cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help: selling 90s Montblanc, Pelikan pens

Being a newbie seller, I have listed 1995 Montblanc 164 ballpont pen Black with Gold trim(new, unused and authentic) for Buy It Now price of $200 – 225. I also listed a lot of two pre-1997 Pelikan Souveran R250 rollerball pens(new Blue-Black one in box, a very lightly used Green-Black one without boxes) for Buy It Now price of $235 – 250. I am in South Korea and sell worldwide that I charge flat rate shipping of $24. I listed each a few times but none was sold. If anyone had expertise in 90s German leans, I like to know what is the market values of the fine pens I have and your advise on selling them on eBay. Lastly I also like to know if I auction style listings may work better than fixed price ones for my pens.

Thank you, 

Jay

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Have you checked sold prices on items like yours, if any?  That would be one way to estimate value, although even there prices for the same item can vary depending on who needs it or sees the listing at any given time.  But if there are several to compare it is as good a way as any.    If you are aiming at an overseas market, the cost of shipping is a factor if buyers can find the same item locally.

Rita

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your advise. I almost never checked sold price recently but I do now before listing the same pens. Montblanc 164 ballpoint pens, either new and used, varies a lot so it is hard to find a reference price. Mine is mint Montblanc 164 from 1995 that is rarely found on eBay. I too think my shipping cost($24) is pricey considering the small package weighs only 300g(10 oz). They can buy similar ones located in US for free or less than 10 Dollars. That said, I am thinking about offering cheaper shipping option(int'l small 

packet). Then it will cost less than half of the fully tracked air parcel but the only snag is the package cannot be fully tracked until delivery in US or elsewhere. Thst is all I can do regarding international shipping. 

Jay 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sounds like a plan.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you Rita.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply