cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title of oil painting signed by Walton

OK..here's another oil painting on canvas that I have.  This time I can read the signature (Walton).  I have looked that up and cannot find this identical painting.  I'm trying to find the actual name of the print.  There's a similar one for sale on Ebay, but it's a lady by a lake.  Anyone?  Thanks so much in advance.

005 (1024x768).jpg

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is a mass produced formula painting.  You will find many similar with various names attached but none identical since it was hand done.  As such, it will not have a title. 

Be sure to look your gift horse in the mouth when receiving help.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

pillarboxred
Trailblazer

This is just potboiler art churned out in a workshop. Walton might be the person who painted it or just a name chosen to suit the place the picture was to be sold.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

This is a mass produced formula painting.  You will find many similar with various names attached but none identical since it was hand done.  As such, it will not have a title. 

Be sure to look your gift horse in the mouth when receiving help.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

OK...thanks so much!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hi there.  I also have a Walton oil painting in the same surround, the signature was cannot be just a random signature picked out of the air to suit the painting as my painting is so very similar.  It is very obviously by the same artist and signed accordingly, not a random signature at all. 🙂 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Im afraid Brad is right. This is a mass produced factory painting worth very little. There are literally zillions of them out there.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I was the Goodwill store today and saw a Walton with a lady and a little girl by a lake.  I did get a little excited because the painting looked old and it was like $100.  I said I'll go home and do research and maybe it could be something. The famous Walton artists I looked were  different types of paintings than these. These Waltons I agree are mass produced and the name Walton could be the name of the artist, but not a famous or valuable one.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about we give it a title? I suggest "Wishful Thinking" Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I have a painting also mother and daughter by the lake
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I have one very similar to yours but this time mother and daughter are looking at the sea I presume during hazy day also signed by Walton on canvass painting. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I own two signed by Walton in red permanent marker, and one signed Hinson. I paid $7 for the large and $25 each for the smaller ones. As long as you enjoy it's, it is valuable to you!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I am amused by comments Based on another's Comments Try this one European masters signed in red with a undercover name. THEIR STUDENTS. NORMALLY PAINTED THE Water sky & All Back round the Master or teacher added details  I wouldn't knock how long it takes to paint one of these  I had a friend who owned several Picasso's all done while he and Picasso drank together didn't hurt their value there is a very FAMOUS artist from france who painted on copper it is methodic and beautiful and when did THOUSANDS of lithos have no value these are originals even though slightly different sometimes

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I also have a Walton signed oil painting on canvass of a Victorian woman and child gazing out at the sea on a hazy day - you can see a shimmer of the sun shining through. The woman holds a basket and parasol. The foreground is marshy. Five seagulls are shown to be flying - 4 are small and one larger with more detail. Does yours have similar detail?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

The person you're replying to posted that one comment on May 16, 2016, and has not been back on-line here since then, not even once.  (You can click on the User ID to see this.)   I suppose you could try a private message, in the unlikely event that the person still "does" eBay at all.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply