cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

b4wemet
Trailblazer

I think I may have stumbled upon a niche in the error field that has gone pretty much unnoticed until recently. I have a LOT of coins with un-even sandwiching that are in MUCH better condition than the ones I've seen for sale on ebay. I'm hesitant to reveal this potentialy profitable discovery, but know that you guys will have the best objective views and possible marketing strategies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1776-1976-d-U-S-Mint-Kennedy-half-dollar-error-edge-rim-collar-bicentennial-...

Message 8611 of 11,869
latest reply

I think I may have stumbled upon a niche in the error field that has gone pretty much unnoticed until recently. I have a LOT of coins with un-even sandwiching that are in MUCH better condition than the ones I've seen for sale on ebay. I'm hesitant to reveal this potentialy profitable discovery, but know that you guys will have the best objective views and possible marketing strategies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1776-1976-d-U-S-Mint-Kennedy-half-dollar-error-edge-rim-collar-bicentennial-...

That's a fine looking coin!  😉

At first, I though he might have a partial collar strike, but looking at it closer I'm voting for whatever caused that FINE... uh,... "patina"... on the coin corroded away a bit of the copper faster than the copper-nickel.  BUPOS, but it's worth 50¢!

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 8612 of 11,869
latest reply

Those aren't the same idiots that predicted the end of the world last year, I hope. Of course they were right on predicting my health issues.  :^O

if by some chance you're talking about the Mayan calendar, the Mayan's didn't predict the end of the world... that was some "intelligent" person in the 70's who noticed that the Mayan calendar ended in 2012 and started saying that meant the world would end...

Message 8613 of 11,869
latest reply

It's probably been 20 years since my surgery. Give or take a year or two. I had two discs repaired and I had my veribrae opened up with laser surgery. My CAT scan showed that the opening through the vertibrie was "choking" my nerves that passed through them. When I was a kid, the doctors told my dad to buy a sheet of plywood to put under my matress to give me more support when I slept. That helped somewhat. I still get minor backaches and have excersizes to do to get relief. I don't have nearly the pain I had gone through before my surgery though.

20 years is a long time. I had no idea they had laser then. That does sound painful your nerves being choked. Ive always thought that was a myth having a plywood to help out on the back. Right now dont need plywood for my bed  matress is hard enough. Bought me  Theraputic bed biggest mistake in my life. Harder than a rock. What type of exercise do you do. I tried Gacookes idea and now I think I dislocated my hip:-D Im happy to hear that it feels a lot better than before

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 8614 of 11,869
latest reply

jody526
Thrill-Seeker

"I tried Gacookes idea and now I think I dislocated my hip"

"Aren't you suppossed to be out driving a truck or something jody?"

amrad78

Message 8615 of 11,869
latest reply

"I tried Gacookes idea ...

well heck, that was your first mistake...!!

(sorry gary, i couldn't resist!!!)

Message 8616 of 11,869
latest reply

Message 8617 of 11,869
latest reply

I installed a padded 45 degree wedge in front of my chair so I can pass out and just slide down onto the floor without any harmful impact. If I'm good enough to stand and walk there's no chance on me passing out but since alcohol can have a delayed reaction I try not to drink for 10 minutes before driving a car if I've already had more than 12 beers.

Better safe than sorry later. And what happens if you miss it completely?

Message 8618 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

Hi Amy. I think Johnny was implying that I'm older than dirt when he mentioned plywoods purpose for being designed along with the time frame that it occured. The thing that helps me most is laying flat on my back with my feet elevated. I use the couch and just lay there for 15 to 20 min. Works wonders for my ailments. 😉 Have a good evening. I just got home from skating and am ready for bed.

**poof**

Message 8619 of 11,869
latest reply

Better safe than sorry later. And what happens if you miss it completely?

him fall down go boom

Message 8620 of 11,869
latest reply

good night be safe and enjoy

Message 8621 of 11,869
latest reply

Ive always thought that was a myth having a plywood to help out on the back.

Not a myth but perhaps outdated. Old beds had springs stretched across from the headboard to the foot board so no matter how firm the mattress was it sagged in the middle like a hammock. New beds have a hard box spring that the mattress sits on and gets supported evenly. So I don't think the plywood makes a difference on a new bed.

The new beds are better for your back I guess but they have robbed generations of children from having a good bed to jump on. The old ones provided the spring you needed to fly across the room like superman and crack your skull open. They old ones also do a lot of creaking so you know what your guests are up to and either put a stop to it or peep through the keyhole which is where old locks come in handy. 

Message 8622 of 11,869
latest reply

well heck, that was your first mistake...!!

(sorry gary, i couldn't resist!!!)

No problem!

Although I threw in a disclaimer:

......you want to be relying on your doctor's advice there, rather than getting too much advice from internet posters with no medical training.

I'm thinking I deserve to be smacked upside the head

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 8623 of 11,869
latest reply

jody526
Thrill-Seeker

Benjamin Franklin's Great Seal Design

http://www.greatseal.com/committees/firstcomm/reverse.html

"Aren't you suppossed to be out driving a truck or something jody?"

amrad78

Message 8624 of 11,869
latest reply

Ive always thought that was a myth having a plywood to help out on the back.

Not a myth but perhaps outdated. Old beds had springs stretched across from the headboard to the foot board so no matter how firm the mattress was it sagged in the middle like a hammock. New beds have a hard box spring that the mattress sits on and gets supported evenly. So I don't think the plywood makes a difference on a new bed.

The new beds are better for your back I guess but they have robbed generations of children from having a good bed to jump on. The old ones provided the spring you needed to fly across the room like superman and crack your skull open. They old ones also do a lot of creaking so you know what your guests are up to and either put a stop to it or peep through the keyhole which is where old locks come in handy. 

Your right about newer beds.Its so true. I prefer the older ones.

Although I threw in a disclaimer:

......you want to be relying on your doctor's advice there, rather than getting too much advice from internet posters with no medical training.

I missed that part.

Message 8625 of 11,869
latest reply