cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Where is johnny cat? Has he been to his sandbox lately?

Message 11506 of 11,869
latest reply

@richardm9874 wrote:

Where is johnny cat? Has he been to his sandbox lately?

He's around... I just accepted a post of his as a "solution" yesterday.  But I think the new site navigation discourages anyone from coming around here... he just forgets to follow the maze and check in very often. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 11507 of 11,869
latest reply

Hi Ted! Good to see you and hope things are going well for you.

Message 11508 of 11,869
latest reply

Same to you richard... things are muy bueno here! 

Message 11509 of 11,869
latest reply

Been away from Ebay for 2 years writing a Book ,whats selling good in coins .

Message 11510 of 11,869
latest reply

Holas Amigos!  A question for our large group of coin & papermoney aficionados:

What do youse do when an obvious listing error is detected?

Por ejemplo:  Heron was perusing the German States listings and found a listing for

a 1 Pfennig copper coin claiming it was a Prussian coin.

It was not!  There is no legend and coin is identified by the 'coat of arms' on obverse.

The coat of arms for that coin was absolutely Waldeck-Pyrmont!  Heron knows this

because he has coins from both of those coin issuing authorities. Plus the catalog

info.

The 2nd obvious error in the same listings group was a coin listed as GERMAN STATES

6 Pence 1942.  The coin depicted Geo VI of England!   [Or Gran Britannia if youse prefers].

The last time Heron offered advise was about the year 2000.  In return for Heron's assistance

in identifying an item he received about 15 nastygrams. 

Since that time, Heron has not offered his assistance to any seller. 

Have things changed?  Is it ok to offer assistance now?  Just curious is Heron!

Regards,

xx

Message 11511 of 11,869
latest reply

when it's an obvious honest mistake by the seller, i'll send them an ebaygram... sometimes a long time goes between ebaygrams, but i've sent two in the last couple of weeks and both sellers were glad to have been informed...

Message 11512 of 11,869
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

Por ejemplo:  Heron was perusing the German States listings and found a listing for

It was not!  There is no legend and coin is identified by the 'coat of arms' on obverse.

The coat of arms for that coin was absolutely Waldeck-Pyrmont!  Heron knows this

because he has coins from both of those coin issuing authorities. Plus the catalog

info.

The 2nd obvious error in the same listings group was a coin listed as GERMAN STATES

6 Pence 1942.  The coin depicted Geo VI of England!   [Or Gran Britannia if youse prefers].

The last time Heron offered advise was about the year 2000.  In return for Heron's assistance

Regards,

xx

I occasionally notice an error like the ones you mention, and if i send the seller an email via ebay, I usually get a polite response.

Message 11513 of 11,869
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

info.

Regards,

xx

Maybe it's your way of informing them.

Message 11514 of 11,869
latest reply

Not likely! el Heron doesnt use your method of communication.  Regards.

xx

Message 11515 of 11,869
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

Not likely! el Heron doesnt use your method of communication.  Regards.

xx

And, yet, I've never received any "nastygrams." Maybe they're just confused by your unique take on the English language.

Message 11516 of 11,869
latest reply

Of course you have!  Don't be shy.  The Inglich Langwich?  Always changing and now mostly abbreviations...!

xx [Dos Equis!]

Message 11517 of 11,869
latest reply

Nice job on the C&PM Board, by the way. I see that people are using it to the tune of as many as two or even three posts a day!

Impressive.

Message 11518 of 11,869
latest reply

@jeffs_new_and_used_coins wrote:

Nice job on the C&PM Board, by the way. I see that people are using it to the tune of as many as two or even three posts a day!

Impressive.

Well, that's to be expected, they hauled it off to Groups (a dark corner where no one can find it) and they send out nastygrams if you discuss anything worth discussing here.  There are now more CPM Board users on the Soapbox than there are here, which is exactly what I'd predicted.  In fact there are more CPM Board users in my non-eBay private seller's forum, and that isn't even geared towards coins at all.  Similar crackdowns have rendered the CFe Group just as inactive and useless.  This isn't el heron's fault, it's Jeff Terrell's fault, and it is just how he likes it. 

Message 11519 of 11,869
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

info.

Regards,

xx

I'll sometimes message them, but usually not anymore... it just depends on if I think they deserve any help.  I always appreciate it when users contact me if I've got some screw up in a listing though...

Message 11520 of 11,869
latest reply