eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

**** Coming Soon: Category Changes in Computers & Networking in mid-August****

Hi All -

We will be updating the Computers & Networking category structure in mid-August, based on feedback received from the eBay Community and from experts in the fields. With regards to Category Structure please look for changes across the entire category with particular attention to:

* Apple, Macintosh Computers
* Desktop PC Components
* Laptops Parts & Accessories
* Software
* Video & Multimedia

For complete details please visit the Category Change section of Seller Central for Computers & Networking found at:

http://pages.ebay.com/categorychanges/computers.html

Best regards,
The Computers Team
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: **** Coming Soon: Category Changes in Computers & Networking in mid-August****

in reply to computers2004@ebay.com
Category 80263: Office XP Home - there is no such product and no one will have any idea what is supposed to go there.

Category 80264: Office 2003 Basic - there is no such product. Is this for Office "Standard"? If so, that's what it should say.

Shouldn't these all be sub-categories Business Suites - Microsoft - Office 95, etc.
Followed by:

Business Suites - Corel
Business Suites - Lotus
Business Suites - Other
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: **** Coming Soon: Category Changes in Computers & Networking in mid-August****

Hi 6 Good -

Thank you for your comments. As you know we contstantly modify and update cat strucuture so will make the correction for next months update. please keep the comments and feedback coming.

Best regards,
The Computers Team
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello,

I just came across the Office 2003 Home Edition today. As I understand it, that is an OEM-only edition. In other words, it can only be sold pre-installed and sales of the CD alone would be a VeRO violation. Why then would you set up a category for it?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

OK, I'll look for these changes but I really don't think anyone is going to care one way or another
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Nice to see changes
Please use plain text.