cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal limited account

Hi there,

I hope that this is not too late ,but Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all of you.

I have a problem with limited paypal account,on 8th Dec 2015 I have received the following message from them:

"As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. During a recent screening, PayPal's Compliance Department reviewed your account and identified activity that may be in violation of United States regulations administered by the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). PayPal is committed to complying with and meeting its global regulatory obligations. One obligation is to ensure that our customers, merchants, and partners are also in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including those set forth by OFAC, in their use of PayPal."

All documents have been sent to them since 9th of Dec 2015,and on 20th of Dec I have sent a message to their message center,but all what they do is forwarding my messages to the limitation department with no direct contact between me and the limitation department.

The problem -I assume- happend after buying some books outside Ebay which include one with the title "Iranian hammered coinage,by Farahbakhsh " I have included a list of the books within the paypal payment message .

Is this book is the problem? If yes ,then how bad is my situation?.

Kind Regards,

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference"

Robert Frost (1874–1963)
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Paypal limited account

Hi Again,

Just would like to say that my account was restored today.They said the documents are OK ,but there was a technical problem which delayed the restore .

Thanks for yours inputs.

Regards,

Robert Frost (1874–1963)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Ohh I forget to add one more thing the books bought from Switzerland .

Robert Frost (1874–1963)
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

it's probably a phishing scam... do NOT click on any links in the email... forward the email to spoof (AT) paypal DOT com... log into your account normally and check for messages...

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@*smedley* wrote:

it's probably a phishing scam... do NOT click on any links in the email... forward the email to spoof (AT) paypal DOT com... log into your account normally and check for messages...

Sounds like good advice.

If I read it correctly that somebody asked for a driver's license and passport to be emailed to them, I would NEVER have complied with that. 

SCARY.  Looks like ID theft waiting to happen.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@tdziemianowicz wrote:

@*smedley* wrote:

Sounds like good advice.

If I read it correctly that somebody asked for a driver's license and passport to be emailed to them, I would NEVER have complied with that. 

SCARY.  Looks like ID theft waiting to happen.

Oops.  I meant copies of driver's license and passport.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am 100% sure that the emails are from paypal,as I have logged in directly to the paypal.com website and found the same message and actually I have exchanged few email with the "  message center" and ask them why it is taking that long and why in the first place my account is limited .Above that I have received few calls from them,but the problem is that they do not give me a direct contact of the limitation department nor I receive any feedback from the later. The " message center" promise me the they will forward my questions ,but until now no reply.

The situation is on hold as the image shows since 9th of Dec. Is this by any chance caused by the Iranian coins book? if so,how severe is that? any experience seller about that?

By the way is there is PayPal Discussion Boards?  A lot of changes here since my last visit.

Thanks

Robert Frost (1874–1963)
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@coinsrainbow wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am 100% sure that the emails are from paypal,as I have logged in directly to the paypal.com website and found the same message and actually I have exchanged few email with the "  message center" and ask them why it is taking that long and why in the first place my account is limited .Above that I have received few calls from them,but the problem is that they do not give me a direct contact of the limitation department nor I receive any feedback from the later. The " message center" promise me the they will forward my questions ,but until now no reply.

The situation is on hold as the image shows since 9th of Dec. Is this by any chance caused by the Iranian coins book? if so,how severe is that? any experience seller about that?

By the way is there is PayPal Discussion Boards?  A lot of changes here since my last visit.

Thanks

Thinking some more, I did receive about one year ago from paypal (service@paypal.com) a request for additional iinfo for purposes of U.S. tax reporting, also with a comment about my account being subject to limitations.  Here is part of the text of that email:

We are required to obtain tax ID numbers from all online sellers who
receive payments for goods or services through PayPal. If you do not
provide us with your Tax ID number, your account access will be limited,
and you will be unable to request or receive money. After you provide us
your Tax ID number, your account will be fully functional..

I ignored the request, never provided any information, and never found any issues with being able to do paypal business as normal.  But my level of activity with paypal is relatively small.

I do not think your purchase had anything to do with it.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Hi Again,

Just would like to say that my account was restored today.They said the documents are OK ,but there was a technical problem which delayed the restore .

Thanks for yours inputs.

Regards,

Robert Frost (1874–1963)
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

big brother IS watching and wants to find out all available information about you...ebay also will fish for more info than they ever need...good luck

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

P
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I SAW WHERE THEY HAD A BIG LAWSUIT AGAINTS THEM FOR MAKING EXCUSES SO THEY COULD HOLD FUNDS AND DRAW INTEREST.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Excuse me Sir or Madam, as the case may be, somehow I missed how your post relates to this Coin & Paper Money Discussion Board.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Thank
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I purchased an iwatch through a private individual using ebay/paypal and I'm not able to use the item because is currently locked and linked through the seller's owned e-mail account
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

sorry to hear that, but it's got zip to do with C&PM...

Message 15 of 25
latest reply