eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Coming Soon: Item Specifics Changes in Car Electronics

Hi everyone,

I’m posting this to this board on behalf of our category management team to let everyone know about a few upcoming changes to the Item Specifics in the Car Electronics category.

Based on member feedback we will be making minor changes to existing Item Specifics in the Car Electronics category in a few weeks. The changes include:

Car Audio Receivers:
--Name Change to Car Audio In-Dash Units
--CD+ Sirius and CD+XM combos added to Buy side
--4 new brand values available: Audiovox, Eclipse, Legacy & Pyramid

Car Amplifiers:
--Addition of Model Number Item Specific
--5 new brand values available: Boss, Hifonics, Jensen, Orion, & Pyramid

Car Subwoofers:
--8 new brand values available: Eclipse, Lanzar, Legacy, Pyle, Pyramid, Soundstream, Volfenhag, Xsite

Car Speakers:
--7 new brand values available: Boss, Factory, OEM, Jensen, Lanzar, Legacy, Pyle, Pyramid

These changes will be available in late September. Sellers who use Turbo Lister, Seller Assistant, Seller Assistant Pro, or Selling Manager Pro may need to download an update to access these changes.

If you have any comments or feedback about Item Specifics, please email them to caraudio@ebay.com. We will take all input into consideration for future revisions.

To learn more about the schedule for Item Specifics, you can go to http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/itemspecs.html

Regards,
Maeve for the Computer, Networking and IT team

Meet others who share your interests. Join an eBay Group today!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Coming Soon: Item Specifics Changes in Car Electronics

in reply to maeve@ebay.com
Hi, Maeve :smileyhappy:
As mobile audio is a rather involved hobby for me I'm glad to see expansions to this particular segment of item offerings. And the changes look good! Here's my question, though...
Car Speakers:
--7 new brand values available: Boss, Factory, OEM, Jensen, Lanzar, Legacy, Pyle, Pyramid

emphasis mine

Wouldn't adding both of these as values be redundant? As I am not aware of there being a car stereo speaker manufacturer DBA 'Factory' and most end users of mobile audio products are going to understand these two terms to be synonymous. While I am certain a perfectly reasonable explanation exists that will make me go "D'oh!" for the now I am missing what it might be and it's just a quirk that caught my attention.
For the Pinks that really do work hard and try to help,
Thank You!

eXcelon
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Coming Soon: Item Specifics Changes in Car Electronics

Hi there, and thanks very much for your question. To clarify "Factory, OEM" is indeed one category. The punctuation in the original approach was indeed confusing and we apologize!

You'll see in Receivers(soon to be "In-Dash Units" that we already use this naming convention.

Keep up with the great questions, or email me at caraudio@ebay.com.

Warm regards,

Melinda
Car Electronics Category Manager
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Well warm regards to you too.
Please use plain text.