cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Usually when the chat was brought up it was made to sound like a place of perpetual warfare but you guys seem pretty reasonable to me. I'm not sure if me thinking you're reasonable is a good thing.

The stamp board was also a thing of legend, according to the old timers it was so out of controll ebay permanently eliminated it. So when ebay brought it back I went there to see if it would explode into warefare but it didn't.

It's probably good I didn't try to stir the pot over there because I've got a big bag of stamps that I'll probably need help with. When the time comes I might try posting a thread in this board. I think there are some peeps here who collect stamps and I might get more help from those who already know and hate me.

Message 121 of 11,869
latest reply

I really do have a rabbit but having him as an avatar is an act of psychological warfare. Buyers feel guilty about giving a rabbit.

Message 122 of 11,869
latest reply

That should have been,

"Buyers feel guilty about giving a rabbit a hard time."

That's another problem with this board, if you don't wear tin foil on your head ebay will steal words out of your mind while you are typing.

Message 123 of 11,869
latest reply

Most of the old chatters from the old board are good people, likeable and some very knowlegeable..

In that case, I hope they find their way over here.

So Johnny is the Class Clown here.. Nice!

Sorry, but he is the only entertainment that we could afford.  🙂

Message 124 of 11,869
latest reply

Many here remember smedley from years ago and would love to hear from him again.

thanks GAC... it's nice to be remembered... (who else is speaking of me? in vain i'm sure, at least some of the time) i was wondering where you ran off to...!!

(or... since a preposition isn't a good word to end a sentence with... i was wondering to where off you ran to a off to...)

(that's a joke...)

i have no idea if i'll post any more, it depends on the troll situtation... i'll lurk and see what develops...

Message 125 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

"That's another problem with this board, if you don't wear tin foil on your head ebay will steal words out of your mind while you are typing."

That could explain your problems typing Smokey? :^O

Also reminds me of a movie I saw the other day called "The Fourth Kind" about alien abductions in Alaska. Strange stuff. I keep thinking the Lady in the lead roll killed her hubby and kid but I can't explain away some of the other things? Weird. 

Message 126 of 11,869
latest reply

big-smokey
Enthusiast

B4, TINFOIL?? Someone told Me CELLOPHANE!
No wonder I'm having problems!

Southernstargems, I understand, Good entertainment doesn't come cheap!  ;o)

Message 127 of 11,869
latest reply

That's another problem with this board, if you don't wear tin foil on your head ebay will steal words out of your mind while you are typing.

Message 128 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

Have you ever noticed that you can't buy those hats on oBey?

I'm just saying............

Message 129 of 11,869
latest reply

"i have no idea if i'll post any more, it depends on the troll situtation... i'll lurk and see what develops..."

No need to lurk. It's obvious you trolls can post here too.

The Federal Reserve Bank Corporation has a dual mandate of maximum employment and low inflation neither of which are met by issuing excessive amounts of dollars….. Got Gold?
Message 130 of 11,869
latest reply

Look who's back... it's heron's boy toy !!!

all i see is "You are currently ignoring this member."... 🙂

Message 131 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

You know that one of the nicest features here is the "Ignore" option for those that bother you. Only problem with it is it's like missing a train wreck because you went a few streets out of your way. You just can't resist the spectacle....JMHO.

That and when others respond to someone you block you have to unblock them to know what's going on?

Message 132 of 11,869
latest reply

I think the photo in Post #156 would make a great condom ad.  Just add the words "I'm protected - are you?".

Message 133 of 11,869
latest reply

big-smokey
Enthusiast

That's a sharp looking hat... but I thin I'll wait until the ponsettias come out with those nice gold foil covered flower pots and use the pot as my "protection", anyone ever tried a kevlar foiled cover cap yet? I heard nothing gets in or out with one of those...

Message 134 of 11,869
latest reply

thanks GAC... it's nice to be remembered... (who else is speaking of me? in vain i'm sure, at least some of the time) i was wondering where you ran off to...!!

(or... since a preposition isn't a good word to end a sentence with... i was wondering to where off you ran to a off to...)

(that's a joke...)

i have no idea if i'll post any more, it depends on the troll situtation... i'll lurk and see what develops...

Truth be told, I'm not sure I remember why I "ran off".  But at the time, I considered cameo the "board boss" and he and I clashed over stupid stuff like blank vs. flan vs type I or II planchet.  I hope he's doing OK, although I fear he was very old at the time.

I'm not sure who of the oldest old timers are still here that you would remember.  There's jody, telephoto and numismagician.  I think towboater and larrymo predate me here.  Of course, those may not have been their ID's 5 years ago.  I'm sure you'd remember bleeper ponyboycurtis and iipnd, although I know ponyboy changed ID's.  Anyway They've not posted here in a while. , Henridelger (aka certifiedgoldcoins) might have known you as well.  But he has moved on as well.  Several of them post over on collectors universe or coin talk or the coin forgery ebay group.  But I don't stop by those places much.

Smokey, LOL!  I smoked my (hopefully) last cigarette this morning and I was just about to start a "better be nice to me" thread.  With chemical mediation, it's not as bad as when I go cold turkey.  But I've had good friends buy cigarettes and leave them on my desk.  So I know I can be a bear when I'm quitting.

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 135 of 11,869
latest reply