cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

big-smokey
Enthusiast

Gacooke, Ahem, Are You Really Really Sure Quitting Smokey is the right thing to do???  😉

Might be a dumb idea but I would like to issue a challenge in here, in a week to 10 days ( or maybe less if yours is done early) , We have a Best HomemadeTinfoil Hat Contest!  Most Original, Most Popular or whatever,etc., etc.

Don't ask what the prizes are because I don't have any prizes! 

Message 136 of 11,869
latest reply

cameo's doing ok... i talk to him every now and then...

the last time i posted in the discussion area was many years ago... and that was with my original feebay id, which got NARUed due to crap that started in here... oh well, dallasfed happens...

but even so, i didn't post in here for very long (a few months i think) before dallasfed happened... so, i really don't remember any of the id's you posted... although a couple sound familar...

good to see you...

Message 137 of 11,869
latest reply

TINFOIL?? Someone told Me CELLOPHANE!
No wonder I'm having problems!

Tinfoil is for keeping thoughts in. Cellophane is for keeping something else in when you can't afford both beer and "protection".

Message 138 of 11,869
latest reply

I know I'm forgetting folks.  n.s.sherlock was a long time but infrequent poster.  Haven't seen him in a while.  buster44 used to post in both places back when I switched.  What's become of him? 

On the coin chat I'm remembering crossover.  He was still posting with you guys the last time I peeked in.  And that "kid" from Vegas,  coinjester?  I think that was his name.  Bee coins?  was that one thing he collected?

"climate is what we expect weather is what we get"
M. Twain

Message 139 of 11,869
latest reply

Gary you better research what you're taking, chantix causes some people to go psychotic. So if you start hearing voices telling you to kill people you may want to visit your doctor.

There was a smoking "vaccine" some years ago that operated by destroying the receptors in your brain that get pleasure from cigarettes. Kinda like a chemical lobotomy. Problem was those receptors werent just for smoking they did other things like make you want to do stuff like continue living. They quietly stopped using that one.

Message 140 of 11,869
latest reply

I know I'm forgetting folks.  n.s.sherlock was a long time but infrequent poster.  Haven't seen him in a while.  buster44 used to post in both places back when I switched.  What's become of him?

On the coin chat I'm remembering crossover.  He was still posting with you guys the last time I peeked in.  And that "kid" from Vegas,  coinjester?  I think that was his name.  Bee coins?  was that one thing he collected?

buster quit posting on the chat years ago... no idea what's up with him, other than he got married a while back...

crossover's posting on our private chat... he's still crossover... LMAO

you're thinking of spirityoda... AFAIK he's still doing his coins with insects and other topical collections....

coinjester and bs are the ones who started the private chat...

most of my focus is on my world birthyear set (around 75% complete) and my slabbed (PCGS/NGC) morgan set (71% complete)... i have other sets/collections that i continue to add to... Hawaii exo, coin paperweights, counterstamps, ANA exo, a few others...

Message 141 of 11,869
latest reply

Might be a dumb idea but I would like to issue a challenge in here, in a week to 10 days ( or maybe less if yours is done early) , We have a Best HomemadeTinfoil Hat Contest!  Most Original, Most Popular or whatever,etc., etc.
Don't ask what the prizes are because I don't have any prizes! 

If you’re serious, you should start it in a new thread.  No prize? 😞  Well, that’s cool.  It may dampen participation, which could be a good thing for those who are playing.  If the tin hat doesn't pan out, try to think of something else.

During the Christmas holidays last year DaveyDempsey had a contest in which he posted a pic of various coins and we had to guess the total amount in £ or Euros.  Winner received the coins.  It was a lot of fun and our friend from Greece won them which we were happy about. 

See what you started B4… lol

Message 142 of 11,869
latest reply

Gary you better research what you're taking, chantix causes some people to go psychotic.

No Chantix for me.  Welbutrin, which was originally tested on schizophrenics, eliminates the physical addiction for me.  I'm told it is only effective on 5% of the smokers.  But it is effective on getting 60% of the schizophrnics to quit smoking, even though it didn't help their psychosis.

As long as it keeps Angry Gary from making a visit, we won't ask too many questions.X-( 😉

Yeah.  Spirityoda!  Don't know why i conflated him with coinjester.

M. Twain

Message 143 of 11,869
latest reply

big-smokey
Enthusiast

Maybe a Idiot's Guide To Coin Collecting would be an appropriate??

Message 144 of 11,869
latest reply

I liked angry Gary.

Message 145 of 11,869
latest reply

big-smokey
Enthusiast

Gacooke, a respiratory therapist I used to know told me about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinacea , you can get this stuff in lozenges, and if you smoke while you take it cigarettes will taste terrible, makes the pleasure of smoking a thing of the past..

Message 146 of 11,869
latest reply

I agree.  I tried Chantix around three ago and it did nothing for me.  A total waste.

I also went the Welbutrin route years ago.  I was told it was an anti-depressant, so I guess it was for depressed psychotics?  It worked great for a while, which I attributed it to being all hyped up about this miracle drug, then… the pressure at work drove me back to the cigs.

Key is timing.  You need to be ready and committed.  Does that sound like you?

Good luck, Mr up and coming Bear. 😛

Message 147 of 11,869
latest reply

big-smokey
Enthusiast

Pack food, fishing pole, etc., NO GUNS!!! ( while you are trying to quit smoking )  take a week to however long that you can take off from work, have someone drive you to a area far far away from anywhere that you can get cigarettes and go cold turkey..

Message 148 of 11,869
latest reply

Pack food, fishing pole, etc., NO GUNS!!! ( while you are trying to quit smoking )  take a week to however long that you can take off from work, have someone drive you to a area far far away from anywhere that you can get cigarettes and go cold turkey..

That won't work for me Smokey.  I didn't start camping, hiking, climbing, fishing, canoing and all my outdoor activities until I was already a smoker.  I've hiked the tallest spot in Colorodo and lit up on the top.  I once paddled a canoe 20 miles (round trip) for cigarettes (well, there was beer too).

Two quits ago, I'd gone 2 months without a cigarette and I went on a fishing trip.  I couldn't leave town until I'd bought a pack.

Nope, the outdoor activities will have to wait a bit and be done under supervision for the first couple of times.

M. Twain

Message 149 of 11,869
latest reply

nss is stll a regular over at the CFe group.  I don't post there often either, mostly because my skills set is of minimal utility to them - there's far more expert people around over there on that subject - other than doing occasional work ferreting out related IDs in scam-rings, and asking about something suspicious looking I've come across in the listings.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 150 of 11,869
latest reply