cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xaver Leitner Stilllife oil painting

I have what appears to be an original oil painting. The painting has a W.T. Burger Registry label on back and a. Burger Co stamp on the canvas back lower left. The artist signed in the upper left But the signature is printed - Xaver Leitner

MUNCHEN

There is a WT Burger registry number 47939. Any comments appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oh, I think it's authentic because it's not something that would anyone would trouble to fake. 

By that I mean, it is honestly presented as something for an ordinary consumer, a nice decorative piece, done by a student, doubtlessly modestly priced.  It is the sort of thing that has been sold, at various times, in department stores and the like. 

I've seen things from W.T. Burger before and I think I remember they were located somewhere in the midwest.  A Google search should bring up info on them.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure what your question is, since this is one of the most throughly identified paintings ever brought to this board.  Smiley Happy

"Munchen" is simply the city that we call Munich, in Germany.

A Google search brings up info on the artist, too.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just wanted to know if this is authentic and if it has any value.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Oh, I think it's authentic because it's not something that would anyone would trouble to fake. 

By that I mean, it is honestly presented as something for an ordinary consumer, a nice decorative piece, done by a student, doubtlessly modestly priced.  It is the sort of thing that has been sold, at various times, in department stores and the like. 

I've seen things from W.T. Burger before and I think I remember they were located somewhere in the midwest.  A Google search should bring up info on them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply