cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Ted, can you provide a link to the Soapbox?

Message 11521 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola Ted200: your post of 18 Oct 2014 0249 hrs:  Yes, Heron agrees regarding being

advised re errors in listings.   It is almost impossible for any seller to know ALL things

about all items.  Some sellers did appreciate receiving correct info and some did not

appreciate that!  Nowadays aggravation can be avoided by not saying a word. ha!

Regards,

xx

Message 11522 of 11,869
latest reply

@b-17blinker wrote:

Ted, can you provide a link to the Soapbox?

http://community.ebay.com/t5/The-Soapbox/bd-p/2124

It is also in it's death throes.

Message 11523 of 11,869
latest reply

Thanks for the link. I'll pay a visit and see if I 'know' anyone.

Message 11524 of 11,869
latest reply

odiescoins, ga_cooke, laddieboy, silverfox, jeff, and I all post over there on and off...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 11525 of 11,869
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

odiescoins, ga_cooke, laddieboy, silverfox, jeff, and I all post over there on and off...

There's a few more of us,

Just not on the A team.

Message 11526 of 11,869
latest reply

@mcdcoins wrote:

@ted_200 wrote:

There's a few more of us,

Just not on the A team.

Even some on the XX team Smiley Embarassed

Message 11527 of 11,869
latest reply

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you two out!  Especially poor tdz, who probably wishes I'd go back to sticking strictly to the Coin and Seller Boards!

Message 11528 of 11,869
latest reply

nah... tdz's a rarity: sits on the other side of the aisle but can hold an intelligent discussion w/o getting all ranty and uriney and pulling "facts" out of the air...

Message 11529 of 11,869
latest reply

1956 feedback!  Reminds Heron of the year 1956.  A friend of the family happened to be

a member of the 'draft board'.  Notified us that Heron's number was being called in 30 days.

Heron went to the Air Force recruiter - one year waiting list.

Then the Navy recruiter - 9 months waiting list.

Then, as Heron was departing the building, he saw a small sign that said US Coast Guard.

Heron remember that an uncle was in the USCG during WWII.

Heron went in that office and asked how long was the waiting list?

An older Chief Petty Officer answered, "When do you want to enlist".  Heron answered, right now!

The 30 year CPO remarked 'trying to beat the draft ey?'...

So, Heron listened to the different programs and signed a 6 year contract in order to attend a 6

months training school after basic training.  One a the best things Heron ever did!

As for Heron contributing to the 'soapbox' commentarios, there is not much interest in that project.

The 'right' will still be the 'right'.

The 'left' will still be 'leftists'. 

Nothing ever gets resolved.  Just a lot of 'sniping' back and forth regarding politicks.  Yikes!

Heron would much rather discuss coins, tokens, and paper money.

Although it appears that this chatting bjord could be headed towards muerte!

Regards,

xx

Message 11530 of 11,869
latest reply

1956 feedback!  Reminds Heron of the year 1956. 

As of this posting, he's 1963.  I believe that is his own (and my) birthyear!

Message 11531 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola Ted200: He is now on 1970!  That was also a good year for Heron.  Heron quit smoking

cigarettes and ceegars that year! It was also a very good 'sales' year for Heron... Ha! 

Message 11532 of 11,869
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

Hola Ted200: He is now on 1970!  That was also a good year for Heron.  Heron quit smoking

cigarettes and ceegars that year! It was also a very good 'sales' year for Heron... Ha! 

Remembering significant years ...

Let's see ... 1980 first time living abroad ... 1981 marriage... 1989 first child (yeah, being of Polish descent it took me a while to figure that out Smiley Very Happy).  1992 second child.  1997 got transferred to Europe ... 1999 my interest in numismatics was rekindled by a work colleague telling me about a Brussels auction house.   

All downhill from there!

BTW you guys said the nicest things a few posts back.

And yes, Coins and Soapbox both comatose these days, if not nearly muerte.

But we have elections and a Republican congress just around the corner!  That should liven things up.

Message 11533 of 11,869
latest reply

1954 was a good year for me.  My late father was Executive Officer of the Norfolk Naval Air Station and I was in 4th grade at an exclusive private school the Norfolk Academy.  I played in Little League and football on the school team complete with uniforms.  I rode around with my father after Hurricane Hazel inspecting the damage to the base.  Sometimes with a few friends we'd sneak into the area where they stored vintage airplanes and played pilot.  I got my first Lionel train set; a switch engine.  It was one year later that I started collecting coins and rode the train with my late mother from Quantico to Washington to go to a coin shop and to collect Dinky Toys.  Life was good.  I only wished I'd also had collected MPC's back then.  I had military field radio or I should say my father had one by Hallicrafters.  While at Quantico a visiting British army major gave me a pouch of the coins he collected on his travels.  I still have them.

Message 11534 of 11,869
latest reply

Interesting .

Message 11535 of 11,869
latest reply