cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

Hate the discussion board format? Wish there was a place to have a running chat like in the old ebay chat rooms that they took away?

Here is the solution, one thread devoted to chatting about anything and everything about coins all in the same place.

Post whatever is on your mind. There is no official topic here. So let's get the chatting started.

Message 1 of 11,869
latest reply
11,868 REPLIES 11,868

Re: --THE NEW COIN CHAT ROOM--

gee Lithium, thanks so much for making everything smaller and harder to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: and slower too!!!

Message 11491 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola!  Turned on the computadora this AM and thought hit a wrong sequence of keys!

However, perhaps it wasnt Heron's mistook afterall?  It was time for another program 'change'?

Soon we will be buried so deep we will not be able to find anyting!  Opinion. Regards,

xx

Message 11492 of 11,869
latest reply

just another case of "if it AIN'T broke, fix it"...
Message 11493 of 11,869
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:
just another case of "if it AIN'T broke, fix it"...

...'til it is!

Aside from this awful mess on the Community (I didn't think it possible to make the navigation worse, more cumbersome, and confusing... but eBay always proves me wrong!), there was a major site outage/malfunction/crash today.  A lot of people couldn't log in to the site, many sellers ID's cam back as "no such ID exists", Stores came up as "No Store exists", users could not print shipping labels or see their sold items, and buyers could not open listings from the Search results page. 

Can't say if the two were related or not, so far eBay is stonewalling and lying about what happened.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 11494 of 11,869
latest reply

i thought my account had been hacked/deleted/NARUed...
Message 11495 of 11,869
latest reply

So did a lot of other people.

By mid-,morning at least one techie site was reporting eBay was hacked, and 1,000s of accounts had been deleted.  It doesn't appear that was the case, but then I don't suppose anyone with a deleted account would be able to access the Boards to comment on it.

eBay is sticking with their lame story that a small number of users had issues with the log-in page. 

http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/11695/20140903/ebay-problems-e-commerce-giant-down-hacked-und...

I KNOW that's not true.  They finally posted an announcment...

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/09/technical-issue-impacts-some-ebay-customers/

Message 11496 of 11,869
latest reply

typical MSM reporting... posit (IOW -- make carp up that'll PO the most people) that maybe, possibly, the worst thing happened...

server maintenance? BS... somebody crashed a server farm, tripped over a cable, or blew a breaker...

Message 11497 of 11,869
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

So did a lot of other people.

By mid-,morning at least one techie site was reporting eBay was hacked, and 1,000s of accounts had been deleted.  It doesn't appear that was the case, but then I don't suppose anyone with a deleted account would be able to access the Boards to comment on it.

eBay is sticking with their lame story that a small number of users had issues with the log-in page. 

http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/11695/20140903/ebay-problems-e-commerce-giant-down-hacked-und...

I KNOW that's not true.  They finally posted an announcment...

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/09/technical-issue-impacts-some-ebay-customers/

I was affected.  I tried logging on around 2:30 Eastern, and couldn;t  get in, repeatedly getting the "invlaid user id or password" error message.  When I called Ebay customer service they had a canned message saying that there was a technical problem beleived to be related to server maintenance (my phone number also wasn;t recognized).  By 5 p.m. Eastern, my access was restored.

Message 11498 of 11,869
latest reply

Hi All ,

I just want to know what did you do to my eBay Ted I didn't go away I'm still in the coins .

Remember when I said stamps .I thought I really went craze when I saw the board today ,I thought that the stamp board OP's .Pushed me over the edge for real.I am lurking everyday .Just been to much into the stamps to get back.

Lori I want to say hi to you also .And quit messing with the Board .I thought you decided to do some Home Improvements maybe !!!!

Anything is an improvement from that other board. As of right now I think they are now on the Letter K or is J ????????

I will be back .

Lindy's Roar

Message 11499 of 11,869
latest reply

Holas Amigos!  el Heron noticed this morning [12 Sept 2014] that these segmentos formerly called

'treads' are now being called 'topics'.  Heron likes the woid topics. Reminds him of beaches of western

Mexico.   With many palm trees bending in the ocean breeze and Herons enjoying the ocean view & sipping

the jugos fermentados de la planta agave azul! Ha!  Topics Indeed!  Regards,

xx

Message 11500 of 11,869
latest reply

I say Holas Amigos yourself, el Heron ?

How you just painted me a picture of a beautiful place.  We have been to Mexico and from IN that is a long way.But beautiful

I can't wait till we go to Florida in the winter.

How is the world of coins.

Have you and My Friend caught many bad guys lately,are there still a lot of fakes on eBay listing.

Some of the people knew I had to let the coins set for a while and work on the biggest Stamp collection and Little store .I have to work on .Best part once you have your photos of your stamps you can list till you can't sit in the same place anymore..

I hope to get them both going that means also my Erroe coins and World.

So nice to here from some of you.

Lindy's Roar

Message 11501 of 11,869
latest reply

There is very little "catching bad guys" on eBay nowadays.  Not that there aren't plenty to catch... we all see them, every day... "Look!  Banditos!" we tell eBay.  And eBay tells us "Do not discuss any banditos on our site!  Please report any banditos to our Sgt. Schultz in las Islas Filipinas!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8105U1WY9ro

Message 11502 of 11,869
latest reply

Hola Lindy: Your post of 12 Sept 2014 1943 hrs:  Yes, there are some very nice places on the

West Coast of Mexico.  Also some dandy restaurantes where good food and ocean views can be

enjoyed!   There is one place in Ciudad Zihuatanejo.  A favorito. A restaurante next to the beach on

one of the finest bahias in the world.  Nice cooling breeze from the Oceano Pacifico and a lot of

smoke from the giant charcoal broiler where the Mahi Mahi are simmering.  Best time a year is

Jan or Feb.  Florida weather in the wintertime is ok but there are millions of 'snowbirds' crowding

the streets.

Yes, postage stamps can be a fun hobby.  However, for Heron it are the coins 1st and paper money

2nd.  Hard to beat collecting money as a hobby!  Hang in there and good luck. Buena Suerte!

Banditos on the innernet, my gooness!  Who would do such a thing?

Regards,

xx

Message 11503 of 11,869
latest reply

Holas coin collecting Amigos!  From time to time and on various 'topics' we discuss coin

denominations/currency names.  Yesterday Sunday 14 Sept 2014, Heron acquired a new

addition to his diffferent denomination/currency coin collection within the accumulation:

West Friesland Silver 1786 Doppelwapenstuiver.  [Silver 2 Stuiver].  Neat ey?

[Heron already owned a West Friesland Wapenstuiver but not a Doppelwapenstuiver.]

The coin collecting fun continues onward.  Always a great hobby!  Never boring! Regards,

['Topics' formerly called by the nickname 'treads'].

xx

Message 11504 of 11,869
latest reply

Hi elHeron,

Let me say this I think that the very worst thing you could do to your heir would be leave them your Stamp collections and the little part of your hobby shop that some how was not in sight for them to view.

It's is like sending them to their room for life and someone is there to run their nails down a chalk board  for the entire duration of your stay.

I sure will be glad when I get to the part where I can start the listing.Then back to coin world.If you ever want a treat pop on over to their board ,by the time someone answers you would have hair that would touch the floor.

You don't have to worry about anyone who might disagree with you because they are at the letter K now and that takes up all the chat.

There is money to be made but think how many stamps it takes to fill 27 Albums plus how many to supply the little store.The albums will be easy since all but one is from Civil War.That is a walk in the park.

Right now I have been making sets of 100's of Plate Blocks per listing.I don't even want to think about when I have to list the singles .

The good part is I'm listing in large lots ,I have to or I will never get it done.

I can't wait till I get back to the coins.

Ted I still have a quarter with your name on it for all the help I have gotten.

I will be back until then keep me in mind  also my  67' Mustang has been to a few shows and done very well.

So keep in mind  "Think Silver -Think Gold"

Lindy's Roar

Message 11505 of 11,869
latest reply