Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone id these pink candlesticks with gold trim...looks like deer? Thanks

DSCN4027.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I was going to suggest, "Deerwood", also known as "Birch Tree" by U.S. Glass, which was made in pink, but that would have been too easy: just not enough of the Birch Tree in this one, and then there are those medallions...I've been in this position myself, with a black amethyst piece; it's interesting, if frustrating and challenging; I wish you luck, & will get back with you if I find it. Happy Hunting!
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks so much for your comments...wish every mfg would have put their marks on things they made. WOuld have made our Ebay life easier 🙂

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Please show us a few photos of the candlestick in its entirety, not just the base, because it might be easier to ID it based upon its shape. The gold decorations on glass were largely done by outside decorationg companies on glass blanks supplied to them by the various manufacturers, and not in-house by the glass makers themselves. Fostoria is one exception, and your candlestick is not a Fostoria piece.

🙂

Phil

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

DSCN4028.JPG

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion...just posted a new pic.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the additional picture. Your candlestick appears to be made by Liberty Glass Works between 1928 & 1932. It should measure 3-1/4" high and the base 4-1/4" across.

🙂

Phil

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I, for one, am very grateful to Phil for his expertise. Identifying the products of these smaller glass works presents a chronic problem for me, and I do not have, or know of, a reliable and complete source for this kind of information. Any suggestions for reference material?
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge! 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

yes, the 3 volume set of "the glass candlestick book" (s) by tom felt and elaine and rich stoer , from schroeder publishing.there were literally 1000's of glass makers along the Ohio River in the 20's and 30's.. Liberty Glass was one that was very well known then..
🙂
Message 10 of 10
latest reply