cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hey.

Message 2 of 11,869
latest reply

Actually I prefer the Discussion Board format.

First, I can select the topics I wish to visit and (maybe) comment on. I don't have to wade through other topic and try to find the pieces that continue a thread.

Second, chat rooms turn out to be as much a socializing place as numismatic discussions. I don't really have a problem with that. Some of it is downright interesting. But it still causes problems with trying to follow a thread.

Third, the Discussion Boards tend to limit or discourage trolls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 3 of 11,869
latest reply

cool.

Message 4 of 11,869
latest reply

calm

Message 5 of 11,869
latest reply

cucumber

Message 6 of 11,869
latest reply

Ya know, the guy that started this thread really shuld be remembered, or honored, if you will. We should have a plaque, or a small bust made for the "legends" room, or... I know! Give out disposible dental pics with his likeness on it!

Until we figure something out, I'll pop a cap, raise a toast, and say "here's to you Mr. Chat Room thinkin' of and makin' Guy!"

Thank's Ted!

Message 7 of 11,869
latest reply

Hi Daveroo,

I also prefer the DB format, although ours could use improvement. But there is enough room in this world to make everyone happy, so if people want to chat, I say OK lets chat.

Message 8 of 11,869
latest reply

Agreed.

I tossed in my share of social chatter.

But if I want to discuss a numismatic topic it's difficult to scan posts to find ones that are on topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 9 of 11,869
latest reply

I tried the chat room several times.  There was one poster who posted long winded posts, ya da ya da ya da, blah blah blah.  Then there was one who said he was a liberal and said he was mean and nasty if I remember correctly.  Yes there were a few trolls over there.  It was quite a social venue.  Well, win some, lose some.  RIP

Message 10 of 11,869
latest reply

The problem with the Coin and Paper Money chat room was "What Andy Said".

The good folks were chased away by a clique of unemployed bums that shared a dependancy on government more than an interest in collectible and investment money. I like this discussion board forum much better because the trolls can ignore what they can't stand to read.

Great idea! 

I kinda like this guy already...!

Everybody was Kung Flu fighting...
Message 11 of 11,869
latest reply

Daveroo... looks like this place has its own trolls also !!!

Message 12 of 11,869
latest reply

I was being facetious...:|

Everybody was Kung Flu fighting...
Message 13 of 11,869
latest reply

Good, because dallass and blew heron are enough !!!!

Sorry !!

Message 14 of 11,869
latest reply

seascape0
Enthusiast

Cool,, lets talk Harley's. I have 2. A 2001 Heritage Softail and 2005 Springer. Both 88" motors and fuel injected. I'm running a power commander (makes it run fat) and a .203 screamin eagle cam in my Heritage. I've rode about 33 states.

Anybody else ride?

Here is me and a couple buds on a 10 day ride ,, some old folks asked us to take theyre pic so i did,,than they talked to us for about an hr ,, wanted our pic,, and took this shot on my camera for us after she got her shot of us.

Guess which one's me?

Message 15 of 11,869
latest reply