cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

From your wikilink:

Sciatica is a set of symptoms rather than a diagnosis for what is irritating the root of the nerve, causing the pain.

Years ago, I suffered several severe attacks of sciatica.  When the third one started, I went to my wife's chiropractor.  She dis an examination and used this pressure actuator thingy and the pain had subsided by the end of the day.

She told me I had a dislocated right hip and showed me a simple exercise to prevent or fix it.  I lay or sit and cross my right leg over my left knee.  Then I grab my right knee and pull it towards me and to the left.  If it was dislocated, I would feel a small pop, and it would be alll better.  

With age, the hip has gotten slightly arthritic.  A single glucosamine/condroitin pill every day seems to have fixed that (for now).

MORAL:  Stretch and pace your self with frequent rests when you are SHOVELLING SNOW!

I believe I damaged my hip in the first place shovelling my driveway in Pittsburgh during the very snowy winter of 1978.  A winter that included the Blizzard of '78

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_United_States_blizzard_of_1978

Back then we thought we were heading into a new ice age:

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/newsweeks-1975-article-about-the-coming-ice-age

:^O

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 8596 of 11,869
latest reply

From your wikilink:

Sciatica is a set of symptoms rather than a diagnosis for what is irritating the root of the nerve, causing the pain.

Years ago, I suffered several severe attacks of sciatica.  When the third one started, I went to my wife's chiropractor.  She dis an examination and used this pressure actuator thingy and the pain had subsided by the end of the day.

She told me I had a dislocated right hip and showed me a simple exercise to prevent or fix it.  I lay or sit and cross my right leg over my left knee.  Then I grab my right knee and pull it towards me and to the left.  If it was dislocated, I would feel a small pop, and it would be alll better.  

With age, the hip has gotten slightly arthritic.  A single glucosamine/condroitin pill every day seems to have fixed that (for now).

MORAL:  Stretch and pace your self with frequent rests when you are SHOVELLING SNOW!

I believe I damaged my hip in the first place shovelling my driveway in Pittsburgh during the very snowy winter of 1978.  A winter that included the Blizzard of '78

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_United_States_blizzard_of_1978

Back then we thought we were heading into a new ice age:

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/newsweeks-1975-article-about-the-coming-ice-age

:^O

I had gone to a chiro, They did xrays. They found at the end of my back bone was turning into a J shape hitting my nerves. I also had an MRI all that good stuff done. From what they told me my back is totaled. buldging herinated disc and some other stuff. Mine is from heavy work with my family buisness and accidents.. My back I can handle. Im used of the pain. But now I'm most concerned is buttock area. Thats new. I've been taking every other day aleve.

After reading your post Im going to try doing those exercise to see if that will help.Also those pills that you mentioned. Where do you get them and how much do they cost. I thank you for the help and suggestions. I dont have medicaid medicare things like that. I have to pay for everything so on a tight budget when it comes to things like that. One of the reasons why I did the gym thing 10.00 plus tax a month. Chiro costed me for the first over a 100.00 then after 35.00 dollars a day for half an hour.

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 8597 of 11,869
latest reply

BTW I dont have snow, Just yard work. Which I  try getting out of. Terrible allergies to that stuff.

Message 8598 of 11,869
latest reply

Amy, you hurt your back carrying all those monster boxes of gold coins down into your vault. You need to stop doing it yourself and let the butler do it.

Message 8599 of 11,869
latest reply

The glucosamine and condroytin are on the shelf with the vitamins.  They sell them separately, and they also put something called MSM in some of the mixes too.  I don't know what, if anything that does.  They're a bit pricey but I only take one a day.  (I think most of them say 4 a day).  I noticed it helped with one bottle, so it might be worth a try.

I didn't see that you had said you had a herniated disc.  If you've had that looked at and treated as best you can, you want to be relying on your doctor's advice there, rather than getting too much advice from internet posters with no medical training.

😛

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 8600 of 11,869
latest reply

Amy, you hurt your back carrying all those monster boxes of gold coins down into your vault. You need to stop doing it yourself and let the butler do it.

Johnny I did hire a butler. But he was stealing from me. So I had to let him go. I hired another one but the ding bat fell down the stairs. So it just me for now.

Message 8601 of 11,869
latest reply

My mother does some stretches before getting out of bed in the morning. Pulling your knees toward your chest and such. Apparently springing right out of bed in the morning can stress your hinges, joints and bushings as you get older. She reports feeling much better.

I have no such problems, I usually pass out on the floor and hard surfaces are good for your back. In the morning I usually wreathe around for awhile before crawling and then walking which puts me through the full evolutionary progression of movement before reaching the upright position of homosapien. Some coffee and cigarettes cures any remaining ailments.

Message 8602 of 11,869
latest reply

The glucosamine and condroytin are on the shelf with the vitamins.  They sell them separately, and they also put something called MSM in some of the mixes too.  I don't know what, if anything that does.  They're a bit pricey but I only take one a day.  (I think most of them say 4 a day).  I noticed it helped with one bottle, so it might be worth a try.

I didn't see that you had said you had a herniated disc.  If you've had that looked at and treated as best you can, you want to be relying on your doctor's advice there, rather than getting too much advice from internet posters with no medical training.

😛

Do they have any side affects?Im going to look into it tomarrow. Thiers not much they can do for a herniated disc. Only surgery and right now Im not even going to consider that.

Sometimes its better to get advice from internet posters than DR, Posters might have gone through the same thing. And thiers no interest invovled Dr well different story. I've had bad experiences with DR.

Message 8603 of 11,869
latest reply

My mother does some stretches before getting out of bed in the morning. Pulling your knees toward your chest and such. Apparently springing right out of bed in the morning can stress your hinges, joints and bushings as you get older. She reports feeling much better.

I have no such problems, I usually pass out on the floor and hard surfaces are good for your back. In the morning I usually wreathe around for awhile before crawling and then walking which puts me through the full evolutionary progression of movement before reaching the upright position of homosapien. Some coffee and cigarettes cures any remaining ailments.

I'm surprized you dont, When you pass out are you standing?or just sitting lying thier.

Message 8604 of 11,869
latest reply

I installed a padded 45 degree wedge in front of my chair so I can pass out and just slide down onto the floor without any harmful impact. If I'm good enough to stand and walk there's no chance on me passing out but since alcohol can have a delayed reaction I try not to drink for 10 minutes before driving a car if I've already had more than 12 beers.

Message 8605 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

Good Morning Everyone,

We finally got some snow but not enough to worry about throwing my back out when I shovel. I had to have surgery for my back, many moons ago. My back finally gave out when I was bending down to remove a gas cap. I've had problems my whole life and that's what finally did me in. There was herniated discs and sciatic nerve pain that was intolerable. I had other issues also but I never felt better than when I woke up from surgery being pain free.

Message 8606 of 11,869
latest reply

Good Morning Everyone,

We finally got some snow but not enough to worry about throwing my back out when I shovel. I had to have surgery for my back, many moons ago. My back finally gave out when I was bending down to remove a gas cap. I've had problems my whole life and that's what finally did me in. There was herniated discs and sciatic nerve pain that was intolerable. I had other issues also but I never felt better than when I woke up from surgery being pain free.

GOOD MORNING.

B4 I never knew  that, Are you still pain free? Aint that something over a gas cap. When did you have surgery?

Message 8607 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

It's probably been 20 years since my surgery. Give or take a year or two. I had two discs repaired and I had my veribrae opened up with laser surgery. My CAT scan showed that the opening through the vertibrie was "choking" my nerves that passed through them. When I was a kid, the doctors told my dad to buy a sheet of plywood to put under my matress to give me more support when I slept. That helped somewhat. I still get minor backaches and have excersizes to do to get relief. I don't have nearly the pain I had gone through before my surgery though.

Message 8608 of 11,869
latest reply

I thought plywood was only invented recently but I was wrong here is what wikipedia has to say.

Plywood was invented around 3400 B.C. by the Ancient Mesopotamians, who attached several thinner layers of wood together to make one thick layer. They originally did this to help B4 with his back pain during a shortage of quality wood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plywood

Message 8609 of 11,869
latest reply

b4wemet
Trailblazer

I thought plywood was only invented recently but I was wrong here is what wikipedia has to say.

Plywood was invented around 3400 B.C. by the Ancient Mesopotamians, who attached several thinner layers of wood together to make one thick layer. They originally did this to help B4 with his back pain during a shortage of quality wood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plywood

Those aren't the same idiots that predicted the end of the world last year, I hope. Of course they were right on predicting my health issues.  :^O

Message 8610 of 11,869
latest reply