cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hop Along

My nickname DWB originated from people calling me:

Dances With Birds

During my lifetime I have put a lot of effort into whistling back and forth with birds. Over the years they began to come to me and became friends. Never fed them just whistled with them.

every spring baby birds will come around in big numbers. Then as they grow up they have trust in DWB. If someone else comes around they all fly away. So the folks will look from a distance and see birds in every tree whistling back and forth with DWB. Especially at first light.

Recently there was a baby hawk coming very close to me. He would Hop Along with me as I rolled around out there. I began calling him "Hop Along".

Hop Along was having trouble learning to fly. So he would come near me and eat small things from the ground. And show them off each time. Like a cat shows of their catch.

One morning Mama and Papa Hawk came around and got between me and Hop Along. They were upset and giving me dirty looks. I whistled with them a few times and they calmed down. And they left.

Eventually Hop Along has learned to fly. And catch fish in the ponds out back. Hop Along is here every morning. All grown now and doing well. Still showing off those fish catches.

Going out right now to DWB. Can you hear me?

DWB

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hop Along

How wonderful to have such a close relationship with the birds. Something I think everyone would love to experience . What a beautiful way to start each day!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hop Along

What a fun posting I can picture all the birds actively coming to you. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply