cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Is anybody akive in here? I used to be a member of this community, years ago....

Message 11626 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola Svessian: your post of 28 Junio 2016 0956hrs:  Yes, there are a few folks

remaining on the Coin & Paper Money chatting bjord.   Heron started on the old

Coin board in Jan 1999.  Many folks have appeared and disappeared.  Soon this

chatting place might be same as the Button Board? Quizas? Quien Sabe?

xx

Message 11627 of 11,869
latest reply

@svessien wrote:

Is anybody akive in here? I used to be a member of this community, years ago....

*raises hand*

Message 11628 of 11,869
latest reply

Not really 

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 11629 of 11,869
latest reply

@svessien wrote:

How about posting something that starts a discussion?

Message 11630 of 11,869
latest reply

You're from Norway right? I'm still alive. Getting ready to celebrate the Fourth of July. Heard fireworks Friday night.
Message 11631 of 11,869
latest reply

bought a mixed lot of US silver for one coin...

one of the remainder, which i was planning to resell, appears to be a Fair-2 01-S quarter...

it's going to NGC...

Message 11632 of 11,869
latest reply

100_3535.JPG

100_3536.JPG

Message 11633 of 11,869
latest reply

SWEET!

Message 11634 of 11,869
latest reply

well, we'll see... i'm withholding excitement until i get it slabbed... i called NGC to get some submission forms, they should be here tomorrow or Thursday... get it in the mail Friday, they'll have it Monday... 12 day turnaround, so i expect to have it back by the end of the month...

Message 11635 of 11,869
latest reply

News from the Wall Street Journal of 9 Julio 2016 Page A-12:

This morning, Sat 9 Julio 2016, Heron was perusing the Obits and discovered the following

obit:

"Chester Krause 1923 - 2016"...

There might have been someone that posted this informacion but Heron did not see it.

Mr. Krause died 25 Junio 2016 at age 92. 

Heron remembers some of the first publications created by Mr. Krause in the 1950s.

R.I.P.

Message 11636 of 11,869
latest reply

I have some roman silver and a few other nice coins for sale for cheap if anyone is interested??

Message 11637 of 11,869
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

well, we'll see... i'm withholding excitement until i get it slabbed... i called NGC to get some submission forms, they should be here tomorrow or Thursday... get it in the mail Friday, they'll have it Monday... 12 day turnaround, so i expect to have it back by the end of the month...

got it in the mail today along with a counterstamped 1805 quarter and an engraved 1868 SLD...

Message 11638 of 11,869
latest reply

Nice find Smedley!  At first I thought it might be an O but blew it up good and it does appear to be a well worn S.  Congrats if it comes back as such!

There are three kinds of people in life....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen and those that wonder what happened. Which group do you belong?
Message 11639 of 11,869
latest reply

@koincollektor wrote:

Nice find Smedley!  At first I thought it might be an O but blew it up good and it does appear to be a well worn S.  Congrats if it comes back as such!

yep, definitely an S, and i'm pretty sure both the coin and mintmark are authentic, but not 100%... plus, it'll be worth more in an NGC slab...

as to your tag line, depends on the day... LOL

Message 11640 of 11,869
latest reply