cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I return the money that I returned to the buyer but after that he received the parcel

I sent two parcels to my buyer on July 6th. July 31, he said that he did not receive them and I returned the money to him. It turned out that he received them later, he received them in late August. How do I return the money?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

How can I return the money that I returned to the buyer but after that he received the parcel

The only thing you can do is contact the buyer and ask them to pay again. You could mention it was your money that they received, not money from Paypal. They may think you are not out of pocket.  You could also send them a PP send money request.

Only if they genuinely believed that the rufund was some sort of insurance payout might they repay you. After this amount of time an ethical buyer should have repaid or contacted you already.

=============================================================
af," a reduntant, uneducated, diatribe spouting fool."
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I am assuming you had proof of shipment. Was there no tracking number? If you sent the packages in a timely manner and there is tracking information to verify that, it is out of your hands at that point. You may be able to guarantee quality or as described but surely you can't be held responsible for the delivery service not doing their job. In a similar situation, I would not have sent a refund.  I try to locate the parcels in the delivery system. With the USPS, a pkg. may occasionally tour the country before being delivered to their addressee and with tracking info.,  each post office it visits along the way will be recorded. The best you can do is apologize. It was kind of you to send refunds. Maybe your buyer will be kind enough to send back.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Was there no tracking number? If you sent the packages in a timely manner and there is tracking information to verify that, it is out of your hands at that point

Physically out of the seller's hands but the seller is still responsible till it arrives. It was this 'Not my problem' attitude that led to the ebay money back guarantee and the good sellers took responsibility long before it was forced on all of them.

I jave had the occasional package turn up after a refund and the buyer repay me. I only knew because they did repay me.

I do think it is possible that many people think Paypal refunds are paid by Paypal, not the seller. Buyers will take free money from a large company that they would not take from ordinary folks like themselves.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for respond. I am already sent email and request from PP. No answer few days already. If it will be $20-30- no problem , but I am talkind about over $200.   

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for reply. No I had the tracking numbers. Buyer seen tracking that parcel sent from departure country (Estonia), but Canadian post does not show tracking. I make application for investigation and I got message from Canadian postal service parcel was delivered later, after I was already fefund money to buyer. I am already sent request from PP,     Anything else I can do? Thanks, Vlad

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If that were me, I would call PayPal (it is possible--I've called them more than once)--and they are always helpful. Explain to their customer service representative what you have explained here. The "buyer" should not be allowed to have the item and a refund as well.  Keep us posted and good luck.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I agree about calling PayPal. Fortunately I have not had pkgs. "get lost" and only one irate buyer who didn't get her pkg. soon enough to suit her. I mailed it the day after payment received and although she was only an hour away, it toured several states before she got it. She was tracking it too and still got irate and DEManded a refund from me. There was no reasoning with her. She sent me nasty messages and left negative feedback which I refuse to respond to. Name calling uses too much negative energy. A call to eBay got the feedback removed. She filed a claim with PayPal and afteri reviewing the case, told me she had no case and shut it down. Now, as far as them reversing a refund, seems like that would be a good thing to do. I don't know why eBay started their Guarantee program but suspect it has something to do with their relationship with Amazon.com. They have had that policy a very long time. However, it does not mean you have to be subjected to abuse by buyers. You do good work. Stay calm, try to get resolve. In the meantime, don't worry about it. Keep us posted.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Agree. For sure.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

There is no way to reverse a PP refund. PP simply cannot do this.

The MBG policy was started because some sellers would not take responsibility for lost items without being forced to do so.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

OK. Thankfully I have not had the need to experience either.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply