cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone help id these two glass bowls?

023.JPG044.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The square bowl is Hazel Atlas Prescut, circa 1960's

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

"Early American Prescut" 1960-2000 by Anchor Hocking. not Hazel Atlas.See pg 23 of "Anchor Hocking, fire-king and more" 2nd edition by Gene Florence.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I used Replacements to ID the pattern, the Anchor Hocking Prescut is entirely different.  No vines, "star" is different.  Prescut has "fans" not present on this particular dish.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

You are correct.. Hazel Atlas Prescut
z28zoooom obviously did not realize that Hazel Atlas has a Prescut also.
................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Linda, that's not very nice to post an untrue statement in reference to our "realization"/ knowledge of hazel atlas glass.

Anchor Hocking owned the name "Prescut". initially made "Oatmeal and Pineapple" Prescut  pattern from 1941-1970s,then made EAPG "Prescut" , some with vines from 1960-2000. the posted reference was to the square bowl. Hazel Atlas Glass Company was defunct in 1960,owned by continental can company. any colors you see in supposed Hazel Atlas Prescut on replacements website are all documented Anchor Hocking Colors, not Hazel Atlas Colors. After 2000, i wonder who owns the name now.
🙂

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

z28zoooom...

Oh, darn computers... Words and actual emotions are often misunderstood... Did not mean to offend you. I read your posts often and I am always impressed with your knowledge and insight.

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I follow both of you and respect your knowledge.  I have learned something here and am appreciative of the knowlege both of you share with the rest of us.  Best regards!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I believe that Mc Kee also used the "Prescut" term;  it's stamped on their earliest Rock Crystal Flower pieces.  I used to own one of these (water glass)  Perhaps that's a clue..

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

it's all good Linda and appreciate your insight and knowledge also. 🙂
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

yes "Pres-cut" was a trademark Mckee used and their technique was patented around 1904. the technique copied the look of brilliant cut glass of that period,most were made before ww1, but some patterns were made after.other companies copied the technique. the Mckee patterns and designs of the "pres-cut" technique were much more striking ,and elaborate than the Anchor Hocking "EAPG Prescut" pattern.
🙂
Message 11 of 11
latest reply