eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

miogpsrocksnav
Community Member

Re: Beware of fake 32gb micro sd card on ebay!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
in reply to simonster37

This guy is the kingpin of the fake cards.

If that was not bad enough, he is also trying to recruit you for a pryamid scam which starts out with an " Money making secrets!"

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to air_fire_water

I thought mine was faulty and got a refund without any problems at all. Of course this is after I left positive feedback. I then checked it and found it to be fake, let the seller and ebay know and heard nothing at all since. Ebay aren't interested, and if the sellers are getting away with it then neither are they. They don't even acknowledge when they are informed that fakes are being sold.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37

WHAT REALLY BOTHERS ME IS THIS:- If you buy one of these things, listed all well and good, and then find out its about a TENTH of the capacity you thought you were getting.........You then have to raise an eBay CASE. If the seller then asks for it to be returned, you do not leave the FULLY DESERVED BAD FEEDBACK, because you want your refund.

The purchase has WASTED A LOT OF YOUR TIME already, you have PAY FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE, if you are lucky you get a refund, minus the time, grief, hassle of parcelling it up, hassle of posting it, if you are not lucky the seller says it has not been returned or lost in the post. WORSE, once your case has been closed, YOU CAN NOT LEAVE BAD FEEDBACK THEREAFTER for that transaction and thus the seller's feedback is not affected. 

eBay, PLEASE, YOU NEED TO SORT THIS OUT.

PS Dodgy sellers are doing this with all size cards, latest fiddle is with so called 64Gb cards, they are factory labelled as 64Gb, the last two I got conned with are in fact just 8Gb each, also, they were speed rated as Class 10, they were in fact just Class 4.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37

I got ripped off too!!!!!!!!, lost a BUNCH of valuable information... whos at fault, eBay for allowing the con-artists or us for having good faith in buying the SD card from eBays seller?

Please use plain text.
ilovefashion87
Community Member

in reply to erkme73

I am so glad i searched about this whole thing. I am new seller in ebay. I am actually browsing and looking suppliers of microsd cards to sell. I almost bought 1000 pcs from a supplier from China for $5.90 a piece . The supplier told me that the real capacity is 8gb, but it can be upgraded upto 32gb and will look like 32/64gb in your phone or computer. So i was confused why is there anything like that.  My husband told me to research why so cheap? and what is meant with Real capacity? So i searched and this is what i found! Thanks to all of you! I saved my money. I'd rather invest it in on something else that won't rip people off by selling fake ones.

Please use plain text.
powerspcrepair
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to zammy123

For those of you no matter where you are, seeking for the best quality legitimate Micro SD cards ... There is also Newegg which now here on eBay serving the eBay community with the best quality computer products as well. Look for them when you do the search for Micro SD cards. Stick with well known retailers that sells them. Also, make sure that your SD card readers are up-to-date as well.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37

biggest problem is the criminals that are selling to the ebay sellers, many times we are unaware of the problems, untill are customers start complaining , sometimes we buy from major companies and find that they have been duped and we sellers are the ones that get the bad end of things just make sure you know your sellers and dont buy direct from china

Please use plain text.
nitzanmanteka1
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to simonster37

Ok - 

So i bought 5 Samsung 32 GB Micro SD cards from a seller

I just ran one of them through the H2testw and guess what? they're fake.

Whats sad is that he sold over 750 pcs of this fake micro sd card.

i just contacted the seller and soon we'll see what kind of solution he'll give me.

it seems that most of the memory cards on ebay are fake :smileysad:

so please be aware

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37

Hi,

Maybe a little OT since I bought from  Aliexpress.com - but the sellers may be operating on both (or several) sites.

Exactly the same,  bought  SD-cards from two different sellers - they both proved to be FAKE the day I received them and tested them with H2testsw.

What fooled  me was the fact taht both seller had this line in their ad:

• Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty

Note: All of our card are tested by H2W test software before we send out.Good quality guaranteed

Liars and nothing but bandits - that is what they are

What I do not understand is why Ebay and Ali let this go on and on.  One of my sellers has had around 75  1-star  reports the last month - all saying that what he sends is worthless peaces of **bleep**.  But still - he goes on and sells the same **bleep** like nothing ever happened. And he still claims that every card is tested before shipping them out! 

Tnx.

Fred - Norway

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to simonster37

Thought I'd chime in here.   Just bought 5 of these same "Memory Card" 32GB micros  I knew going in that there was a high liklihood that these were fakes, and deliberately used my Amex to purchase them.

Amex has been outstanding when it comes to disputing charges for non-received or fraudulent items.

In any case, all 5 cards out at about 4GB using the H2Testw application.  I contacted the seller initially (before using H2Testw) to complain that the write speeds were not even class 6.  In the mean time, I did the full test, and see that it's worse than that.

I'm going to send another message to the seller, letting him know that I'm aware he sold me bogus materail.  I will refuse to pay for return shipping.  Either he offers an immeidate FULL refund, or I file a dispute with Amex.  I skip the whole eBay/Paypal circus.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to yachingcheng

There is a freeware on the net called: H2testw.exe which will tell you real size of the card, read/write speed, etc.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37
Wish i saw this earlier just got one it his corrupt when i put lots of files, going to claim a refund
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37

I am furious as hell why does ebay let this type of **bleep** go on why dont they trace some of these people that sell this fake ips and do something about this obvious huge problem ill tell you this ill never buy anything off here again oh and heres what my nice 32gb micro sd card said when i tested it

The media is likely to be defective.
105.7 MByte OK (216665 sectors)
30.0 GByte DATA LOST (63052199 sectors)
Details:30.0 GByte overwritten (63052199 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
0 KByte corrupted (0 sectors)
2 KByte aliased memory (4 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000069cb000
Expected: 0x00000000069cb000
Found: 0x00000000069db000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 8.18 MByte/s
Reading speed: 14.4 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37
Wow! Bet they do something now lol
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 32drum

to check if sanddisc is genuine or not go to sandisc web site, they have a live chat, they'll ask for pics of card, happy to say mine is genuine...phew

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 32drum

here's the two reports from h2testw... fake one and looks like the san disc 64Gb is ok

Error reading file 'F:\19.h2w', offset 0x35700000.

(The system cannot find the file specified. Code 2)

Warning: Only 26445 of 31991 MByte tested.

The media is likely to be defective.

10.8 MByte OK (22192 sectors)

18.8 GByte DATA LOST (39477584 sectors)

Details:44.4 MByte overwritten (91016 sectors)

0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)

18.7 GByte corrupted (39386568 sectors)

76 KByte aliased memory (152 sectors)

First error at offset: 0x0000000000000008

Expected: 0x0000000000000011

Found: 0x0000000000000000

H2testw version 1.3

Writing speed: 3.06 MByte/s

Reading speed: 7.71 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

Warning: Only 60873 of 60874 MByte tested.

Test finished without errors.

Reading speed: 24.7 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kekalek

I got stung too, I left positive feedback then the card reported it needed formatting, so I emailed the seller and without question he refunded my money saying it must be faulty! I did the checks with H2testw and it shows as 8Gb and class 3! Bought as an auction so i thought I was getting a bargain as it was only £9ish!

Once bitten??? well I bought a 64Gb branded sandisc, the seller states item dispatched from Jersey by royal mail, only a few quid cheaper than shops so I thought it'd be ok. Then I checked the seller when I found this thread and it's Chinese seller, and from 42000 feedback 99% positive there is some negative feedback that it's fake!

I suppose I have to wait and see what happens but I'll run the checks before leaving feedback once the card appears.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to simonster37

I am so glad I found this post.I have been scouring the internet trying to find how to fix this problem. I have previously bought a "no" brand name 32gb memory card form a ebay seller and after a certain point is would delete and/or corrupt the files I placed on it. It even was writing over existing files causing the music to merge together! I returned this card and I got a refund from the seller. I purchased another card at about $20 and I was a SAMSUNG 32gb memory card. The exact same thing happened. I thought maybe it wasnt the cards after all but the phone, so after gettiging a new phone,  the SAMSUNG memory card is doing the same exact thing!!! The **bleep**py thing is you realize this issue after the return period has passed leaving it up totally to the seller discretion to accept it back and give you a refund. I contacted the seller and asked for a refund.I hope he gives me one. If not I WILL BE LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to skullywag64

I agree, too good to be true, it usually is on eBay.

Still doesn't excuse eBay for ALLOWING it to happen and ruling in the sellers favor when a buyer exposes the scam. Making a cut off big sums of money is better than running a clean legitimate business. Un-**bleep**ing-believable.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to neoandgeo

Said it before in other threads..... when the brand name of what you are buying is "Memory card".... what do you expect???

It surprises me how many folks are willing risk their valuable data trying to get a cheap deal....then complain when they DO lose it.

Me?  I'm VERY PICKEY about the brand of  flash drives, flash cards, hard drives and writable discs I buy.....  a bargain isn't such a bargain if it punks out.   Of almost all the posts here I've seen about people "warning" others about fake cards and drives....the original ads all but scream "junk" or "buy this, sucker".   Yet people just CANNOT REFUSE a price that is too cheap to be real..  I have no pity for them.

Please use plain text.