cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twighlightmanor calling mustangrockstar!!!

mustangrockstar:

Scrooge fan #1 calling Scrooge fan #2!! I know you're on eBay some-where cause you've out bid me in the past, on you know what!!!! AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH! The ultimate of all ultimate, best of the best items! I want one sooooooooo bad. At least it went to a good home. (Oh and the other one that goes with it: I saw one for $185 at Amazon, you might want to check that out. It's been there a loooong time.)

If you find this thread---contact me---leave a message here, bring your friends, tell your wife to join in too.

I'm the only major Scrooge nut on this board, come and talk to me please!!!
Message 1 of 1,514
latest reply
1,513 REPLIES 1,513

girlsaurus_comics
Enthusiast
I can't say guys in skirts do much for me, sorry...
Message 61 of 1,514
latest reply

girlsaurus_comics
Enthusiast
Oh, I prefer guys who cry 🙂
Message 62 of 1,514
latest reply

girls---

I'm Scottish---what can I say? I fall in love with every Scottish guy I meet! 🙂
Message 63 of 1,514
latest reply

Even that golfer guy who's always fighting Kim Possible? And the one from the Austin Powers movie?

Come to think of it, you did say you liked Brigadoon,, didn't you?

Scotland is probably my favorite of the foreign countries I've visited. Seeing the lone piper on the ramparts of Edinburgh Castle closing the tattoo was fantastic. So was wandering through the heather-covered hills near Inverness.

But the best memory was taking an all-night train from London to Edinburgh, stepping out of the station at dawn, rounding a corner onto the High Street and seeing that fairy tale castle looming over the town. Pasnat, you're not in Kansas any more!
Message 64 of 1,514
latest reply

pas---

I'm very, very jealous of you---I have never been to the homelands----our family has a castle over there, we all talk about someday getting it back into the family again, but none of us has the millions of dollars it takes to keep a castle so we ain't done it yet.

yep---Brigadoon is one of my fave movies---lots of guys in kilts in that one.;-)
Message 65 of 1,514
latest reply

These are for you, eek.

Urquart Castle is on the little spit of land jutting out from the right. This is Loch Ness, which you may have heard of.

Edinburgh Castle at night.

See the Lone Piper betwixt the two structures on the top left of the castle? The lights around him slowly fade until there is one spotlight on him alone... then it blinks off abruptly. Touches the heart of every true Scot there, and at least one Mexican.
Message 66 of 1,514
latest reply

Grandpa became an American citizen at age 98 (he'd been here since age 2!). He was the biggest nut our family had---super mundo freaky, Maine had him to blame for getting the Mormon church here. He went blind real young (age 12 I think) and the only color he could remember was pink, so it's the only color he would wear---he looked like Vincent Price's twin brother in a pink ganster's suit. He was a wizard too, named one of his 8 sons Merlin and one of his 4 daughters Jeannie. Besides being a super high ranking Mormon, he was also a Mason and a Occultist---even had a crystal ball and everything.

He died last year at 100 years and 14 days...the family had his body flown back to Maine from Utah so he could be buried with the rest of the family here. We must have looked a sight at the funeral---everyone dressed in pink, he had a bright pink coffin, an American and Scottish flag, bagpipers, and we all (all 264 of showed up too!!!) sang Scottish ballards with the pipers. The Mormon High Priests all got together and sermonized about temples and celestial kingdoms, and than handed out B of M's to all the non-Mormons at the funeral. After the funeral we all set out to our usual family feuding---Mormons against the non-Mormons---the funeral directors said it was "the most interesting funeral" they'd ever done. I think they thought we were all crazy.

I have no idea why, but your pictures just reminded me of this...

BTW...I'm a believer that Nessy does exist.
Message 67 of 1,514
latest reply

"I'm a believer that Nessy does exist. "

Imagine my surprise.

I didn't see her. I went out on a boat hunt for Nessie , but it was raining, and Nessie had too much common sense to come out in the rain. Me, on the other hand...

Yep. You have a weird family. That funeral is the antithesis of what I want at my funeral. I just want to be cremated and my ashes scattered off the NoCal coast. My family and friends can get together if they want, but don't feel obligated.

My boss wants to be created and have his ashes encased in clear plastic keychains to be handed out at his funeral as souvenirs.

For you, eek... have you heard about lifegems? You can have your ashes made into decorative gems and mounted in jewelry.
Message 68 of 1,514
latest reply

You can have your ashes made into decorative gems and mounted in jewelry.

yep...I have actually heard of these...also of hair jewelry too (made from the dead person's hair)

Shelly (writer of Frankinstien) had her husband's heart dried and made into a pendent/necklace, which she wore the rest of her life....that is the creepiest thing I think I've ever heard.

I would like to go like Elijah...in a cheriot of fire, than I won't have to worry about being buried, etc.
Message 69 of 1,514
latest reply

I feel like talking about Maine today...

I love Moxie

I love the Thunder Hole

I love Longfellow's House

I love Stephen King

I love blueberries

I love lobster

I love moose

I love chickadees

I love great white pines

I love The Pier

I love Rapid Ray's

I love Pier Fries

I love Bill's Pizza

I love Palace Playland

I love East Surf Drive

I don't love King Realty

I'm going to miss the Dream Machine 😞

I love Maine!!!!!!

here is Longfellow's house

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

here is Rapid Ray's

and here is The Pier

Maine...The way life should be...Get your heart in Maine or get your donkey out!
Message 70 of 1,514
latest reply

Okay,

It's been raining for three days, the snow is almost gone (finally) and I can see my MudBug again. Now I've got spring fever I want to drive it through the woods, but it' ain't running, and I have no idea what is wrong with it.

(It's an ATV) Years ago, before they started production, my Grandmother (the comic book grandmother, not the Witch) won a 1971 MTD 3-Wheel MudBug in Apricot Fizz Metal Flake. I am told that this model was a "proto-type" and the very first MudBug ever made (#1).

She gave it to my father, and he gave it to me. It's a special item that our family is very proud to own and it's treated like an heirloom. I still have this MudBug, but it is no longer running. I would like to restore it, but I know nothing about mechanics.

The problem is, I have looked high and low for parts and can't even find anyone who has ever heard of this ATV. I tried looking it up on some web sites and only found one site that mentioned it and found out that it was made from 1971-1973 and came in 2 colors, oragne like mine or lime green. It says that production was stopped because ATV's where not thought to be something anyone would ever use! (If only they had held out for a few more years!) The web site showed pictures of MudBugs, showing all of the models done each year...and not a one of them looked like mine. Mine is more square, has a more upright back, and is much larger than the ones shown.

I don't know if any of you guys here in comic know anything about ATV's or not, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. My question is, since I was told mine was a "proto-type" made before production started for sale to the public, is it possible that I have the only one like it? Is that why mine looks differant from the others? If this is so, how would I go about restoring it?

Does anyone out there have an MTD MudBug...a year, any model?

Any info anyone could give me would help greatly. Thanks!

P.S.

Does anyone know the value of an MTD MudBug, how many where made, and where I could get some more of them? (I would like to collect them---but, they seem to be quite rare and hard to track down. I've yet to find one for sale anywhere.)
Message 71 of 1,514
latest reply

First we were snowed in, and now this....

Maine had 2 blizzards back to back---we got a total of 102 in....I've spent 2 months with no sunlight because the snow went over the tops of our windows....in places where it drifted it went over the roof...

The past 3 days it warmed up and has rained non-stop. The combination of 102 inches of snow being melted by heavy rain has resulted in massive flooding. The bridge on our road has washed out, and the bridges on the 2 roads crossing ours have washed out too, leaving only one road open.

Maine...The way life should be????
Message 72 of 1,514
latest reply

Message 73 of 1,514
latest reply

Ten little sand pipers sniping on a thread
one fell off and BUMPED his head..

the snipes have made there way back home, the Heart of Gold brought them saftly here...now to find Scrooge...someone was destroying greenbacks over in the Soapbox (in Maine even!) and I lost Scrooge after that...can't find him anywhere...oh well.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Message 74 of 1,514
latest reply

No need to explain. We understand perfectly.
Message 75 of 1,514
latest reply