cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT-Favorite Band/Music ~ Reading C&PM

Hello Friends,

I thought I would mix it up a bit and ask what people listen to (if anything) while reading & posting here. Music is a huge part of my life (for better or worse) but it is always a constant. Does anyone here have a favorite group/band that they listen to and would like to share that with everybody?

I will take that next step. My favorite band is Steely Dan and I listen to "AJA" quite often full blast with my JBL L-112's flexing their might and reading the posts here. It is a cool experience for me and I am in hopes that those who listen to music while perusing this board will share what they listen to. 🙂 No right,no wrong, no scam; it is what it is. Do tell...

richard
Message 1 of 4,186
latest reply
4,185 REPLIES 4,185

Can't say that I've seen it. But I'd like the soundtrack I'll bet.

Easy to pass over, impossible to ignore.

Everybody was Kung Flu fighting...
Message 106 of 4,186
latest reply

glocmt12
Trailblazer
It's an interesting movie. Without giving too much away, Sean Penn plays the second best guitar player during the Django era. When he finally meets him, he's so overwhelmed that he faints! Might be worth renting. I actually bought it.
Message 107 of 4,186
latest reply

Does anyone know of a good recording label for Clare de Lune? I brought one at Borders and was disappointed. I used a gift certificate I got for Christmas. Yuk!
Message 108 of 4,186
latest reply

Clare de Lune by Debussy? Deusche Grammophon and Decca usually provides high quality.
Message 109 of 4,186
latest reply

And BTW, "Sweet and lowdown" is one of my favorites. A must-see, tele.
Message 110 of 4,186
latest reply

Clair is a Loony Tomita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCCaJNoYOQ
Message 111 of 4,186
latest reply

Thanks DaveyD for that lovely rendition of Clare de Lune, very relaxing and thank you svessien for the info on the recording labels. I'll have to play that video again!
Message 112 of 4,186
latest reply

Anyone here a Sarah Brightman fan? Haven't heard from her in a coons age. Who was the artist who sang "I can see clearly now the rain must fall"?
Message 113 of 4,186
latest reply

I was a professional musician for over 20 years so my fav band was mine. Aw, just kidding. Its my son's band. They are awesome. When I get him and the rest of the band together in the studio and burn out his first CD I will post a little of what they have done. My music career has ended on a good note and now I work with Jake and the rest of the band utilizing my contacts I have made over the years.
Message 114 of 4,186
latest reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogeV4mpx0Lo

Here is a happy birthday song for ann.
----------------------

I bleep. Therefore I am.
Message 115 of 4,186
latest reply

Jason, what type of music did your band play, and what type does your son play?

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Time flies like an arrow. But fruit flies like a Banana." Groucho

Message 116 of 4,186
latest reply

Jake plays hard rock, metal and alternative rock. I played hard rock, classic rock, country, jazz and blues. I played in the studio as a session musician so I had to be very versatile. I have been blessed and have played with a lot of big people however; I was also on the road a lot with my primary band. My Grandfather really started it all. He was a musician that owned his own studio and played with Laurence Welk before there was TV. It has just run through some of the males in he family.
Message 117 of 4,186
latest reply

LOL heavy medal,
My son has a heavy medal band. He is quite talented on lead guitar. They made a CD a couple of years ago. They sold some. They don't have a manager, and have not been able to get the CD to the "right" people.

I tell him keep playing. Most of the time it takes years to become an overnight success.

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Time flies like an arrow. But fruit flies like a Banana." Groucho

Message 118 of 4,186
latest reply

allmyextra
Enthusiast
http://www.youtube.com/user/songsfromahat
Message 119 of 4,186
latest reply