cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Deco creamer I D Help

any help would be nice have had this piece for many years . would like to know  bottom appears to be fired on top seems to be case glass .white on the inside clear outside . thank you for lookingcoltin 014.JPGwho made it  TIA

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

any marks on the base, inside or under? is the rim,under the trim, clear glass, or the cream color? the trim looks like silver, as does the matching partial decoration , which is worn. the orange looks like it is dipped.the cream interior might be another process to coat glass.look around the outside of the glass to see if there is some spotting to the cream. this is usually where the inside application is starting to lift from the inside. we have seen this color combo, with silver application,on pre-1925 porcelain. as for the 'blank' glass and who made it, forget about the colors and look at the overall form of the glass creamer and the pattern.note the semi fleur de lis, the pattern along the wavy edge, and the bamboo or twig- like handle.
🙂
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

no marks anywhere. the rim is silver overlay. no seperation of color anywhere. yes the bottom might have been dipped .   yes the handle appears to be bamboo like tried googled images no luck might just stay in my unknown box . looks good on the shelf

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Silver Trim like that was big in the 1950's and the orange paint dip also reminds me of  the painted modern tone from the 1950's. It's definitely unusual, try to find the same glass pattern piece in clear or colored glass with no paint decoration.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply