cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twighlightmanor calling mustangrockstar!!!

mustangrockstar:

Scrooge fan #1 calling Scrooge fan #2!! I know you're on eBay some-where cause you've out bid me in the past, on you know what!!!! AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH! The ultimate of all ultimate, best of the best items! I want one sooooooooo bad. At least it went to a good home. (Oh and the other one that goes with it: I saw one for $185 at Amazon, you might want to check that out. It's been there a loooong time.)

If you find this thread---contact me---leave a message here, bring your friends, tell your wife to join in too.

I'm the only major Scrooge nut on this board, come and talk to me please!!!
Message 1 of 1,514
latest reply
1,513 REPLIES 1,513

now granted Goldie was a dance-hall-girl, yeah, we all know that's why Disney cut 8 pages from the original "Back to the Klondike" and why she never apeared in any stories until 1987...but still.
Message 136 of 1,514
latest reply

actualy, Carl Barks did some rated X pictures that where a lot worse...Disney wishes they would disapear...I wish I could afford one...they sell for tens of thousands if you can find one.
Message 137 of 1,514
latest reply

the pictures seem fine to me. i don't see anything in it that's objectionable.
Message 138 of 1,514
latest reply

you, me and the rest of the world...the Mouse just need a reason to sue somebody I think.
Message 139 of 1,514
latest reply

and for 3 years we all hated Disney as a result
Message 140 of 1,514
latest reply

I was just thinking...if Scrooge isn't a Christian, than a church that he'd start wouldn't collect tithing would it?

I actually know almost nothing about the religion that Scrooge follows, since most of the religions I've studied are the Christian ones.

Well now I'm gonna have to look into this, because I seem to recall that that same religion preaches vegetarianism as well. hhhmmmm....now I have to do a panel by panel search to see if Carl Barks ever drew Scrooge eating meat...I know lots of stories do, but I can't remember if any of Barks' did or not. I never noticed. Wow, what a job, I'm already doing a panel by panel search for cross-dressed ducks.

Well, at least it'll keep me busy.
Message 141 of 1,514
latest reply

antpicnic
Enthusiast
is scrooge the richest duck of all? I mean does he
have competition to his fortune? and if so who?
Message 142 of 1,514
latest reply

If there are any comic board regulars still reading this thread, let me introduce antpicnic, a denizen of the Soapbox. A friend of eelkat.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Message 143 of 1,514
latest reply

ANT!

HELLO, I see you made it through the troll droppings....not an easy thing to do today.

Scrooge is the richest anything in the world, but he has stiff compatition from Fintheart Glomgold, the world's second richest man, who is only behind Scrooge by 5" of string. Third place goes to John Rockerduck, oil tycoon.

Come back in a few minutes, and I'll have pics of them for you...got to dig them out and scan them. Be right back.
Message 144 of 1,514
latest reply

antpicnic
Enthusiast
ok! what does twighlightmanor calling mustangrockstar
mean?
Message 145 of 1,514
latest reply

Ooh! Ooh! I know!

Twighlight Manor is the farm where eek lives. mustangrockstar is the second most avid Scrooge fan in the world. Or a figment of eek's tortured mind.
Message 146 of 1,514
latest reply

antpicnic
Enthusiast
ask me some comic questions know it all
Message 147 of 1,514
latest reply

secrets1968
Enthusiast
It's just a variation of Major Tom to Ground Control. See, Major Tom is trapped forever in outerspace and Ground Control can only recieve his audio signal.
Message 148 of 1,514
latest reply

Hi Ant,

I'm back Flintheart Glomgold pictus found....will get to Rockerduck in a minute...

Flinty is introduced in "Second Richest Duck" 1956 by Carl Barks.

In this story, Scrooge hears that he is no longer the
wolrd's richest man, and sets out to Africa, to
challenge the new holder of that title. Once there he
finds a duck equal to him in every way...right down to
the Money Bin and the #1 rand (African dime). The 2 of them battle it out comparing everything they own, and
everything is equal...same amount of money in the bin,
same amount of jewels in the vaults, same amount of oil
wells, same amount of gold and diamond mines, every business Scrooge owns--Flinty owns one just like it.
Finally it comes down to a string collection, and 2
enormous balls of string are brought out, which they unroll across Africa for days and miles...and in the end, even that comes out the same, however, Scrooge has
his #1 dime tied to him by a string, and unties the dime adds the string to the end of his string, and wins as
the world's richest man, by 5" of string.

In every story since than when Flinty appears, he and Scrooge are at war for the title of world's richest tycoon, and both have spies watching the other, when one
buys something, the other buys the same thing only
better. The only real differance between them is that
Scrooge tries to live by honesty (not always easy for
him...he'd like to forget he's an honest man), while Flinty will stop at nothing and often steals, cheats,
and lies to gain his wealth.

These 2 pictures comes form Flinty's first story...the
coloring is differant here, because this is from a rare
book and not a comic book...Flinty does not normaly have red hair. One shows his money bin, the other shows them
at the end of the race with their string. On first
appearances it would seem that this is the first time the 2 ever met....however, it must also be remembered that 85 year old Scrooge suffers from "Blinkus of the Thinkus" (alzhimers) and remembers very little of his past or even the past few days...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...and as we see here, the 2 ducks had meet many years earlier, in their mid-twenties, and were fighting even back then...you'll notice that Flinty only gets away
because Scrooge ran out of bullets, and is picking up
the used bullets to reload his gun with---Scrooge always
carries a gun and Bowie knife, (young Scrooge and old Scrooge), but he will never shoot at a person or animal,
because bullets cost money so he only shoots at things
he can pull the bullets out of, so he can reuse them...

This picture shows them once again fighting over the
string...and the rights to own the only poultry farm
that has square eggs., land by square chickens...
(note...this panel was edited for use in an article I wrote, so you can't read it straight though as several
panels are missing)

Message 149 of 1,514
latest reply

ant--

on another message board (not eBay) my ID is twighlightmanor, and mustangrockstar is a friend of mine over there...he's as 'bout as rabid a Scrooge fanatic as I am...like me his goal is to get everything...all 430,000 issues worldwide, he's actually the only other Scrooge fan I know besides myself and Keno who go off the deep end in our fanitisims, we ended up bidding against each other here on eBay a while back...he won X-(, but I'm not to upset about it because I know the book is now in very good hands and well be well taken care of, he is here on eBay but he said that the eBay boards are bit too "hostile" for his tastes, so he and I still talk on the other board instead.
Message 150 of 1,514
latest reply