cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lucite/acrylic "million dollar sign" from instant fortunes inc

I have an acrylic/lucite dollar sign with one million dollars worth of de-minted currency. it is made by Instant Fortunes Inc, it was made in the 1970's, and also i heard that it even appeared on the tonight show. i was wondering if anyone has any more information on its value 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's an acrylic representation of a dollar sign with some shredded paper in it.  Hopt that helps  I Mean other than "OMG it's worth a gazillion dollars!"  what info would you expect to find.  Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply

it's a cool novelty piece for sure, but value...?

probably in the $30 neighborhood...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

I would think with the right hype, the full history, and marketed to include folks outside coins and paper money circles, you could squeeze a lot more than $30 out of that thing...

I did find one that has only $50K in currency...

Acrylic sculpture in the shape of a dollar sign that contains $50,000 in shredded United States currency.  The sculpture measures 5” by 6”.

eBay item 191031738656 sold January 15, 2014 at 14:07:19 PST for $31.00 plus shipping (United States).  Two bidders placed 3 bids.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@eviltwin666420 wrote:

I have an acrylic/lucite dollar sign with one million dollars worth of de-minted currency. it is made by Instant Fortunes Inc, it was made in the 1970's, and also i heard that it even appeared on the tonight show. i was wondering if anyone has any more information on its value 

in my spare time i can put all those pieces back together again with a little tape and become a millionaire !

'' JUST PASSING THROUGH ''
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

@*smedley* wrote:

I would think with the right hype, the full history, and marketed to include folks outside coins and paper money circles, you could squeeze a lot more than $30 out of that thing...

i'm sure you're right... my estimate came from what i think i might pay...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

hello Anthesmania anything you would like to know or if you would like to buy it you can email me 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply