eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

femmefan1946
Community Member

Re: IS IT WORTH WHILE HAVING A STORE ON EBAY?

in reply to freezebreath

The usually advised minimum to have a Store is 50-55 unique items. At 150 a week, 600 a month (?) you are well over than minimum.

Advantages are reduced fees, automatic relisting (if you choose Good Til Cancelled), the ability to sort by category , and no worries about when to have your listings end. And you set the price.

Disadvantages are no Fifty  Free Auctions, not knowing who your customer is until he buys (thus, no cancelling unwanted bidders), and occasionally finding something sells so fast you KNOW it was underpriced.

If you are just relisting the same 150 over and over, then a Store save a lot of work. If you are have many more than 150 books, then the more you have in your Store, the more sales you can make.

You can have auctions in a Store, but the concept works best with Fixed Price/ Good Til Cancelled.

Please use plain text.
freezebreath
Community Member

in reply to fun_comics9857

i can't see why anyone would use auctions over a store setting and if you are listing 150 things a week it would benefit you greatly from reduced fees and time saved from relisting.

Please use plain text.
fun_comics9857
Community Member

in reply to fun_comics9857
I have to take my words back today. In my message today they said they won't be letting us use our eBay bucks until it reaches $5 minimum. If you earn less then $5 bucks in your eBay Bucks at the end of the quarter then you just lose it. Fees are going up; both eBay and Pay Pal fees! Postal rates are going up, and UPS and FedEx also increasing their rates in 2014. So I take back what I previously said about auctions still be worth it. Next thing they'll be phasing out auctions; that's the next change coming. . .
Please use plain text.
fun_comics9857
Community Member

in reply to rha27
Of course it's worth having auctions. I think they are a vital part of eBay's future success. Without them I'd be looking elsewhere. I still like auctions and loosing auctions would only result in negative effects.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to starwars-place

Depending on what you sell its better to do 30 day listings with BINs and Best Offers functions. Auctions are becoming the gutter of ebay and all types of headaches arise from doing them IMO.

Please use plain text.
fun_comics9857
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to starwars-place

It really depends on what you plan on selling. How often you plan on selling. And if, after listing 150 items, you can make a profit. Most of the comic stores on eBay are just retailers selling excess inventory or just making extra sales online. If you have a lot of stuff to sell each week then probably a store would be ok. But if you just be selling things randomly or at various times, then you wouldn't need a store.

Please use plain text.
starwars-place
Community Member

IS IT WORTH WHILE HAVING A STORE ON EBAY?

Since Ebays fees are SO high do you think a store is the best route to go if listing 150 items a week? Are stores all BUY IT NOWS or can you do AUCTION style also?

Please use plain text.