cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOLEN PROPERTY/COINS PLEASE RETURN TO RIGHTFULL OWNER

I live in New Zealand and had a few coins of considerable value sent to the USA for grading.

My coins arrived sound and safe, however once graded the local courier in Tampa, Florida so called "scanned the coins incorrectly" and have gone "missing/stolen" ever since.

These coins belong to me. Please please return these to me.

I am prepared to pay a reward once I have my coins back

Please let me know if any of the following coins are in your possession or have been offered to you in any way or form.

ICG Coin Number

Year

Denomination

Grade

276191-01-01

1915-S

5C

AU  58

276191-02-01

1915-S

5C

EF45

276191-03-01

1915-D

5C

EF  45

276191-04-01

1917-S

5C

AU50

276191-05-01

1918-S

5C

EF45

276191-06-01

1920-S

5C

EF45

276191-07-01

1C

AU  50

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@spruitnz

Hi,

Was this an eBay sale in which you were doing a return?

Are you saying the coins were stolen while in possession of the USPS or UPS or any other carrier in which you should be filing an insurance claim with?

Thanks,
lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No the coins were not boiught on Ebay, These were my already private collection, but I wanted to put it out here just so people know if they were to be offerd for sale.

I have made a claim and was subsequently "reimbursed" by the graders (although very difficult) 

I was pretty much forced into accepting the settlement by the graders but I know these were worth a lot more than I got from the insurance.

Nobody at the USA end ever questioned the courier locally and investigated him/her.

I even took it up with customs (very helpfull people) but USPS seems to wash their hands.

I just want my coins back, so if there is anybody out there holding coins in slabs with the ICG grading numbers, .... those coins are stolen property and need to be returned to me the righfull owner. Thanks all for keeping an eye out.

Kind regard from New Zealand

Message 3 of 3
latest reply