cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

@impalajohnny wrote:

@*smedley* wrote:

@impalajohnny wrote:

there aren't any hills because it's florida.

what part?

I don't think there are hills in any part but I am alternating between west orlando and a place called mount dora. Which is not a hill and certainly not a mountain.

i'm about 90 minutes SW... i just waved to you, didja see me??

Message 11611 of 11,869
latest reply

I have cousins in Tampa and should probably try to go visit before I leave. And my friend here wants to go look at property in tarpon springs, she vacationed there as a child. I hae lots of stuff going on so not sure I'll do the trip but if it happens it would be cool to stop by and have a beer or hit a local coin shop on the way.

Message 11612 of 11,869
latest reply

@b-17blinker wrote:

Have you checked out the monthly Mount Dora classic car show?

Do you mean the cars and guitars thing at Rennigers? I have not attended that yet. I was also told by the classic car museum in mount dora that there is a monthly show at the villiages which would be the best place to sell a car. I have not attended that either. I should be going to these sorts of events since I shipped down an ole lincoln and am planning to sell it. All I hae done is made a video with a donkey.

https://youtu.be/y73sO82q4A4

Message 11613 of 11,869
latest reply

El heron probably remembers those old lincolns from interesting events like mafia meetings and the kennedy assination. And I think 1964 was the last year they built cars out of silver, from 1965 onward cars have been copper nickel clad. Except kennedy convertibles and half dollars which were 40% until 1970.

Message 11614 of 11,869
latest reply

great video John- I'm surprised the donkey was not sitting down 😉  hope you get the car sold!

Message 11615 of 11,869
latest reply

@impalajohnny wrote:

@b-17blinker wrote:

Have you checked out the monthly Mount Dora classic car show?

Do you mean the cars and guitars thing at Rennigers? I have not attended that yet. I was also told by the classic car museum in mount dora that there is a monthly show at the villiages which would be the best place to sell a car. I have not attended that either. I should be going to these sorts of events since I shipped down an ole lincoln and am planning to sell it. All I hae done is made a video with a donkey.

https://youtu.be/y73sO82q4A4

Nothing could have drawn me out of the high grass faster than the rabbit saying he made a video with a donkey 🙂 Kind of sad he had such a poor showing. He was kind of handsome donkey.

lol   lol  lol

Message 11616 of 11,869
latest reply

I made an even better video with a sheep but can only show it on "special" websites.

Message 11617 of 11,869
latest reply

I am being very quiet now. Smiley LOL

Message 11618 of 11,869
latest reply

Hello, I have some old coins....was wondering if anyone can let me know if they are valuable.

Message 11619 of 11,869
latest reply

@simonian862 wrote:

Hello, I have some old coins....was wondering if anyone can let me know if they are valuable.

post clear pics of both sides... please, not two pics for each coin... put multiple coins in each pic and keep them in the same place as you flip them over to take a pic of the other side...

Message 11620 of 11,869
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

@simonian862 wrote:

post clear pics of both sides... please, not two pics for each coin... put multiple coins in each pic and keep them in the same place as you flip them over to take a pic of the other side...

@simonian862

Old coins are valuable.  They are worth anywhere from 1¢ to $MILLIONS.  It all depends on the coin and the condition.

Do you want to know more?

Message 11621 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola ImpalaJuan!  Your post of 12 Marzo 2016 2222 hours:  Heron does indeed remember some a those

older Lincolns!  Especially the Lincoln Continentales.  Also the Lincolns used in the inaugural parade for

Hairy Truman 1949.  Heron was 12 years olt.  Also the 1953 inaugural for Eisenhauser.  Fun days but

somewhat chilly in Warshindon DZ in Yanuarys. 

Silver auters?  There was a James Bund movie that featured an autter made of gold. Heron remembers

a title of Goldflinger,perhaps, nyuknyuk!  However, United States of Amerigo di Vespucci coins minted

from 1965 onward have been made of low grade metals, por seguro.  Pure Copper tokens would be

mucho besser.  OPINION.   Regardos...

Message 11622 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola El Heron,

Lincoln convertible has been sold to a buyer from Dallas of all places. Great guy but of the younger generation and as such more interested in the raw coolness of the car than the understated class. But I think will be a good owner, and we need young men with the enegry to preserve our interestes and percive them as cool.

Coin collecting would be percieved in a much better light amoung the young if all collectors were like el heron. In my opinion.

Message 11623 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola ImpalaJuan!  your post of 11 Junio 2016 1707:  Congrats on sale of your Lincoln

Convert.  Nice work!   When Heron was a young lad he thought the Lincolns were the

best designs existing at the time.  [The Dusenbergs and other nice autos from the 1930s

had disappeared from the marketplace by 1940.  Heron even remebers a Cord owned

by one of our neighbors...!]

Thank you for the nice words re coin  collecting.  Heron tries to impart his joy of coin

collecting to others.  Perhaps the enthusiasm will generate some sparks in a few of

the younger collectors...? Quizas? Perhaps?

Hang tough.   Heron.

Message 11624 of 11,869
latest reply

Can anybody post a link to the NEW COIN CHAT ROOM? Thanks

Message 11625 of 11,869
latest reply