cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone ID this unmarked jadite sugar jar?

To show scale, I have placed a fireking mug beside the sugar jar.  The sugar is unmarked.  I have looked high and low and can't seem to find another one to compare this too.    Any help appreciated.

jadite 005.JPG

jadite 003.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's really cool looking, but it might be some of that "new" stuff.

You should be able to tell from being able to look at the glass in person, but I can't tell from your photo

Cracker Barrel ran a line of jadite, as did Martha Stewart. But I do not remember who the manufacturers were. Maybe Mosser Glass.

After having gotten bit once, I try to buy only AH FK or McKee which are both most generally stamped on the bottom.

Still..... I hope yours is old

Best, Linda

Smiley Very HappyIf you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glasswareSmiley Very Happy

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

hi,from the picture, the sugar looks to be a different color than the mug. i looked through the fire-king book and kitchenware book-both by Gene Florence. the one item i found listed in those books as a "sugar" and "sugar lid" was in the white "wheat" pattern and had handles.always look to the form of an item..Linda is right , there are many reproductions out there.
hope this helps 🙂
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Can you post a picture of the bottom of the sugar?  Thanks. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This evening I thumbed through the KELLER / ROSS Jadeite book and didn't see any piece that looked even remotely like this piece.  I am afraid that I am going to have to guess it is a new piece BUT  I am certainly not an expert.  I do hope that when you are finally able to identify it that you will post an update.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the help all.  I am hoping it was old.  When I bought it I also purchased a few peices of the Jane Ray pattern, the mug and a jadite bowl to a Sunbeam mixer.  So I was hoping this was old too.

Prior to posting, this I also looked up reproductions and didn't find anything there either.  I will check out the Cracker barrel and dig into more of the Martha Stewart.

I have to get my camera charged up, when I do, I will try to get some pictures of the bottom uploaded.  After posting this, I noticed that the top handle knob doesn't have a shiny sheen like the rest of the peice.  Don't know if that is a clue or not.

Thanks for some more direction I do appreciate the help.

Becky

Message 6 of 6
latest reply