spoonfork4.jpgspoonfork3.jpg

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

can someone please help me identify this items

spoonfork4.jpgspoonfork3.jpg

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Cell phone pics? I can see an R.... Do you have a camera with a Macro (close up) setting? They look interesting. Maybe someone else can see thru the blur.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You dont give a size,so Im assume they are some sort of cocktail food set. Could possibly be silver,but who can tell from thos epics of the mark. I think they are 1960s or so,and quite cool looking. Any markings on the box?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

10 pieces = 5 pair or 5 sets of 2. Who does that? Instead of sets of four... Metric country?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

10 pieces = 5 pair or 5 sets of 2. Who does that? Instead of sets of four... Metric country?

It looks like this was made in Japan, China, or Korea and in all those countries the number four is a terribly unlucky number, associated with death.  No one would ever give a gift of four of anything, but gifts that are sets of three or five are common.

I hasten to add that so far as I know, six and eight are fine in those countries and, of course, to my Western mind those multiples make more sense for a set of utensils.

As a side note, I once made a mistake with a Russian family because I didn't know (then) that flowers in an even number are used for funerals, and for all other occasions should be given in odd numbers. 

Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

not silver,metal marks for hard type grinder or stainless,  have you tested with a magnet

HINC HVMILIBVS VENIA

HINC RETRIBVTO SVPERBIS

MISERICORDIAS DOMINI IN AETERNVM CANTABO AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM
Message 9 of 9
latest reply