cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved Threads

alan@ebay  Hi, Alan!  I was wondering if the OP of the threads that are moved from this board, or actually any board, are notified of the new location so they can find their original post and continue their discussion?

So many new or infrequent posters have no idea that they can click on their profile to find/see all of their previous posts.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Moved Threads

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @hidy-hoo

If a member is 'subscribed' to a thread and the thread is moved, they receive a notification that the thread has been moved. 

I think we could do more though, thinking about this now it feels that a better process would be to PM the OP to let them know their thread has been moved. I will look into that to see if we can set that up. 

Thanks! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Moved Threads

Thanks, Alan ~ I think that would be a great solution as I doubt very few new community posters will know about the subscribe feature and if the OP comes back to the original board after the moved notice has disappeared, they will have no clue as to the new location of their original post.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply