cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pink Ribbed Bowl Pattern ID?

So many different ribbed patterns but so far, none I've found match this bowl. Rolled rim, squared bottom base. 9.5" across the top x 4.5" deep x  2.5" bottom base. Smooth inside, ribbed on outside.   Any thoughts? TIA....

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hello,  Look at Anchor Hocking, this bowl came in 4 sizes making a nested set.  The 9 1/2" is the largest, then 8 1/2", 7 1/2" and 6 1/2" being the smallest.  This set is in a Kitchen Glassware book by Florence, page 107. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That's it.  Thank you so much! Wish I had the entire set.  I like nesting bowls.  I don't have that particular issue but was able to find them on the other e site.  Guess it's time to get a newer edition. Mine are from the '90's!  I looked through my editions by Florence's and I just now realize, none of them have Anchor Hocking. How odd?   Thanks, again for your help.  One more off my unknown list.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This style bowl was first produced by Federal Glass during the depression era in a yellow set called "Golden Glow." I own one of those sets and they are quite collectible. This must be a reproduction of that original piece.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

randy/darlene

I agree with you... Federal Glass FEG19 Rose Glow Mixing Bowl.

The OP should take note of MEASUREMENTS, MEASUREMENTS, MEASUREMENTS !!!!!

Measurements always tell the story.

I saw that Anchor Hocking made a similar bowl, but it was in Vitrock.

I wonder if there was a marking on the bottom that the OP did not mention.

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have the full set in amber .. the pink is tough to find in good shape for sure.  The smallest bowl in the set can be the toughest to get. I think I only have 1 of these pink bowls in mint shape, have never found the small one or the 2 largest ones in the set.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you Linda. There isn't any markings on the bowl.  I am seeing this in the green and yellow but not in the pink/rose and I'm not sure what Vitrock color is so I'm off to the corner with my books. Double check my messurement to determine Federal vs Hocking. Hope you are staying warm!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hello Friend...

Vitrock is white...

The pink version of the more common green & amber (yellow) can be seen on replacements.com

on that site, the Federal Glass measurement rim to rim is 9 3/4"

The Anchor Hocking Vitrock bowl is listed on this site as 9 1/8"

But keep in mind, this site is notorious for having the measurements "off" a little.

Best, Linda

p.s.  Just for your information on your future finds... If there is a mark on Federal Glass, it will be a "shield" with an F in it.

Anchor Hocking has many marks, most commonly that include an "anchor".

But my biggest mistake, a long long time ago, was to think that an HA was an Anchor Hocking mark. That mark is Hazel Atlas.

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for taking time to give me a lesson. I actually have a small shot glass that I now know, thanks to you, is Federal Glass. I don't collect or use shot glasses but my daughter will be happy to add it to her collection. 

Glenda 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply