cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denis Paul Noyer paintings

Hello everyone! I have not been able to find my paintings online. I recently purchased these from an estate sale and am interested in selling them. I'm afraid that I don't know much about art. But, I have been told that they are lithographs.  One has "AP" in bottom corner. The other is numbered. I would greatly appreciate any information and/or advice. Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

This is the third thread you've started on these.  You've had many views and many responses already:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/Denis-Paul-Noyer-paintings/m-p/27025168#M74972

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/Denis-Paul-Noyer-paintings/m-p/27023361

As has previously been said, not every work of art by every artist can be found on the internet.  In this case, however, there are numerous comparable works which is all you really need.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi, 

The one that is marked with the number 117/300 is a numbered edition print ie: 117 prints out of only 300 being printed and signed by the artist, but the one that is marked AP is a artist proof ie: an impression of a print taken in the printmaking process to see the current printing state of a plate while the plate is being worked on by the artist.

I hope this info helps 🙂

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You have described a proof rather than an artists proof. An artists proof is the same as the regular edition but is traditionally given to the artist so that he/she can have a copy. In recent years it is not uncommon for the a/p to be a means of simply stretching the edition...there can be up to 10 % of the regular edition size issued as artists proofs.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes indeed.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the information. I have asked before but was looking for additional info. Your answer is helpful.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you. I have asked this forum before and received some valuable information, but was hoping for a bit more. I'm getting the impression that some are annoyed by my second inquiry. However, you have assisted me, as well as one other. I believe this forum is to share the love of art and hopefully educate some. So thank you.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

There is nothing wrong with bumping a thread, asking for more input.  But when you start a new one you dismiss and ignore all the help you have already received.  You cause people do work on your behalf only to discover it had already been done.  "melda," for example, had already told you in one of your previous threads what the numbering and the "AP" indicated. 

Others had already said that it is unlikely you will find exactly these works, but you continue to expect that somehow, someone here will do it for you.   A cursory Google image search shows at least half a dozen Noyer works like these, just different women in different hats or settings, with sales records.  One often has to work with much less than that in trying to figure out the best way to handle a work.

And what "love of art" have you shared?  You bought these for resale and have expressed no interest in them beyond that, not in your May 26 thread, nor your May 29 thread, nor your thread today.

-

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I actually did not know that I could bump a thread. In the future I will. Thank you.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Click on your own user name and you will see all your threads and posts.  Pick the thread you want to reactivate, so to speak, by clicking on the thread title.  When the thread opens, click on "Reply" and type in BUMP.  You can add a few words if you like, such as, "Just a BUMP to see if anyone has more ideas, as I'm still working on this," or whatever is appropriate.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply