cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

The 1986 ABC television special was actually called "Disney's Fluppy Dogs"... and this pin appears to feature "Fanci Flup."

The characer of "Fanci" didn't appear in the episode... but was likely intended for future episodes as she was featured in various products launched in association with the series.  Even so... Fanci did have the distinction of having her own "Golden Book" (from Western Publishing).

Though it aired as a pilot for the series... after ranking as the lowest network broadcast of that week... the remainder of the series was cancelled and the remaining episodes never aired. 

This was part of a group of Disney animated programs produced and directed by Fred Wolf.

As for the pin... is may qualify as the rarest of all Disney pins... though hardly anyone knows it even exists.  That reality will likely hurt the potential value of the pin... but its rarity could create some eventual demand.  Unfortunately... it does appear to have been previously damaged.  It's also possible that it was simply a prototype that was never produced.

I'd guess that you have more of a novelty... desired by few collectors... but contributing to an informative back story behind Disney's 1980's television animation attempts.

Message 1651 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi, I recently aquired this 14k solid gold, diamond, ruby and sapphire Mickey Mouse pin and cannot find any info on it anywhere. Can someone please help me identify this little guy?

Message 1652 of 1,793
latest reply

This one is somewhat difficult to pinpoint...  Without an identifying mark on the reverse... it's really tough to say.  I can't see what the other text says on Mickey's ear...  the 14k is clear... but there is another word... possibly "Disney" but I can't tell.

It's possible that collector Stan Pawlowski could have created something like this... as he specialized in unique gold and silver Disney jewelry / display pieces.  It also could have been produced by Mickey & Co.... as they produced a line of 14k gold jewelry featuring Mickey.  However... the addition of the jewels, while adding value to the piece... doesn't necessarily add to the beauty... as the shape of the jewels doesn't work perfetly for eye pupils, etc.

They could also have been one-of-a-kind pieces sold in jewelry shops at a Disney theme park.

We'll see if anyone else has a match... and can provide a more specific backstory.  Sorry I couldn't help more...

Dave Mason

for SaturdaysToys.com  

Message 1653 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi, Thank you Dave for all the info. Yes the other word on the back is "Disney", sorry the pic is not more clear.

Message 1654 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi I received this plate as a gift. I have had it at least 30 yrs can you please tell me anything about it.
Message 1655 of 1,793
latest reply

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing an image of the plate that you've referenced.  Can you repost the question or add a photo?  I'll be glad to review it for you...

Best,

Dave Mason

for Saturday's Toys and Disneyana Auctions

Message 1656 of 1,793
latest reply

Why would you say it's been damaged?
Message 1657 of 1,793
latest reply

If you're asking about damage to the Fuppy Dogs pin... there appears to be a re-gluing of the post on the back of the pin.  Can't quite tell... but it looks like a repair might have been made.

Message 1658 of 1,793
latest reply

Actually, the elephant is "Elmer Elephant" (1936) from the Silly Symphony cartoon... and the cat is featured in "The Robber Kitten" (1935)... but that dog... I'm just not sure.

As for value... it's hard to say as there aren't many of these selling today to establish good resale value.  They were produced by the Paas Dye Company (Newark, NJ) and they held their Disney license from 1936 - 1955.

In the mid-1980's, if found in their complete package and not punched from their cards... they held a value of $60 (there were 16 wraps in the set)... but in their present condition, separated from the packaging... I'd estimate them today at $25 to $50 for the set.  That said... keep looking for current comps.  My recommendation:  never sell until you have solid information on recent sales!

Message 1659 of 1,793
latest reply

We just came across this adorable female elephant, made of metal and sitting on a glass ball. It's marked "Disney" and has a label indicating that it was made in England. We would like to get more info regarding the character, year (if possible), and anything else that can help getting accurate info. We unsuccessfully tried to research it and besides that, we aren't expert in this field. So, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

P1360628.JPGP1360637.JPGP1360627.JPG

Message 1660 of 1,793
latest reply

Unfortunately, we have no information about this particular item. Though it appears to be inspired by Walt Disney's "Fantasia", we are not aware of a contemporary offering that uses the "c. Disney" trademark for these images. Sorry we couldn't be more helpful
Message 1661 of 1,793
latest reply

MR MASON,

I HAVE A VINTAGE 1943 DISNEY STUDIOS US NAVY FILM: RULES OF THE NAUTICAL ROAD - SPECIAL STEERING AND SAILING. IT IS IN ITS ORIGINAL LABLED METAL CASE. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND VERY LIMITED INFORMATION ABOUT THIS FILM. I KNOW THAT IT WAS PART OF A SERIES THAT DISNEY FILMED FOR THE US NAVY FOR WW2. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU COULD PROVIDE ANY ADDITION INFORMATION ABOUT THIS FILM.

THANK YOU,

TOM

Message 1662 of 1,793
latest reply

MR MASON,

HERE ARE 2 PHOTOS OF THE FILM.

THANKS, 

TOM

Message 1663 of 1,793
latest reply