cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWAROVSKI crystal bowl query

I am aware that once a piece of crystal or porcelain eg Lladro is chipped,  it loses it's value drastically.

I have a large and heavy Swarovski crystal bowl, weighing 1.8kgs,  with a tiny chip on the corner.  It's not noticeable.

My question is,  is it still worth selling?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, as long as you fully describe the chip and show clear photos of it.  If it truly is barely noticeable, someone will still be glad to get the bowl at suitably reduced price.  If the buyer cares to have it done later, the chip can be smoothed / polished away, too.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes!

If it displays well and carries a name like Swarovski, it will sell, there's lots of people out there that can't afford a great piece so will go for an item like this 🙂

Happy selling 🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your replies.    It's a pretty piece and the biggest Swarovski crystal I've ever owned.    Good to know there's hope.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Here's the crystal bowl.  Saw a few listed on ebay and gave me an idea on base price considering the tiny chip.  Only problem would be the cost of shipping which won't be cheap.IMG_1856.JPG

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Very pretty.  I looked it up and found it's been retired for over a decade and was (of course) pricey to begin with, so you should do fine with it, small chip and all.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The cost of shipping really isn't relevant except that you do have to consider that when pricing your item. If somebody wants it they will buy it.

Radine

Message 7 of 7
latest reply