cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

I need HELP. I found in my great grandma's hope chest these old Mickey Mouse white gloves ear muffs. She had them in a sealed bag. They have never been worn, prestine mint condition. The label is old Mickey. It says, Tokyo Disneyland.
I can not find these ear muffs anywhere. I have searched everywhere and nothing. Does anyone have any information on them at all?
Message 1636 of 1,793
latest reply

IMG_20150124_155845.jpg

Message 1637 of 1,793
latest reply

IMG_20150317_220227.jpg

Message 1638 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi

Im after some help in working out what my walt disney fantasia figurine is. I think its from early 40's but can find very little about him or anything similar.20150409_210807.jpg

Message 1639 of 1,793
latest reply

I have a bunch of disney books, some of them are signed. Not sure what would be a good price to sell them.

Message 1640 of 1,793
latest reply

Unfortunately... these serigraphs were printed in such tremendous supply in the 1980's / 1990's... that their value has fallen sharply since they were released.  While they used to sell for $250 or more...  today, the serigraph (printed) cels rarely bring more than $50 on a good day.  There are exceptions... but only the uninformed would tend to pay more for a serigraph.  Original animation art has now become the standard for most collectors.

Message 1641 of 1,793
latest reply

Unfortunately, there is no across-the-board valuation for Disney books. In general... their books have been extremely popular and therefore often in plentiful supply... holding prices down. However... there are exceptions... particularly on those books produced during Walt's lifetime (1901-1966). Those released before 1950 tend to have the strongest potential for appreciation.
Message 1642 of 1,793
latest reply

This piece doesn't appear to be from Fantasia... though it does have a 1940's apperance. Are there any marks or labels on the bottom of it? Possibly it's a European figurine? We'd need more information in order to assist on this one.
Message 1643 of 1,793
latest reply

He's either Huey, Dewey, and Louie, the nephews of Donald Duck.  Try googling their names. 

Message 1644 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello,

I am hoping to get some help identifying this pendant. It is marked Walt Disney Productions with the copyright. It has a small Pearl and Ruby as well. I have searched google and ebay and I can not find anything that resembles this. If you have any advice that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance! 

Message 1645 of 1,793
latest reply

This is the front of the pendant.

Message 1646 of 1,793
latest reply

This charm / pendant is consistent with similar jewelry previously sold at Disneyland...

I can't see the front of the piece... but I'm guessing that's a gold shamrock?  In that case... it's possible it was sold at the Jewelry Shop on Main Street sometime around the release of "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" (1959).

If it is a shamrock... it could also have been sold at a later time... as the shamrock would have been a popular item to sell in the jewelry shop... even without a connection to the film... as Disneyland had quickly become an international destination.

Finally... it's also possible that it was created for the "La Boutique d’Or" (gold) shop in New Orleans Square after it opened in 1966.  

Either way... it's a specialty item... as the 14k merchandise would have likely been behind glass in one of the shops.

Sorry I can't be more definitive... but without a manufacturer's mark... it's tough to trace.  That's what leads me to believe that it was made for Disneyland (or possibly even later a shop at Walt Disney World; circa early 1970's).    Those early shopkeepers did produce some customized jewelry in the early years... and someone obviously wanted this piece to be identified with the Disney copyright mark.

Message 1647 of 1,793
latest reply

The front side of the piece does explain it!

That's the Contemporary Hotel at Walt Disney World... circa 1971.  A rather hard to find piece of jewelry!!  Congratulations...

Message 1648 of 1,793
latest reply

The most thorough listing of early Disney merchandise licensees (including city & state... and years of production... 1930 - 1984) is found in the appendix for Volume 4 of Tomart's Disneyana Catalog.  Also...  Cecil Munsey's "Disneyana" book is an excellent resource for dating early merchandise.

Message 1649 of 1,793
latest reply

What do you do when you can find no reference to a piece and nothing to compare it to? This is Fanci Fulp from Disney's book series associated with a Disney Thanksgiving special in 1986 called Fuppy Dogs. I can't tell if it was damaged and repaired or if it was converted from a pendant to a pin.

Message 1650 of 1,793
latest reply