cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Not Honoring Warranty

P purchased a battery for my Thpad T60 Notebook from Lunatech Laptop Batteries and it failed within the 3-year warranty period. Lunatech would not honor the warranty term even though I returned the faulty item, paying for the shipment. I don't seem to have any recourse within the Ebay system.

Stay way from this vendor.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@jtharris-half wrote:

P purchased a battery for my Thpad T60 Notebook from Lunatech Laptop Batteries and it failed within the 3-year warranty period. Lunatech would not honor the warranty term even though I returned the faulty item, paying for the shipment. I don't seem to have any recourse within the Ebay system.

Stay way from this vendor.

Fairly common for ebay, sellers are rarely resellers for the given products they offer by various manufactures.

The seller is the original purchaser far as the manufacture is concern, any warranty pertained to them only.

Original warranty expired, the moment product resold here on ebay any coverage is null and void and regardless what most of them claim in the listing.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If the item was bought new your credit card should help by allowing you to file a chargeback.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-A person can be rich in one of two ways, They can have lots of friends or lots of money, but not both.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

99% of warranties are from the manufacturer and not the seller. Have you contacted them?

Like Dan stated, a good share of warranties are null and void when sold on eBay unless the seller is a licensed retailer for the product.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I usually use sellers FB rather than the stated warranty. Just click on a uyer FB and contact them and ask if they are happy. You do need to go backa year or so for honest opinion.FB cannot be changed or added to after 45 days I think.

Jeffy !
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Just went to check year old FB and ebay has changed it again!! Can no even see who left the FB !!  Sorry for the false info it was posted in good faith!

Jeffy !
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

File a claim!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I agree 100%!!! If Ebay is not going to make the seller homor there warranty then they should not be allowed to give a warranty. I went through the same problem 2 times. 45 days past the file time. The item went out 2 months after purchase. It's totally wrong and deceiving. One seller was.....    amilineinc     .....they do not stand behind there warranty. Don't buy from them. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@biged143 wrote:

Just went to check year old FB and ebay has changed it again!! Can no even see who left the FB !!  Sorry for the false info it was posted in good faith!

Of course they haven't eBay does not improve, it only gets worse.

The lady on the phone told me to take him to small claims court.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The way ebay has it no you cannot even attempt tp figure out if the bidder/seller is shilling ! I bid on a car bid was 7100. my max bid was 8001. auction closed with winning bid of 8101. Next day I get an email "winning bidder cannot complete buy are you interested at 8k? I said nope I am interested at 7200. which was the last valid bid" seller said he would sell it local!!

Jeffy !
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I had d same bad experience w fraudulent ebay seller from china wonderfullife2011. My defective i bought from wonderfullife2011 is under warranty but refuses to honor
My 1 yr phone warranty. Thats
How ebay works after 30 days
Ebay customer protection. Thats where ur nightmare begins when dealing w this fraudulent ebay seller from china for refund or replacement of d defective item u purchased...
Message 11 of 11
latest reply