 counterfeit tickets were produced resulting in the overcrowded "Black Sunday". I can find little information on it doing internet searches. The opening day Disneyland tickets sell for quite high prices on eBay so authenticity is very important.

ANSWER:
Though we've heard this rumor often ourselves... in all this time we've never actually seen a counterfeit ticket to Disneyland's premiere.

The first problem, is that the tickets were not numbered. Major mistake! Though the tickets were color coded (silver, gold, orange, etc.), the vast majority were silver; each color for a different time of entry (silver was 2:30pm). We wouldn't be surprised if the authorized printer simply printed far more than contracted, and issued the tickets to whomever they wanted.

In our opinion, it is more likely that poor planning was the culprit. No one knew how many would actually show up for this day's events, and Disney sure didn't want a nationally televised event to appear poorly attended. As a result, tickets found a very liberal distribution. As an example, many of the contractors who built Disneyland received a cover letter, instructing them to pick up theire "ticket"... good for their entire family! You can imagine the difficult with crowd control on that one...

If the ticket has a very stiff card stock; with a metallic printing, it is likely real. Often, the real ones were slightly bent, as well. The best ones to purchase, still include their original invitation packet. You'll pay MUCH more for these, but provenance is everything to a Disneyana collector... especially for something as special as a ticket to Disneyland's dedication. That's a keeper!

Best wishes,
Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
www.SaturdaysToys.com
Message 838 of 1,793
latest reply

skg1145
Adventurer
Thank you! I should of also asked you what you think the value of the step stool might be? I cannot find any info on this item.
Message 839 of 1,793
latest reply

wildwendy2001
Enthusiast
i have a question if anyone can help me i have a very old foot stool says walt disney productions on it with donald duck it is vinal with wooden legs in near perfect condition i was wondering if anyone could help me date it and find a value for this item

thanks wendy
Message 840 of 1,793
latest reply