cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

I acquired a 28g coin which is a dead ringer for the quarter ounce Royal Mint gold piece, but can't find anything like it on-line. Anyone know who made them and why?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

pics please

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

1/4 troy ounce = 7.78 grams.  Is your scale accurate?  Show some photos.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

Hi,

Yes, scales are good. It's 28.3g and 40 mm in diameter, pale golden. I presume its a base metal issue by a private issuer and not Royal Mint legal tender. And if so, I'm curious to know how legal it is to put a face value on a non-tender coin.

28 g, 40 mm28 g, 40 mmJuno ii.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

not gold

probably illegal in the UK

definitely fake

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

Definitely not gold! I just wondered if these were official souvenirs - I guess not if they can't be found by Google - and the legality of making them. Thanks guys; anyone else seen one or know their origin? (Westminster, Pobjoy, London Mint...).

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

my guess is that if they were official souvenirs, they'd 1) be easy to find on a search and 2) they would look good...

the color is very uneven and there are a bunch of spots that i wouldn't expect to find on something made by one of the companies you mentioned... way too many to be accounted for by bits of carp on the holder... there's also that huge die crack on the reverse...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

UK £25 Juno coin 2011

Are there any markings on the edge?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply