cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Ya i'm clear on the right.

LOL,, i'm almost scared to ask,,, whatta you mean by flanking?

Don’t worry it’s nothing dirty. LOL.  Flanking just means the right or left of “whatever”.

About your question...  If you’re talking about quoting someone’s post like I did with yours, then again, just go to the post you want to respond to and click reply on that post.  Above the dialog box click on the quote symbol -- which is in the middle of HTML and the face and what you’ll see is [ quote mid=”# # # # # # # # #”] which ID’s the poster, the actual post and ends with [ / quote].

I have a testing thread that I’ll bump up incase you and others want to mess around with some of the features, like posting a pic and so on.  I’m still not sure how to put a pic in the signature line, but… that’s another day.

Message 76 of 11,869
latest reply

Flanking is a military tactic where you attack the enemy from the sides forcing then to fight on multiple fronts.

In woman terms it probably means surrounding you so they can yell in both ears at the same time. It's probably the reason most cultures have given up on the idea of polygamy.

Message 77 of 11,869
latest reply

seascape0
Enthusiast

I have a testing thread that I’ll bump up incase you and others want to mess around with some of the features, like posting a pic and so on.  I’m still not sure how to put a pic in the signature line, but… that’s another day.

Got it Thanks!

Message 78 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

I think the "Reply" thing is a SNAFU on obeys end. I tried yesterday about four times and it kept telling me I couldn't post without some field filled in? When I looked at the line of info above, it would not be saying "Re: -THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM", Just "THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM", twice.

Message 79 of 11,869
latest reply

I think the "Reply" thing is a SNAFU on obeys end. I tried yesterday about four times and it kept telling me I couldn't post without some field filled in?

Yep, I had that happen to me every so often now.  Seems to be just another eBay glitch with no rhyme or reason.  If you close out of the reply box, thread and even the Discussion Board, then open the DB again and go to the thread and reply, it usually corrects itself.  You’ll probably come across more glitches as you go on.  Ahh, what fun...

Message 80 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

To insert up to a total of Two pics, you go to the lower tool bar at the top and click on the paper clip. :8}

Message 81 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

Toss yer cookies.

Ebay loves loading you up with cookies so they can spy on you. It's how they keep offering you stuff you might be interested in that you are never interested in.

Message 83 of 11,869
latest reply

To keep with the chicken theme, this one is for all you smokers out there.

If you had a picture-hosting site (assuming you don't as yet) like “Photobucket”, you can insert more than two pics in a post.  Comes in handy for various reasons and here are only two: (1) when needing advise on two coins and you wanted to post the Obv & Rev of each, and, (2) when selling you can insert any number of pics in the listings description for FREE.

If you or anyone else who hasn’t ventured the PB route, David’s tutorial that’s pinned [see the pushpin] at the beginning of the thread list will show you the ropes.  There’s even a thread you can test and make all the mistakes you want until you get the hang of it.

Btw, you're welcome. 

Message 84 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

WOW, a two day old thread with over a hundred posts already. Whood a thunk it? ?:|

Message 85 of 11,869
latest reply

If I want to post a link, does it go like this?

Cat Bowling

The Federal Reserve Bank Corporation has a dual mandate of maximum employment and low inflation neither of which are met by issuing excessive amounts of dollars….. Got Gold?
Message 86 of 11,869
latest reply

Ha! 101 on my first try!

The Federal Reserve Bank Corporation has a dual mandate of maximum employment and low inflation neither of which are met by issuing excessive amounts of dollars….. Got Gold?
Message 87 of 11,869
latest reply

WOW, a two day old thread with over a hundred posts already. Whood a thunk it? ?:|

Yes, and such useful and interesting posts, too! I haven't been this delighted since the booksellers arrived to spew and vent here. At least these guys (I assume they're guys) don't post thousand-word cut-and-pastes from Huffington Post. Yet.

Message 88 of 11,869
latest reply

ho

Message 89 of 11,869
latest reply

Yes, and such useful and interesting posts, too! I haven't been this delighted since the booksellers arrived to spew and vent here. At least these guys (I assume they're guys) don't post thousand-word cut-and-pastes from Huffington Post. Yet.

Aw, you're no fun!  The cat bowling was worth the price of admission alone!  😉

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 90 of 11,869
latest reply